Author Topic: If Celtics win title, does Doc retire?  (Read 9355 times)

Re: If Celtics win title, does Doc retire?
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 05:13:34 PM »

Offline lobstermobster

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Doc Rivers will never lead a team to a title.  Ever.

Songalia got suspended for touching the crowned prince.  If we didn't already have the worst coach in the NBA, does anybody think Stern is going to allow any team that the crowned prince isn't on to advance over the crowned prince's team?  After that obscene suspension, Stern should just cancel the remaining Eastern Conference games and put the crowned prince and his court in their rightful place in the Finals.

Hopefully Doc retires.

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008, 05:46:49 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

Songalia got suspended for touching the crowned prince.  If we didn't already have the worst coach in the NBA, does anybody think Stern is going to allow any team that the crowned prince isn't on to advance over the crowned prince's team?  After that obscene suspension, Stern should just cancel the remaining Eastern Conference games and put the crowned prince and his court in their rightful place in the Finals.

Hopefully Doc retires.

So Doc won't lead a team to the title because Darius Songalia fouled Lebron James...makes sense
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2008, 05:56:43 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
If the OP's scenario happens, I don't think in a million years I could have dreamed of a more perfect season. (Just kidding, Doc, keep that 11 man Celtics rotation going for the rest of your life.)

Go Cs
Go Celtics.

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2008, 06:17:32 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
Doc seems to enjoy coaching, he's going to be paid a ton of money, and he has an outside chance of building some HOF credentials (multiple championships, Coach of the Year award.  Scary thought, isn't it?)
I can't believe you just said that.

Well, I did call it an outside chance.  And, I certainly wouldn't be voting for him.  Still, the media loves him, and if he finishes his career with a bunch of wins (he's young), a winning record, a couple of championships, and a C.O.Y. award, it could happen.  Shudder.

why would it bother you if Doc makes the HOF as a coach if he has the credentials?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 06:26:40 PM by winsomme »

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2008, 06:33:37 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Way too early for that type of speculation.

More to the point: if Doc can't coach the Cs past the Hawks, he will be fired.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2008, 07:34:05 PM »

Offline lobstermobster

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2

Hopefully Doc retires.

So Doc won't lead a team to the title because Darius Songalia fouled Lebron James...makes sense

No, cdif911, Doc won't lead a team to the title because he can't coach.  He's getting outcoached by Mike Woodson.  This series shouldn't be competitive considering the records and the talent.  Typical Doc Rivers playoff incompetence. 

But Songalia's suspension makes it obvious who Stern wants in the Finals.  Kidd's foul was much worse.  There have been fouls that were much worst than Songalia's in every series including the series he's playing in. Songalia's foul didn't merit anything.  Had he fouled anybody else other than Stern's crowned prince, the foul wouldn't have shown up on anybody's highlight reel.

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2008, 07:43:18 PM »

Offline tanner

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
Not a chance he retires or leaves the C's.  I don't think he even gets fired if this team don't advance against the hawks.  DA and ownership have too much faith in him and will give him another year.  Beyond that I have no idea.

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2008, 10:57:35 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
after tonight's game 6 i hope he just heads down to florida for good...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2008, 05:58:32 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker

Hopefully Doc retires.

I like digging up old posts....

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2008, 06:01:03 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

Hopefully Doc retires.

Well, the Celtics haven't won anything yet and with the wheels seemingly falling off, who knows what's going to happen.  I hope they can find a way to get it done without Perk though.  I had no idea how important he was.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2008, 06:05:56 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

Hopefully Doc retires.

Well, the Celtics haven't won anything yet and with the wheels seemingly falling off, who knows what's going to happen.  I hope they can find a way to get it done without Perk though.  I had no idea how important he was.

Agreed

Its up to KG now.
He heve a pretty good chancce of being a hero with one game at home
Hopefully he will show everybody in the league he doesnt crash during crunch time
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2008, 08:54:30 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Doc seems to enjoy coaching, he's going to be paid a ton of money, and he has an outside chance of building some HOF credentials (multiple championships, Coach of the Year award.  Scary thought, isn't it?)
you got that right ;D

Terry Francona isn't exactly the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but he has two rings.  If Doc can have success with the way he does things, more power to him. 

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2008, 09:12:46 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker

I really don't think the wheels are falling off and that's an extreme way of looking at it. Going into this series if someone said, the Celtics will come back home up 3-2 with the chance to close, I think you'd think that is a pretty good deal - we should be happy the c's got a win in LA and overcame the 2-3-2 disadvantage.  The wheels are not falling off.  We're up for heaven's sake...

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2008, 09:15:20 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
If the Celtics win the championship, Doc will suddenly be a lot smarter than he was the day before.  ;) ;D

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2008, 09:38:42 PM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
Wheels falling off? I can see where that's coming from, with the injuries, the inability to close it out last game, KG not coming through, but I think overall the C's are in a great position and I feel confident going into game 6... and I think we'd all admit that our opinion of Doc has improved over the last 2-3 weeks, right?
Now, on to 18...