Poll

Why did we lose game 6?

Referees (fts 47-25 in favor of Hawks)
12 (22.6%)
Doc (just same old playoff Doc)
10 (18.9%)
Big 3 (flat out choke)
13 (24.5%)
No stops (can't get stops when we need to on the road)
10 (18.9%)
Ray Allen looks like a grandpa
1 (1.9%)
Donny Marshall and no Tommy announcing
3 (5.7%)
Little to None Offensive Execution
4 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: May 09, 2008, 11:50:55 PM

Author Topic: Why did we lose Poll?  (Read 8362 times)

Why did we lose Poll?
« on: May 02, 2008, 11:50:55 PM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 5
How is this possible? Let's find out
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 12:15:59 PM by bigtyc55 »

Re: Why did we lose Poll?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 11:56:58 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
How is this possible? Let's find out...

I'll go with just a plain old choke.

For most of the game it was a battle and Atlanta was playing well.  I can sorta live with getting outplayed for it's surface worth.  But, man they just started playing so out of control panicky.  I say it was a CHOKE.

Although Perk was huge with the 2 free throws  :)
Yup

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 11:57:11 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
nice idea for a poll - I went with no stops - they were few and far between, and man did that JJ 3 kill us....
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 12:09:12 AM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 5
alright, who was it who actually voted for no more donny marshall?

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 12:10:22 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Bad Offensive Execution

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 12:11:37 AM »

Offline Green Pride

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
alright, who was it who actually voted for no more donny marshall?
it was me. my real vote would go to the big 3 choke, but i just can't stand to listen to donny marshall, especially when we're losing. if you could do better, why were you out of the league before you were 30?!

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 01:17:48 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
All of the above (with the possible exception of Donny Marshall.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 01:21:43 AM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
Kevin Garnett lacking intensity, not challenging for rebounds, faililng to step up in anything close to a key situation, and overall non-MVPish behavior. He sets the tone, remember? He certainly set it tonight, and that's why there will be a Game 7 involving the 37-45 (now 40-48) Atlanta Hawks.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 01:23:41 AM »

Offline TheShowPowe

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
Little to None Offensive Execution should just go under Doc Rivers.

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 02:34:35 AM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Kevin Garnett lacking intensity, not challenging for rebounds, faililng to step up in anything close to a key situation, and overall non-MVPish behavior. He sets the tone, remember? He certainly set it tonight, and that's why there will be a Game 7 involving the 37-45 (now 40-48) Atlanta Hawks.

Ive got to agree with this.  Disappointing game by KG.  On three late possessions he made 3 bad passes - resulting in 2 turnovers i think.  He also settled on 20ft shots and fadeaways too many times during the game.

As WHO mentioned, our offensive execution was poor.  Although we set up through KG in the post, i dont think our off ball movement was there to allow for good passing.  Passing can only be as good as the movements you make.

I thought the double teaming of JJ was too extended, and happened too predictably.  Especially when JJ got the ball at the top of the key, this left him with too easy options.

Paul looked primed for a big one, however, picked up 2 or 3 stupid fouls.  The last one was an absolute joke of a call, but he put himself in that position.

The Hawks also fed off their home crowd.  Hats off to the Atlanta fans for lifting that team. 

Next game, i'd like to see more offense run through the high post.  Even if its Perk initiating it, i think the C's do an excellent job when the offense is run this way.

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 03:29:36 AM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
kevin made a grip of bad passes.....turnovers

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 06:32:10 AM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
Yup, pretty much all of the above.
Looks like without PP, we really need Big Baby in there for inside offense.
 KG showed that he really doesn't want to do it- it's not his strenth anyway, but c'mon KG, you're seven feet tall and have the ball about five feet from the basket with the game on the line! Don't pass it out like it's a hot potato.
IMO, Ray Allen should be playing about 20 minutes a game. I'm the nut who picked him in the poll above for playing like a grandpa.
The refs did suck. The last foul and the technical on Pierce were pure BS. So he threw his headband on the floor. Whoop de doo! Is he supposed to be happy about fouling out on a bogus call? Did he threaten the ref, touch him, punch someone, throw it at him? What a bunch of crap.

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 07:15:38 AM »

Offline tanner

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
still can't get over the major choke job there by our superstars, particularly KG.  should have overcome any questionable officiating and coaching in that game.

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2008, 07:27:55 AM »

Offline RmbrRuss

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
Rondo was pulled by Doc for one bum play in the 4th quarter...his quickness on rebounds alone might have settled this otherwise.  Bad psyching of Rondo by Doc when Rondo's come so far.

If Doc were better, this series would have been over in 5.

Why acquire PJ Brown if you weren't going to play him?

How about Paul Pierce as 6th man?   It's not such a bad tradition in Boston...Havlicek...McHale.

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 07:39:55 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Rondo was pulled by Doc for one bum play in the 4th quarter...his quickness on rebounds alone might have settled this otherwise.  Bad psyching of Rondo by Doc when Rondo's come so far.

If Doc were better, this series would have been over in 5.

Why acquire PJ Brown if you weren't going to play him?

How about Paul Pierce as 6th man?   It's not such a bad tradition in Boston...Havlicek...McHale.

Paul Pierce as a sixth man is bad. We need him on the floor as much as possible.  He is the only one of the Big 3 that can (and not afraid to) make plays in the clutch (if he's in the game ::)).  Ray on the other than, might be the perfect candidate for 6th man, but that is not going to happen.

KG made me sooooo mad last night!  What the heck was he doing making bad passes when he was 5 feet from the basket and all he needed to do was put the ball in the hole!  What a wuss!  Seems like the knock on him from Minnesota about not wanting the ball in crunch time is true! :-[

Get the ball to PP and let him go to work.  He is our closer, not KG.  This is a series that both PP and KG can dominate, but unfortunately KG doesn't want to.  I guarantee you that PP wants the ball.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson