Author Topic: A second, shorter ode to CelticsBlog  (Read 2757 times)

A second, shorter ode to CelticsBlog
« on: April 29, 2008, 03:04:22 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
As I mentioned to Roy after last night's game, if there is ever a time in which I feel particularly grateful to a member of this community, it's for night's like last night and days like today: As a lifetime diehard who has never resided in Boston or the surrounding area (for those who haven't heard this enough times, I'm a resident and native New Yorker who also spends significant portions of the year buried in the Midwest), I had never really gotten the full-time experience of being part of a Celtics fan community prior to coming aboard here. 

Especially with being mired in a part of the country where the NBA means nearly nothing to the masses -- and Celtics fans seem to be in short supply -- it means a lot to have the chance to consistently interact with people sharing that same die-hard craziness with this team.  Whether or not I agree with everybody I read on this board -- and not agreeing is an important part of this, too, because learning from others and picking up new perspectives means a lot to me -- just having that fellowship with other folks who are living and dying with this team is still a new experience for me, and win or lose, it's one that means a lot.  I know I've said it before, but I just wanted to offer my thanks again.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

Re: A second, shorter ode to CelticsBlog
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 03:12:27 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Without CelticsBlog I would have never have thought to go to my fridge for a nerve-calming beer in the 2nd half last night. (for real)

THANK YOU CELTICS BLOG!
Yup