Author Topic: Are the Celtics becoming the Pistons before our eyes?  (Read 2237 times)

Are the Celtics becoming the Pistons before our eyes?
« on: April 28, 2008, 11:16:57 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
This shouldn't even be happening right now.  The Hawks won 36 freakin games this season.  Lets be real, they are a young, mediocre team with alot of heart...they are not a legit, good team.

Aren't the playoffs supposed to be "the new season"?  Don't you kick it up a notch?  Aren't you supposed to become more focused? 

Everyone talks about the Pistons and give the Pistons crap for their ways...for taking quarters or games off, for being cocky...well the C's it seems to me need to look in the mirror.  Just an ugly performance.

The Celtics have been the best defensive team and tonight they let 1 man, not a team, 1 man defeat them.

Re: Are the Celtics becoming the Pistons before our eyes?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 11:18:06 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Ditto

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 11:30:43 PM »

Offline biggs1221

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
I completely disagree with your analysis.  It doesnt seem like the players are asleep at the wheel or arent trying. 

What we are watching with the C's is essentially the same thing that happened with the Pats.  The C's are more talented than Atlanta.  But Atlanta is an athletically superior team, and they are literally beating us up.  I also think that it is easier for younger players to get on / stay on a roll.

We all have to also remember that it is MUCH easier to be in Atlanta's position.  Its incredibly easy for them to get the adrenaline flowing and try to be the giant killers.  All our guys have is the pressure not to fail - which makes things tough.

I'd also add that like with the Pats, it seems like the Celtics are trying too hard to play "Celtic basketball," instead of just playing.  Again, this is the difference between a team with no pressure (atlanta), with the luxury of easy motivation, versus one with all the pressure in the world.

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 11:33:54 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
no, the pistons can turn it on when they need to. see: third quarter of game 4.

so far we haven't shown that ablity.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion