Author Topic: Let's vent....objectively  (Read 15518 times)

Re: Let's vent....objectively
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 11:58:52 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
You guys have to stop blaming the refs.  The team has been completely outplayed and outcoached in the last two games.

You're absolutely right in the second half of your post, but the officiating was horrendous also ... blatantly biased. The C's still could have and should have won .... the other team just wanted it more, and earned this win. Many reasons for this loss, but the refs were horrible, too ... absolutely! Four of our starting five on the bench with two fouls by the second quarter?!? (And on ticky-tack fouls not called on the other end) That's just ripping the heart out of a team, and was absolutely rediculous!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2008, 12:00:38 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Will anyone else be happy to hear Tommy's voice with Mike's on Wednesday?

Absolutely! TP for that one! I was longing to hear Tommy ripping these shameful refs a new one ... and he would have tonight, man!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 12:00:55 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
You guys have to stop blaming the refs.  The team has been completely outplayed and outcoached in the last two games.

You're absolutely right in the second half of your post, but the officiating was horrendous also ... blatantly biased. The C's still could have and should have won .... the other team just wanted it more, and earned this win. Many reasons for this loss, but the refs were horrible, too ... absolutely! Four of our starting five on the bench with two fouls by the second quarter?!? (And on ticky-tack fouls not called on the other end) That's just ripping the heart out of a team, and was absolutely rediculous!

Yeah it was pretty bad... and called by a ref who has a history of making bad calls against the C's.... Eddie F. Rush.

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 12:02:30 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Yeah it was pretty bad... and called by a ref who has a history of making bad calls against the C's.... Eddie F. Rush.

Bad officiating should mean that the Celtics win a closer game, not lose a 10 point 4th quarter lead.

The Celtics overcame the bad early calls. 

They need to start and end every quarter with a good defensive team on the floor. 

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2008, 12:02:33 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Anyone else hear the TNT ripping the C's and Kenny actually praising Za Za for head-butting KG?!? Wow .... just lost points with me, K .... what an idiot!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2008, 12:03:08 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I still haven't said a word and my dog is afraid of me. I think he senses I might be just a tad bit homicidal right now!!!
My dog's afraid of shadows.

Not really relevant, but it makes me feel better talking about it.

My dog is scared of the wind, but still gives me no respect when I yell at her.  Don't really know how that works. 
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2008, 12:03:28 AM »

Offline tallpaul

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
This should be titled "Let's hand-wring, whine and all jump off the bandwagon at once"!

Boston will most likely win game 5 handily, and then have a good chance of closing it out in ATL; if not, they don't lose game 7 in Boston.

But I don't expect them to win the title this year, anyway - how you can expect a title this year (even with a 66 win regular seaon) is beyond me. The playoffs are another game. Atlanta may just be siezing this opportunity to come into their own before our eyes. The Cs may be getting a bit tight in the collar at this point. But it still has to play out.

The Cs don't yet have the battle-tested experience to win it all - a seies like this is part of earning that experience. Even individually, Pierce, KG and Allen have never done much in the playoffs. If the Cs can't put the dagger squarely in the heart of the upstart Hawks -- which I think they will do in the next 2 games -- what could they do with San Antonio?

Doc Rivers is not a great coach -- I don't really think he's even a good coach -- but these 2 games are not on him, or the officials. Time for the Cs to step up into playoff basketball.

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2008, 12:04:47 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
This should be titled "Let's hand-wring, whine and all jump off the bandwagon at once"!

Boston will most likely win game 5 handily, and then have a good chance of closing it out in ATL; if not, they don't lose game 7 in Boston.

But I don't expect them to win the title this year, anyway - how you can expect a title this year (even with a 66 win regular seaon) is beyond me. The playoffs are another game. Atlanta may just be siezing this opportunity to come into their own before our eyes. The Cs may be getting a bit tight in the collar at this point. But it still has to play out.

The Cs don't yet have the battle-tested experience to win it all - a seies like this is part of earning that experience. Even individually, Pierce, KG and Allen have never done much in the playoffs. If the Cs can't put the dagger squarely in the heart of the upstart Hawks -- which I think they will do in the next 2 games -- what could they do with San Antonio?

Doc Rivers is not a great coach -- I don't really think he's even a good coach -- but these 2 games are not on him, or the officials. Time for the Cs to step up into playoff basketball.

Think about that, the number 1 defense needed 6/7 games to beat a sub 500 team. 

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2008, 12:06:45 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Will anyone else be happy to hear Tommy's voice with Mike's on Wednesday?

Absolutely! TP for that one! I was longing to hear Tommy ripping these shameful refs a new one ... and he would have tonight, man!

Oh good god, Donny needed a slappin' tonight.  "Well, both have done pretty much what's expected of them so far by winning on their homecourt."  Heh???  A 66 win team vs. a team with a losing record?  I'd say there was a bit higher expectation than dropping two in Atlanta for the C's.  Sheesh.
Yup

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2008, 12:07:08 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Anyone else hear the TNT ripping the C's and Kenny actually praising Za Za for head-butting KG?!? Wow .... just lost points with me, K .... what an idiot!

Rumor has it he's heading for a job in the Knicks front office.  He'll fit in well there.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2008, 12:08:54 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Think about that, the number 1 defense needed 6/7 games to beat a sub 500 team. 

In the end I won't give a rat's fanny if the Celts win the championship and they had to go 7 this series to do it.

Doesn't make losing two to a sub .500 team any easier to swallow.
Yup

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2008, 12:09:02 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I don't know how, but I got over it already. Think about every playoff championship winner or team that makes the finals, how often do you remember or care what happened in the first round? Pretty much never, because it's a warm up series, the bad teams are still in it, and it almost never has any bearing on a real good team's destiny. I was thinking doom and gloom like everyone else, but just remember when the C's are in game 7 against the Pistons, or the Spurs, we will look back at this series and laugh.

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2008, 12:09:37 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I still haven't said a word and my dog is afraid of me. I think he senses I might be just a tad bit homicidal right now!!!
My dog's afraid of shadows.

Not really relevant, but it makes me feel better talking about it.

My dog is scared of the wind, but still gives me no respect when I yell at her.  Don't really know how that works. 

My dog is dead... :'(
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2008, 12:10:35 AM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
We got the series back home, thank goodness. 

A lot of bad calls but the team could of executed better.  Suddenly we are in a series with a team that stood no chance.  If the last games wasn't a wake up call I don't know what this is.

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2008, 12:12:20 AM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
C's haven't played well as a whole and with the exception of Posey our bench hasn't shown up since arriving in Atlanta.

The Big 3 haven't played particularly well either to make up for the bench loss.