Author Topic: Celts look old and tired  (Read 3976 times)

Celts look old and tired
« on: April 28, 2008, 11:45:08 PM »

Offline patspm66

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
  • Let off some steam Bennett!!!!
The lineups that doc is running out there are ludicrous.  He goes big when ATL goes small and athletic.  When Smith, Johnson, and Childress, want to run they make the Celts look old and tired with docs rediculous matchups.  More Tony Allen, at least he can match athleticism with one of the above. 

Did anyone notice that when doc took out Pierce, Garnett, and Rondo at the beginning of the 4th quarter, the Hawks stormed back. 

I agree with Tommy, the officiating has been godawful, but its not the reason the Celts are losing.  I dont remember a team looking more scared in the 4th quarter, and thats including the choke job put on my detriot when Lebron single handedly made that team cry last playoffs.  Celts have to grow a set and fast.  Someone needs to "sweep a leg" as it was famously stated in Karate Kid.  Screw Stern and the front office.  We cant just win game 5, we need to break the Hawks spirit. 

Re: Celts look old and tired
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 12:24:39 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Any one who makes a Karate Kid reference gets a Tommy Point. Which is funny because I literally just made one about 3 minutes ago in another thread.

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 12:27:31 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Speaking of looking old and tired...

Good night all.

Keep the chin up. Tomorrow's a new day.

GO CELTS!
Yup

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 12:28:34 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Imagine what this place will be like if the C's lose this series?  Better get some new servers set up!

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 12:48:40 AM »

Offline DingDongDel

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
I'm worried that Simmons is right about the KG stuff and how he is just too intense during the regular season and by the time the post season rolls around there's just nothing left. I can see at least one reason for the offense sputtering -- Doc's new playoff rotation. But the as for our defense, our hallmark, I just don't know how can you go from a historically good defense to a team that allows the Hawks to shoot 47% for two games, other than just being tired. Thoughts?

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 12:52:31 AM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Guys I know we're all angry but the C's just didn't play well.

This series isn't over and the playoffs are far from over.

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 12:59:50 AM »

Offline tanner

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
KG and ray played the whole 2nd half.  that's why they looked old and tired down the stretch.  i don't get why they weren't given a breather late in the 3rd to early 4th, especially ray who had a tough defensive assignment.

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 01:06:09 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
But the as for our defense, our hallmark, I just don't know how can you go from a historically good defense to a team that allows the Hawks to shoot 47% for two games, other than just being tired. Thoughts?
The tired excuse is BS.  It's first round of the playoffs.  A better answer is a not quite ready for prime time team collectively chokes.  No other way to describe it.

Tonight was to me was the game that would determine how good this team really is. A legitimate contender puts away a sub .500 8 seed in Game 4.  I can see dropping a game 3 especially where 1 and 2 were so easy.  But tonight's game was the most important one of the season to date -- and ended up being their worst loss of the season. 

The players and coaching staff all collectively choked.

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 01:20:08 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I disagree, (respectfully), but I understand your point. They don't look old and tired to me ... not at all ... they look apathetic and uninspired. They're playing with energy, they jsut are not focusing it in the right direction. They've gone into the playoffs with the same energy they ended the year with, and they have yet to step it "UP"!

That technical foul bit was probably what we need more of, because following it, the third quarter was played like they should have played the whole game ... with heart, tough defense, and aggressive moves to the basket.

For whatever reason(s), they're not as fired up as they should be, and not relying on the tools that got them the best record in the NBA. I think the resiliency and spunk of this Hawks team has taken them completely by surprise, and if this wasn't enough of a wake-up call, then this season will be much shorter than anticipated.

Atlanta has nothing to lose, and are playing with reckless abandon ... that's exactly what the C's need, and whatever it takes to initiate it, better happen soon. Get angry, get crazy, get aggressive .... otherwise the Hawks will make that energy their own, and will be happy to use it in the next round.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *