Author Topic: Let's vent....objectively  (Read 15520 times)

Re: Let's vent....objectively
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2008, 11:25:10 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
One more horror story.

So my girlfriend walks into my basement (the man cave of our condo) at roughly 5:50 into the first quarter (Celtics up 18-9, dominating) and says the babies are coming. Not hers, her sisters; twins even. So we rush out of the house, Im more annoyed than anything (they're not my kids  ::) ) and we start the 3-4 hour drive from Potsdam NY to Burlington VT. Sometime around plattsburgh (about 2 hours later) my buddy John calls me. He lives in Boston but he's from North Country NY just like me and hates all Boston sports teams. The following conversation takes place:

John: Hey man, you watchin the game?
Me: Nah, Elaine's sister is having the twins, we had to get up and go in a hurry. Don't say anything though, Im DVR'ing the game and I wanna watch it when I get home.
*Pause*
Me: They're winning tho, right? They gotta be killing them after that game 3. Tell me they're winning.
John: Heh...heh...
Me: They're losing? (profanity) you they're losing. They gotta be blowing them out.
John: Yeah man...they're really killing them.
Me: Whew....alright. Well Im driving man, so I will cya next weekend when you come up, right?
John: Yeah man....drive safe....WAIT! One more thing.
Me: What?
John: Hawks win series tied 2-2. Up yours.

Then he hung up.

This stems from me ridiculing Eli Manning all football season for being an overrated privileged silver spoon havin choke artist...so John has been mocking the Celtics. This ruined my night though. I didn't go see "little miracles"...I saw the maggots of the human race. I was sour from when he called me around 10:15 or so until I got back to Potsdam at 5 this morning.

When we were driving along and my girl was talking about the new incoming nephews I'd just burst out all Tourette's like and say "(Profanity)! I can't believe they lost again! (profanity x10)."

Im a little more focused today. Still optimistic. My father said "I guess Garnett might be suspended for game 5 in Boston". My response: Good. This team is so good they could have swept Atlanta WITHOUT Garnett if they would've played like it was November.

Ok...I feel a little bit better. Still furious.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2008, 11:29:55 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Ouch IP!  Did you throw in the "Nails On The Chalkboard" sound effects CD while you were at it?

Yup

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2008, 11:30:41 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
One more horror story.

So my girlfriend walks into my basement (the man cave of our condo) at roughly 5:50 into the first quarter (Celtics up 18-9, dominating) and says the babies are coming. Not hers, her sisters; twins even. So we rush out of the house, Im more annoyed than anything (they're not my kids  ::) ) and we start the 3-4 hour drive from Potsdam NY to Burlington VT. Sometime around plattsburgh (about 2 hours later) my buddy John calls me. He lives in Boston but he's from North Country NY just like me and hates all Boston sports teams. The following conversation takes place:

John: Hey man, you watchin the game?
Me: Nah, Elaine's sister is having the twins, we had to get up and go in a hurry. Don't say anything though, Im DVR'ing the game and I wanna watch it when I get home.
*Pause*
Me: They're winning tho, right? They gotta be killing them after that game 3. Tell me they're winning.
John: Heh...heh...
Me: They're losing? (profanity) you they're losing. They gotta be blowing them out.
John: Yeah man...they're really killing them.
Me: Whew....alright. Well Im driving man, so I will cya next weekend when you come up, right?
John: Yeah man....drive safe....WAIT! One more thing.
Me: What?
John: Hawks win series tied 2-2. Up yours.

Then he hung up.

This stems from me ridiculing Eli Manning all football season for being an overrated privileged silver spoon havin choke artist...so John has been mocking the Celtics. This ruined my night though. I didn't go see "little miracles"...I saw the maggots of the human race. I was sour from when he called me around 10:15 or so until I got back to Potsdam at 5 this morning.

When we were driving along and my girl was talking about the new incoming nephews I'd just burst out all Tourette's like and say "(Profanity)! I can't believe they lost again! (profanity x10)."

Im a little more focused today. Still optimistic. My father said "I guess Garnett might be suspended for game 5 in Boston". My response: Good. This team is so good they could have swept Atlanta WITHOUT Garnett if they would've played like it was November.

Ok...I feel a little bit better. Still furious.

Here's where you went wrong my friend.

You let a woman into the man cave.

Bad karma. ;)

Oh, congrats on being Uncle IP. Can the nephews call you Uncle IP or are you one of those guys that would insist upon Uncle Indeed? ;) ;D

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2008, 11:34:20 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Actually my real name is Tom...so now my name is "Uncle Tom"

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2008, 11:40:55 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Actually my real name is Tom...so now my name is "Uncle Tom"
Umm....in that case maybe you should insist on them calling you Uncle IP, politcal correctness and all. LOL.