Author Topic: Chants for tonight  (Read 10351 times)

Re: Chants for tonight
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 01:30:15 PM »

Offline Hal Jordan

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6

5, 6, 7, 8, everybody booty shake

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin about! Gotta love a good, cathartic booty shake. :)

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 01:31:07 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
Since it's Atlanta, the city that gave us the hideous Tomahawk Chop, how about.....Doooooooc Must Goooooooooo......ooooooooo........oooooooo

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 02:10:51 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I like the "U-Bunt-U" idea, but as Paul said "Lets-Go-Celtics," was always Red's favorite, and it's a classic chant at the Garden, something the Hawks just don't have.

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 02:12:02 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
yes, by all means lets chant for the firing of a coach that lead us to 66 wins ina tied series, who the players love. That will really get the team going.

Mike bibby it seems, was right about some people. and all it took was 2 tough games. wow.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 02:14:19 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
How about "please dear god celtics win this game"....is there anyway we could get that into chant form??

"LETS GO CELTICS" as loud as possable translates to this phrase. 8)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 02:17:05 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
yes, by all means lets chant for the firing of a coach that lead us to 66 wins ina tied series, who the players love. That will really get the team going.

Mike bibby it seems, was right about some people. and all it took was 2 tough games. wow.

No kidding.

I'd like a chant of "Baby eat Bibby".  I think it would really scare him.

To be serious, the U-bun-tu chant would be great.  I think it would show real support for the team.  Good luck getting it going to all who attend.

I also think nothing is more intimidating than the popular college chant of "uhhhhh" as loud as possible for as long as possible.  I've seen it go for an entire half before.  Do it every hawks possession.

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2008, 03:15:25 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
The standard "D-Fence" chant is really all we need..Set that chant to about 200 decibels and let me hear and feel it in California!!

don't want to hear the chant "Make Adjustments" unless absolutely necessary(like Joe J scoring 25 straight points with Ray Allen guarding him

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2008, 03:17:54 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
The standard "D-Fence" chant is really all we need..Set that chant to about 200 decibels and let me hear and feel it in California!!

don't want to hear the chant "Make Adjustments" unless absolutely necessary(like Joe J scoring 25 straight points with Ray Allen guarding him

Agreed.  "De-Fense" should be more that sufficient.  That's what we need more than anything right now.  Crowd starts chanting that and the players hopefully feed of it.

This place is going to be nuts tonight.  Can't wait.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2008, 03:21:09 PM »

Offline maxw318

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7

haha, the crowd should just act as assisant coach for doc, maybe some chants of:

"dou-ble team-him"
"get-to the-line"
"drive-to the-hoop"
"box-out on-D"
"put-in ron-do"

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2008, 03:48:44 PM »

Offline biggs1221

• Xavier Tillman
A few thoughts for those fortunate enough to be going to the game, especially if its your first playoff game:

a) As others have stated, please dont chant anything negative towards our players / coaches, even if things arent looking good.  I cant imagine that putting them down will urge them on to victory.  So stay positive!

b) Save all your negative energy / chants for Atlanta. The harassment of Mike Bibby should continue, and it should extend to other Hawks players.  It clearly got on his nerves the first 2 games.

c) be kind and help out other people who are trying to get a chant going, even if no one else around you has picked up on it yet.

d) dont be afraid to stand up and yell loud and often.  I've been to plenty of playoff games where, remarkably, the people around me would be silent.  Moreover, some of the people around me have even complained about my volume level or shouted at me to sit down (which was the only time they made any noise).  Dont let these people dictate your rowdiness, or make you feel uncomfortable about yelling ALL THE TIME!  If they dont like it, they probably shouldnt be at the game.

e) If you havent lost your voice after the game, you havent done your job.

Not that anyone will listen to my advice, but I think its always good to remind people its okay to be loud, and you should be loud.  And the more you chant, the more others around you feel comfortable chanting also.

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2008, 03:52:11 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Throw the 3's at all times.

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2008, 05:33:15 PM »

Offline trueceltic

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9
haha. I like the 3's (paul pierce gang sign) idea.

Definitely the best chant and I've never been to a Celtics game is "Let's Go CELTICS" That gives me goosebumps. "Defense" as well.

On Atlanta we definitely need to go after Bibby and especially that punk Horford. Something to the effect that he didn't win ROYear.

After just watching Manchester United fans and Chelsea fans the past two days, it gives me hope that the Garden will rock just like that.

If somehow they lose then "Fire Doc" better be chanted. If they lose tonight then this would be a huge huge loss that I don't think they could come back from. I hate when the media says something is over after one game (remember how the media said it was all over after that 20 pt comeback against the Nets?) They always go overboard. However, in this case I think it would be over.

Come on BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO CELTICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2008, 07:05:25 PM »

Offline timboup

• Xavier Tillman
i was thinking something along the lines of "1,2,3 should have drafted CP3"

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2008, 08:27:40 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
what ever the crowd is screamin i will cause we all need to be on the same wave....same vibe...

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2008, 08:31:02 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I'd love for it to be like a college game's student section, standing the whole game, jumping around going nuts when we're on defense. 
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."