Author Topic: What's next for the Boston Celtics  (Read 8041 times)

What's next for the Boston Celtics
« on: May 03, 2008, 01:48:29 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!

Ok, OK. We all got it out of our systems. Some of us said we hoped the Celtics would lose game 7 because, "They just don't want to win." Some of us said, "This team could never beat Cleveland." Well sorry, but I am a Celtic's fan. I don't quit on my team. They will win game seven on Sunday, and they will continue winning throughout the playoffs. There is no way that this hiccup has caused so many of us to completely lose faith in this team. Not only will they win on Sunday, but they will beat Cleveland with relative ease. Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, we still have them and we still have the best bench in the NBA. We have homecourt throughout the entire playoffs, and no one wins at the Garden except the Celtics.

Quit on them if you want, but I will not give up that easily. These Hawks are just making the world championship DVD a little more interesting. Was it over when Pitino destroyed this team. Was it over when we didn't get Greg Oden? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? No! Because it isn't over until we say it is!

Re: What's next for the Boston Celtics
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 02:23:19 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? No! Because it isn't over until we say it is!

I assume that`s a joke  ??? You mean the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, right?

I soo hope you`re right and that you can see the light while I`m wandering in Darkness... 8)
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 02:45:23 AM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75

Ok, OK. We all got it out of our systems. Some of us said we hoped the Celtics would lose game 7 because, "They just don't want to win." Some of us said, "This team could never beat Cleveland." Well sorry, but I am a Celtic's fan. I don't quit on my team. They will win game seven on Sunday, and they will continue winning throughout the playoffs. There is no way that this hiccup has caused so many of us to completely lose faith in this team. Not only will they win on Sunday, but they will beat Cleveland with relative ease. Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, we still have them and we still have the best bench in the NBA. We have homecourt throughout the entire playoffs, and no one wins at the Garden except the Celtics.

Quit on them if you want, but I will not give up that easily. These Hawks are just making the world championship DVD a little more interesting. Was it over when Pitino destroyed this team. Was it over when we didn't get Greg Oden? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? No! Because it isn't over until we say it is!

I was on my way to giving you a TP for positivity before you came out with that!

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 02:56:38 AM »

Offline JAM

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
I whole heartedly agree!

I still don't trust the Germans because of what they did to Pearl Harbor.  Don't worry I gave you a Tommy Point.

I'm late for a Toga party.

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 03:31:09 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Celtics in 7, that's all that we should be focusing on.  No way Atlanta comes into the Garden and beats us on Sunday.  From then on, each series is its own entity.  We'll get ready to stop LeBron and the Cavs.

Believe in Boston.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 03:36:35 AM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
if we had got greg oden we wouldnt even be in the playoffs...

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 04:44:50 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
I'm late for a Toga party.

toga! toga! toga! 2000! ahh homer, always enlightens me in a time of need.

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 05:22:56 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
I believe that the team is going through a big test in this series.  Each player should learn from every game he had gone through.  One thing I noticed is the team is not maximizing all the talents of each fielded player.  I have yet to see the upside of every player. The Big 3 are getting overused and overexposed which may backfire on the team when they go the distance on every series.  The talents and skills of Tony Allen, Big Baby and James Posey are not being utilized. I would love to see TA in the starting line up and try to do his thing early. If early on he does not perform well, then immediately insert Ray Allen to the lineup. In that way, TA will keep the Hawks off balance if he performs well. Experiments must have been employed early on for this series but doing it in the early stages of Game 7 I think will not hurt the team.
If we get through successfully in Game 7, the team (players and coach) I believe will start to build on confidence and focus on each game from hereon.
Focus guys, focus.

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 03:57:48 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I can't believe so many people didn't get, "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

God, how can anyone in this day and age, not have seen Animal House, or at least get that reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtP3whUbgZE

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 04:02:58 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
What's next for the Boston Celtics?

I hope it's the Cleveland Cavaliers. ;)
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 04:05:07 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Our education system is really in shambles.  Don't you people know your history?  Animal House ought to be mandatory viewing in all history classes.  That this many people can not reference the Germans quote has shredded my last bit of faith in humanity.

I can't believe so many people didn't get, "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

God, how can anyone in this day and age, not have seen Animal House, or at least get that reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtP3whUbgZE
Yup

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 04:14:28 PM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Losing won't be too bad..... The Spurs were a very good team during Duncan's rookie year and they couldn't win it all until his second year after the team was together for a year..... if we end up losing tomorrow, look for next year to be a championship year.....

Even though I love this team, and been a loyal supporter even through the losing years, I honestly don't think we can win a championship with Pierce.
He is too immature even these days.... Can you imagine being in a game 7 of the Finals in a close game and Pierce goes out of control and gets a technical and costs us the championship? I surely can picture it very easily.

How does Pierce for Marion sound? Their salaries are about the same and Marion doesn't get too emotional on the court and can defend players like Joe Johnson and Lebron James.

A lineup of Rondo, Ray, Marion, Garnett, Perkins.... we'd be able to defend any superstar in the league.

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 04:15:11 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Loved the Animal House reference myself. TP.

What's next is a win in game 7.

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2008, 05:11:29 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Losing won't be too bad..... The Spurs were a very good team during Duncan's rookie year and they couldn't win it all until his second year after the team was together for a year.....
The Spurs didn't win it all Duncan's first year because they didn't have the players. They had no outside shooting. Their wings were very weak and had no backups, and since they were injured that killed them.

How does Pierce for Marion sound? Their salaries are about the same and Marion doesn't get too emotional on the court and can defend players like Joe Johnson and Lebron James.

A lineup of Rondo, Ray, Marion, Garnett, Perkins.... we'd be able to defend any superstar in the league.

They'd be an atrocious offensive team with only one reliable go-to scorer and that's Ray Allen. After the season he's had it would be madness to pin so much hopes on his scoring ability. This team desperately needs Paul Pierce. He's the guy that makes this team a contender.

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 06:05:55 PM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
Let's go back to the winning days of House and Allen. This team needs some energy and they along with Davis and Powe provided it.