Poll

What is your level of confidence on this team going into the second round, without a first round victory on the road?

Very confident
5 (55.6%)
Somewhat confident
1 (11.1%)
No conficende at all
3 (33.3%)
It doesn't matter
0 (0%)
Lets change the subject
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Poll: Assuming it takes 7 games to beat ATL....  (Read 2850 times)

Poll: Assuming it takes 7 games to beat ATL....
« on: May 01, 2008, 11:40:00 AM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
I can't imagine going into the second round without a victory on the road against ATL

Re: Poll: Assuming it takes 7 games to beat ATL....
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 11:47:04 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I'd still have plenty of confidence.  Each opponent is a separate animal.  A 7 game win over Atlanta may not be what we had in mind, but it buys the same ticket as a 4 game sweep.

I've said this a bunch of times over the course of the year, and its totally cliche, but all the Celts have to do win a championship is play a game over .500 and do that 4 times. 

That said...Last night was a BIGGY!
Yup

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 11:47:15 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
If you can't beat Atlanta on the road, how are you going to fair against teams good enough to beat you once in Boston?

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 11:51:50 AM »

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 200
I think Atlanta's athleticism and style of game isn't a style of play the green will see again in the playoffs with the possible exception of Washington.

As for not winning on the road, I think the atmosphere in Atlanta had little do with the two losses and the Celts have essentially won everywhere this year on the road.

Looking forward to Friday's game.
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love my kids - call me a sap, it's true.

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 11:54:31 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
I'd still have plenty of confidence.  Each opponent is a separate animal.  A 7 game win over Atlanta may not be what we had in mind, but it buys the same ticket as a 4 game sweep.

I've said this a bunch of times over the course of the year, and its totally cliche, but all the Celts have to do win a championship is play a game over .500 and do that 4 times. 

That said...Last night was a BIGGY!

i agree. i think each series is an entity unto itself. and this team (as a unit) is still figuring out what the playoffs are all about for them.

we have to remember that even with as much talent and experience as there is on this team, this is still their first go-round in the playoffs together.

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 12:01:29 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
I would rather assume we win Friday and advance.  :)

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 12:08:51 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
Other than the presumption of the poll,(I'm sure we will win Friday); I'm highly confident if in the event somehow that game is loss, that it would be a learning and building realization of what it takes to win going forward in these playoffs!

As has been said, and correctly in my view also, .500+ ball is what it takes to win each series and the championship. My own expectations have been tempered by this realization, but not my confidence in the eventual outcome ;)

This team has yet to play its best games strung together in a series, however the total package was on display last night of this teams potential when well focused and well coached! Bring on a game 7 with anyone in the league and I very much like our hopes as fans being realized :)

-Go Celtics-
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 07:51:55 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Still feeling confident?

....just wanted to bring the subject back to life since it seems to be very relevant at the moment.... ;)