Author Topic: Should C's Watch Superbowl?  (Read 2271 times)

Should C's Watch Superbowl?
« on: April 29, 2008, 09:07:23 AM »

Offline ponch

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
Forget motivational speeches and Ali Fights.  If I was Doc I would bring everyone in today and make them watch the Superbowl.  I would have them focus on the dejected faces of all the Pats players as they walk off the field in arguably the biggest choke job in Sports History (Ok, maybe that distinction belongs to the 2004 Yankees). 

The bottom line is despite going undefeated during the season that is how the Pats will be remembered.  Should the C's blow this series, that is how they will forever be remembered as well.  A team that won 66 games and then suffered one of the 3 biggest chokes in Sports History.  If I was a player, and I had my entire reputation and career riding on these next three games, there wouldn't be a second on that court where I wasn't sweating, bleeding, and preferiably a mixture of the two.

Finally I would shut the film off, turn on the lights, slap every player in the face and scream, these are not the Golden State Warriors of last year!!  That was a good team in the Western Conference.  This is a pathetic Eastern Conference team that shouldn't even be in the playoffs, so wake the sin up and crush these fools in the next two games!!

Of course, Doc will probably just put them through a light practice today and have them watch some game film.

Re: Should C's Watch Superbowl?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 09:13:08 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I'm sure all the players realize the potential ramifications of losing, though.  I think the more you emphasize how they're on the verge of a historic choke job, the tighter they're going to be.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions