Author Topic: Let's vent....objectively  (Read 15549 times)

Let's vent....objectively
« on: April 28, 2008, 11:31:28 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I am so mad right now that I haven't spoken to anyone since the end of the game. I had to take a shower to cool off. kwjjc qkjq q. Heck I'm so mad I can barely type.

Who do you blame for this debacle?

The players that couldn't guard Joe Johnson and Josh Smith if their life depended on it.

The players that missed the free throws.

The officials who were so one sided in the first half they literally put two Celtics stars on the bench all by themselves for 8-10 minutes.

Joe Johnson for playing the best 4th quarter of his life.

Josh Smith for seemingly blocking every important shot that the Celtics absolutely had to have.

Doc for his allowing Ray Allen to actually continue to stay in the game and try to guard Joe Johnson. Hell my 13 year old said it was time to go big with a Perk/KG/Pierce/Posey/Rondo lineup and put Posey or Pierce on Johnson. And he's a soccer player who knows very little about the game.

Doc for continuing to play Perk and Rondo limited minutes even though they aren't in foul trouble.

Or everyone above and more.

I am just not sure one area can be blamed more than another.

I think I was one of two people who voted for a close game in the "What's going to happen tonight-Poll" thread. I was expecting a war. I was not expecting to be on the losing end of that war.

Hats off Hawks, tonight you simply beat the team with the best record in the league.

If these two games don't turn the Garden into a complete madhouse for the rest ofthe playoffs, nothing will.

Re: Let's vent....objectively
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 11:36:13 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I am so mad right now that I haven't spoken to anyone since the end of the game. I had to take a shower to cool off. kwjjc qkjq q. Heck I'm so mad I can barely type.

Who do you blame for this debacle?

The players that couldn't guard Joe Johnson and Josh Smith if their life depended on it.

The players that missed the free throws.

The officials who were so one sided in the first half they literally put two Celtics stars on the bench all by themselves for 8-10 minutes.

Joe Johnson for playing the best 4th quarter of his life.

Josh Smith for seemingly blocking every important shot that the Celtics absolutely had to have.

Doc for his allowing Ray Allen to actually continue to stay in the game and try to guard Joe Johnson. Hell my 13 year old said it was time to go big with a Perk/KG/Pierce/Posey/Rondo lineup and put Posey or Pierce on Johnson. And he's a soccer player who knows very little about the game.

Doc for continuing to play Perk and Rondo limited minutes even though they aren't in foul trouble.

Or everyone above and more.

I am just not sure one area can be blamed more than another.

I think I was one of two people who voted for a close game in the "What's going to happen tonight-Poll" thread. I was expecting a war. I was not expecting to be on the losing end of that war.

Hats off Hawks, tonight you simply beat the team with the best record in the league.

If these two games don't turn the Garden into a complete madhouse for the rest ofthe playoffs, nothing will.

Same here, Nick ... I almost can't think clearly .... so with that in mind, I'd just like to say: "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggg!!"

(I'll be back in a few minutes ... when my hands stop shaking, and my mind is no longer clouded with disgust)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 11:36:52 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
TP for the shower cool down, I just got out.  I use showers to gather my thoughts everyday but I'm still a little shook by this one.  Can't put the words together yet.  I'm glad this thread is up here though, objectivity will be key the next 48 hours. 
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 11:38:34 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
TP for the shower cool down, I just got out.  I use showers to gather my thoughts everyday but I'm still a little shook by this one.  Can't put the words together yet.  I'm glad this thread is up here though, objectivity will be key the next 48 hours. 

Great idea, Ma ... I'll be back in a bit .... TP for both you guys, just cuz I need to do something positive. Shower time.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 11:43:26 PM »

Offline timboup

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7

Great idea, Ma ... I'll be back in a bit .... TP for both you guys, just cuz I need to do something positive. Shower time.
I tried the shower thing didnt work, i have resorted to punching walls.  :'(

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 11:45:28 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
i am not objective or calm when they lose during the regular season. i sure as hell am not going to be objective now.

i do appreciate the thought. maybe tomorrow. maybe if i hear doc has resigned. otherwise,  now is for me to be insane.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 11:46:13 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
I blame pretty much everything you listed, so all of the above I guess.  The free throws absolutely killed me.

Also, I'm sick and tired of hearing Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, and every other Atlanta player and fan saying "We can play with these guys now."

No you can't.  You won 37 games this season, worst record of any playoff team this year.  You got swept by the Celtics in the season series, including getting beat by virtually our bench alone in that final game.

This is happening because for whatever reason, the Celtics are just not in it right now.

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 11:46:44 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Objectively, I think there is at least a 40 percent chance thta Atlanta wins this series.  If that happens, Doc will thankfully be gone (maybe they can get a coach who actually runs practices once and awhile)after being the losing head coach in the most embarrassing playoff series loss in NBA history.

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 11:48:02 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Off the top list I'd go with missed free throws and Joe Johnson turning from excellent to great.
Yup

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 11:48:20 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
josh smith had 7 blocks....i do not think one of them was clean.

amazing what that team has gotten away with the last two games.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 11:49:40 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
You guys have to stop blaming the refs.  The team has been completely outplayed and outcoached in the last two games.

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 11:51:03 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
I didn't shower, but I threw Gold Bond all over my body. Now, I'm absolutely tingly all over but I digress. Objectively, I have to say that the Hawks just wanted those rebounds more in crunch time. If KG is going to take a 20 footer, Perkins MUST be in the game to at least box out. Often times, the C's were just not crashing the boards late in the game. Too many jumpers from KG tonight and no one rebounding. Second, those little bunnies in and around the hoop must fall. Third, foul shooting was crucial. Every player must shoot 100 free throws tomorrow at practice. Fourth, they need to get something going to the hoop. We played scared of Josh Smith. He cannot intimidate our slashers. Paul really needs to reconsider jacking threes, yeah he hit more often than not, but we as a team, relied on jumpers way too much. On a positive note, transition D was better, but our rotations were pretty slow, especially with Powe guarding Johnson. Last, I am not sure why Doc trotted out that lineup to start the fourth. Why would you put Eddie into the game with that much at stake? Sub him early, get him going in the first half where he doesn't play scared or as nervous. Overall, the Celtics have a lot of adjustments for Wednesday. Here's hoping they make them.

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 11:53:18 PM »

Offline WBrownTrophy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Thanks Red
Will anyone else be happy to hear Tommy's voice with Mike's on Wednesday?
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."
                                   -Red Auerbach

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 11:54:42 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I still haven't said a word and my dog is afraid of me. I think he senses I might be just a tad bit homicidal right now!!!

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 11:56:43 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I still haven't said a word and my dog is afraid of me. I think he senses I might be just a tad bit homicidal right now!!!
My dog's afraid of shadows.

Not really relevant, but it makes me feel better talking about it.
Yup