Author Topic: Celtics Stuff Live! Tonight-Postgame, W/Jeff Hickman.  (Read 1593 times)

Celtics Stuff Live! Tonight-Postgame, W/Jeff Hickman.
« on: May 02, 2008, 08:16:36 AM »

Offline JB_Celticsstuff

• Author
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
Expecting a series clinching win in Atlanta tonight, we will present a post game show.

Can the Celtics duplicate the wondrous effort they displayed on Wednesday?

Aside from a more effective defensive approach to Bibby and Johnson, I loved the passing to the open man and Pierce's creative drives that seemed to always find a seam, never into traffic.

Have they "found their collective playoff souls," as Steve Buckley conjectured in today's Herald?

Here is an accolade from the usually restrained Bob Ryan from today's Globe:

They played killer D. They had an exquisite inside-outside offensive balance. They shared the ball. They got timely bench lifts from the likes of Leon Powe (a 9.9 on the Lovability Scale, isn't he?). It all looked very familiar and logical.

The Stars shone. If the 1986 Larry Bird had played a game such as Paul Pierce submitted in Game 5, we'd be busy composing sonnets and commissioning statues in his honor. Pierce was all over the stat sheet from the beginning, and what I especially loved was the way he set the tone for the offense by combining strong (and ambidextrous) moves to the hoop with a velvety outside touch. He rebounded with great relish and he passed beautifully. That 50-foot outlet pass to a speeding Rajon Rondo as he came down with a second quarter rebound was a Bird-like play if I've ever seen one.

I remember three or four times this season, the same regression and rejuvenation, usually following a practice, when there hadn't been one for a while. Hats off to Doc.

Our guest tonight will be talk show veteran Jeff Hickman, formerly of "Celtics pride."

If you want to participate in the show you can call our toll free number (1.866.751.9649), send us an e-mail to CSL@CelticsBlog.com, or join us in the “Pit” (the chat) during the broadcast.

We Hope you will join us.
JB - "Yes Indeed!"