Author Topic: How come the Cs did'nt give one hard foul to Josh Smith in game 3???  (Read 8719 times)

Re: How come the Cs did'nt give one hard foul to Josh Smith in game 3???
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 03:59:04 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Posey is prolly the most noted of our team for giveing hard fouls. Lol just ask Chicago Bulls fans. They still boo him every time he touches the ball in Chi town lol

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 04:15:54 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
Well Redz, good point... but the Refs also don't know the difference between 2 steps and 5 so we can't trust 'em!

I think that type of a response to anything has it's time and place. This is not that time or place. The Celtics can beat this team with fluid offense and solid defense, things that were sorely lacking Saturday night, without having to hurt someone or cause an incident.

If there comes a time where that type of play will be warranted I am sure it will be against an opponent a hell of a lot better than the Atlanta Hawks.

That's the best reason I think for not fouling, that the Cs can easily win the series without it.  But I do think it sends a message to the NEXT opponent that the Cs won't tolerate any nonsense.

It's a toss up.  Let's reactivate Scal and let him do it.

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 04:21:56 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Why take up the roster spot?  Let Scals pull a Bo Schembechler and do it from the sidelines in street clothes.  ;)  What's the worst that happens?  Scal gets suspended?
Yup

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 04:23:23 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I don't want him fouled hard, but i would like to see some physical defense on him tonight. Can't give him 2 steps and the ball, got to get a body in his face early tonight.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2008, 07:39:29 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235

Why take up the roster spot?  Let Scals pull a Bo Schembechler and do it from the sidelines in street clothes.  ;)  What's the worst that happens?  Scal gets suspended?

Well, if we're going that far... fly me to ATL and I'll do it! 

Course I don't think I'd do all that much damage to Josh Smith but it will still send a message.  Message being:  KG is so crazy he makes people crazy by osmosis.  So don't get lippy!

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2008, 11:30:04 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Smith had at least 6 break aways 3 or 4 which could have been contested but we let him go? Either wrap him up so he can't dunk or Hammer him at least 1 time...

Instead we let him get off then he starts hitting 3s like they are going out of style..

Washington has pounded Lebron, not to mention Pierce got his ass kicked..why do the Celts have to be the good guys...

I expect to see Smith get wrapped up in game 4 , hopefully fouled hard 1 time..Maybe Posey can under cut him going for a Dunk make him think about it at least a little

I COULDN'T agree more!!! Unfortunately everyone has become a sissy here in Boston.

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2008, 11:31:56 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Smith had at least 6 break aways 3 or 4 which could have been contested but we let him go? Either wrap him up so he can't dunk or Hammer him at least 1 time...

Instead we let him get off then he starts hitting 3s like they are going out of style..

Washington has pounded Lebron, not to mention Pierce got his ass kicked..why do the Celts have to be the good guys...

I expect to see Smith get wrapped up in game 4 , hopefully fouled hard 1 time..Maybe Posey can under cut him going for a Dunk make him think about it at least a little

the celtics are not a dirty team.  additionally, losing a guy to a suspension isnt worth it.  further, you dont want your team having the reputation of being a dirty team because then the ref may be more inclined to have a quick trigger finger.  im all set with that bs.

if the celtics play the way they should be, then josh smith can keep doing what he is doing because it wont matter.  a hard foul isnt the way to play better.  injuring someone is not a good tactic.  it usually leads to retaliation and i am all set with having pierce or kg undercut on a play.

Give me a break.  Other teams play dirty. Atlanta has cheap-shot the Celtics
in this series so many times. How come if the Celtics return the favor, it would be a crime?

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2008, 11:34:21 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
why not let scal play....could we really do any worse...ya never know he might step up and take perks spot...he plays better d than half our team...

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2008, 12:06:34 PM »

Offline Tommy Gun

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
This is why we should have hammered Smith when we had the chance...Especially with one of our bench players. Now ZAZA gets away with a head butt and everyone is up in arms whether or not we are going to see suspensions for KG.

The officials allowed the Hawks to set the physical tone and the Celtics get called for more fouls and being penalized as the the 2nd guy ( reaction ) to a cheap shot
See, this is why I'm not allowed to announce NBA games -- I'd be talking in the Cookie Monster voice right now:

Ahhhhhhhhhh ... my knee hurts ... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ... me don't like when my knee hurts ...

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2008, 01:01:11 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

The C's just aren't a tough team. I think the fact that they've never seemed too concerned about Rondo getting the crap knocked out of him is more worrisome than the fact that the Hawks are going to the hoop with impunity.

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2008, 01:13:41 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
They need to give a few hard fouls when Josh,Joe,Al come crashing through with dunks.If you going to get a foul,make it one to remember.The next time he will think twice about coming in the lane.We are not Man-ing Up on the boards.Perkins is suppose to be the enforcer on the boards.Send a few messages,besides whinning to the refs all night.

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2008, 01:55:31 PM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
I've been mentioning this all season since the big 3 have been established. We have been getting hammered with no retaliation. This Hawk team feels they have a free license to just run over us. Games 3 & 4 we haven't shown any dominance. Ya get no respect without dominance. We let a sleepy dog wake up.