Author Topic: Do players ever read this blog?  (Read 8302 times)

Re: Do players ever read this blog?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 05:34:12 PM »

Offline greengirl

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
yes, they do. :)

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 05:56:52 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
Will the real Brian Scalabrine please stand up!

I think it would make me crazy reading through this if I was a player. 
Redz,sorry im not Scal,but will the Truth do it...yes its me,the Truth,and wish all would give me a break on the gang related stuff.Im the Truth,and nothing less! ;D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 06:04:40 PM by jay_jay54 »

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 06:01:26 PM »

Online Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
Didn't Wyc offer some kind of discounted tickets back in the day?  I thought that was pretty tight.  Then again, I could be way off on this.

yeah, he actually gave us free tickets to give away for opening night a few years ago

it makes sense, we are their target audience, why not make nice with us?  This year, they didn't offer and I didn't pursue it.  I don't think they were hard up for generating interest this year ;)
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 06:36:59 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
i think danny read my post on where is scalabrine cause he was at the last game...

thank u danny for bringin scal back...!

now danny.....let scal atleast wear his warm ups so that when we are up 30pts you jus might call him to play the last 30seconds in the 4th qt...

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2008, 06:53:37 PM »

Offline sns0274

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14
Will the real Brian Scalabrine please stand up!

I think it would make me crazy reading through this if I was a player. 

Exactly, Redz ... TP. If I were a player, who thrived on positive energy and support from my fans, this is the last place I'd go. No sane man could handle the bashing and "selective surgery" we perform on their character and performance. Good NBA players work daily on bolstering their confidence and self-respect, and that would require staying as far away from blogs as possible. (They might end up throwing hand gestures, or something!)

Good stuff Bahku, selective surgery gets a TP from me  ;)
Guns don't kill people, stupid people with guns kill people

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2008, 07:34:33 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Yes. I know because this is... Kevin Garnett. I think of Celticsblog as my second team. I was so glad to find a good site that I could devote so many of my thoughts to? I remember finding out about you, every day my mind is all around you. (On a long road trip) Looking out from my lonely room, day after day, (Waiting for pages to load) Bring it home, baby, make it soon, I give my love to you. I also give my tommy points to you, for well structured, composed, poignant thoughts.

It has become increasingly different to post during games, but we have a lap top on the bench and when I am on the court Scot Pollard uses my account. I know Antoine used to be on here a lot, he was always posting insane trade theories, trying to get himself back, to Boston. Paul was on here for a minute to, he was always suggesting trades that shipped out Al and Gerald for a ridiculous superstar, but since the season started he has been inactive. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Sorry I just had an intensity attack. Doc is also on here, strangely he is very anti Doc, and really thinks the Celtics need a better coach, he was all for Rick Carlisle.

I find posting on here to be very relaxing and a great stress reliever, except for when I try to upload a post and there is a problem loading the page, and I lose my post, that's when I usually pick up my monitor, scream into it, punch it a few times and then beat my chest. This is my 6th monitor this month. Well, thanks for listening I have to get ready for the game, I am going to do my usual pre game ritual, run 15 miles, eat 125 pixie sticks, drink 21 Red Bulls, and stare at a picture of Al Horford.

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2008, 07:53:00 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
MikeDfromNP = Rondo.  ;D
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2008, 08:00:54 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
MikeDfromNP = Rondo.  ;D

TP, Casperian.  No doubt about that one  :D

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 08:25:14 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
if you're reading this, danny, please don't waste wyc's money by re-signing tony allen...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2008, 09:45:02 PM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
This is Kevin Garnett. If you want to send Celtics memorabilia or clothing, I'll gladly sign it for you. Just send me a pm. Also if you want some playoff tickets signed, feel free to send those to me too. Loge seats are preferred.

;)

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2008, 10:51:31 PM »

Offline Greg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 30
You mean... do players ever read this FORUM?

This site is no longer a blog, it's a forum, more of a community than anything.  It's not an insult, it shows the power of the CelticsBlog community (although I would like to see the blogging element return to a more prominent state).

To answer the question, I'm sure players have stumbled upon the blog.  It's one of the most popular blogging communities on the web, and players are people who surf the web too.