Author Topic: Three Steps to Round Two  (Read 1781 times)

Three Steps to Round Two
« on: April 29, 2008, 08:48:06 AM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
Step 1: Set Back Picks for Perk
I am not saying Perk should be the focal point of our offense, but did anyone else watch Josh Smith try to guard him in the deep post? Why no have Garnett set a back pick on Hortford? Smith switches onto Perk, Perk catches in the deep post, dribbles once, and goes up - easy bucket or early foul trouble for Smith.

Step 2: Free Rondo
We are all familiar with how innefective Rondo is when he hands off and reports to the corner, so enough allready - keep the ball in his hands and make Bibby guard him. Why weren't there any iso plays? Set him loose on defense too, look what he did to Bibby in the second half when he started presuring the ball.

Step 3: Mix in Some Zone
The Hawks are younger, faster, and more athletic than the Celtics - and it shows when the carve us up in iso sets. Why not drop into a zone for a few minutes per quarter and let them try to shoot over us?
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

Re: Three Steps to Round Two
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 09:04:13 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Step 4: Stop letting Cassell kill the offense every time he checks into the game

Step 5: Set up one of those electric fences to keep KG from straying more than 15 feet from the basket on every possession