Author Topic: Tommy is angry  (Read 4237 times)

Tommy is angry
« on: April 28, 2008, 11:34:01 PM »

Offline popcontest

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 34
Let me just say -- I think this team returns to form in Boston and finishes this off with a seriousness in Atlanta game 6. However....that is a deflating trip back to Boston.  No excuses to lose this game.

Watching the post-game on Comcast. Tommy is (rightly) questioning the lack of Tony Allen on the court (perhaps he could have stuck him on Joe Johnson, anyone?).  He's also saying - "attack the ****ned basket" and I couldn't agree more.

My opinion -- this championship goes through Rondo.  When he attacks and dishes or gets a shot off -- unstoppable (and brilliant to watch).  I believe that our championship rides on his shoulders and his determination to attack and dominate the opposing PG through sheer desire (his athletic ability speaks for itself).

Regardless of the loss -- I love this team so much and I loved watching this game.  I can't wait for game 5.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 11:41:48 PM by wdleehi »

Re: Tommy is angry
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 11:48:17 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
Let me just say -- I think this team returns to form in Boston and finishes this off with a seriousness in Atlanta game 6. However....that is a deflating trip back to Boston.  No excuses to lose this game.

Watching the post-game on Comcast. Tommy is (rightly) questioning the lack of Tony Allen on the court (perhaps he could have stuck him on Joe Johnson, anyone?).  He's also saying - "attack the ****ned basket" and I couldn't agree more.

My opinion -- this championship goes through Rondo.  When he attacks and dishes or gets a shot off -- unstoppable (and brilliant to watch).  I believe that our championship rides on his shoulders and his determination to attack and dominate the opposing PG through sheer desire (his athletic ability speaks for itself).

Regardless of the loss -- I love this team so much and I loved watching this game.  I can't wait for game 5.

Nice post, I gave you your 1st Tommy Point. I agree that Rondo is the key player on the Celtics. BTW I think Tony Allen should play instead of Cassell. Or Tony should play and Posey should sit. I wish BBD had been out there to throw his weight around. Got to question Doc about giving BBD a DNPCD.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 11:51:28 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Tommy is right on, and is correct in his assessment of this team, this game, and what needs to change. Wish the guy were still coaching, or at least on the plane with them, but the "Redhead In Needham" needs him most. TP for the good topic!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 12:04:51 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Most important thing Tommy said, which is the same thing many of us were saying during the game, stop shooting three's and long jumpers, attack the basket.

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 12:22:06 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Most important thing Tommy said, which is the same thing many of us were saying during the game, stop shooting three's and long jumpers, attack the basket.

Right. And if there`s no way around, make sure you have Perk in the game to box out and grab the offensive rebound.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 12:24:49 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Joe Johnson going goofy aside, this game was won (or lost) at the free throw line.  Atlanta got there a bunch more and hit the freebies.  Celts threw bricks.
Yup

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 12:25:27 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Right. And if there`s no way around, make sure you have Perk in the game to box out and grab the offensive rebound.

Good point -- by rushing up the court and launching a three, it almost guarantees the Hawks get the defensive rebound, because their young players have gotten back on D quicker than our guys have on offense, so we don't even have a chance at the offensive rebound....
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 12:40:34 AM »

Offline Raygus

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 19
agreed with the rondo point - did anyone else notice that he played almost the entire 3rd quarter and led the celts out to a 10 pt lead, then sat the first 6 of the 4th, only to watch his team lose the lead? i was going crazy. i couldnt fathom why he was on the bench for that long.

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 12:53:51 AM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
the one problem in the past 2 games is that when we go to the hole, we frequently get hacked but get no calls. not that that is a reason to stop attacking, but i'm sure that didn't help matters much. i hate blaming refs, but man, they really swallowed their whistles when we were on offense while happily calling touch fouls against us. we still played poorly, but considering how close the game was, if it was called even remotely fairly, we would have won.

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 01:09:02 AM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
We can second guess all night long but the fact is the C's aren't playing the necessary type of defense they have been all year....in fact they should be bringing it up a notch but they haven't done their normal schemes in Atlanta yet.

Maybe a trip back home will do the team some good.

I don't want the C's to lose faith in what got them here in the first place.

They need to bring the intensity back into their defense.