Author Topic: Playoff Games 4/27/08  (Read 8414 times)

Re: Playoff Games 4/27/08
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 09:37:59 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2403
Detroit don't have momentum, they don't have control, they don't have this series won .... yet.

Phily are very much in this and very capable of winning game five

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 09:43:44 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Any predictions for New Orleans-Dallas?

I agree with Chuck and Kenny, I don't fancy New Orleans unless they get a third scorer to step up. Chuck thinks Peja is the swing factor, Kenny Bonzi, could be Chandler also.

It'll be very interesting to see if Jason Terry can repeat his excellent defensive performance from game three.

Dirk needs some more offensive help from his teammates. Especially from Josh Howard who has been abysmal this series. He needs an extra scorer or some more ball/player movement. Something.

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 09:44:58 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
This one's over, folks ... bring on Mavs/Hornets!

Somebody told me recently that I'm always tense this time of year, during the playoffs, and at first I was going to disagree ... but you know what? They're absolutely right! I make no more excuses ... I am tense, on edge, and maybe a little irritable ... but that's half the fun of it, man!

I love all of this game and what it stands for, every facet, and especially the tension. It's like a B-flat Major 9th + 11 ... the tension is what makes it smooth, and until it happens to you, you just can't relate. The only problem for me is that it always ends ... too soon, and I have to go back to being the agreeable, easy-going fool of the off-season.

The Red Sox help the dog-days of summer, and the Pats get me through to November, but I'm green-blooded first and foremost, and anything less than roundball is a compromise. So let's make this post-season last as long as possible ... I can't stand that other guy ... and I'm the one who has to look at him in the mirror!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 09:50:29 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Can the Hornets please get a uniform change at the end of this season? Why/when was yellow included into their jersey?

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2008, 10:35:21 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Great start for Dallas, looks like it could be a repeat of Game Three so far. Actually by the time I finished this New Orleans' bench got the team back in the game. We got a battle on our hands.

There was a fun stat by TNT detailing the scoring of the top three scorers of either side - New Orleans (Paul, Peja, West) scored 72, 81 and 43 points in games 1, 2 and 3 respectively. Meanwhile Dallas (Dirk, Terry, Josh) scored 56, 53 and 72 points in those same games.

Dallas' offense has been terrible in the first three games. Shooting only 40% now. Not a lot to like.

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2008, 10:35:48 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Can the Hornets please get a uniform change at the end of this season? Why/when was yellow included into their jersey?

Yeah ... not crazy about the uniforms, either. I also have a problem with the Wizards' gold lame' jerseys ... a bit too "Hollywood" for my taste, and so seemingly out of place. But hey, I guess if you play like Arenas, you can wear just about any color you want!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2008, 10:42:18 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Mavs 6 of 22 for the second quarter ... ouch! That sure as heck isn't gonna get it done! Hornets have run their offense much more efficiently, and Dallas needs to step up the defense.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2008, 10:46:35 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Felt like a game of swings in the first half... I have a sneaking suspicion that this game is going to be a blowout in the second half (not sure which team will do the pulling away).

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2008, 11:11:33 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Dampier is getting smoked by David West to start the third quarter. Please Avery, get Brandon Bass on the floor now.

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2008, 11:32:43 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Man, if not for the free-throws, the Mavs would be toast. Really lousy offense for a playoff game, and no sense of urgency. (Remind you of anyone?)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2008, 11:45:03 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Man, if not for the free-throws, the Mavs would be toast. Really lousy offense for a playoff game, and no sense of urgency. (Remind you of anyone?)
Their offense really has been awful. It's a shame that Avery is going to be blamed for it.

There player movement has been terrible. Their ball movement has been poor. Their only hope right now is to go back to Avery's iso heavy offense but they can't really do that because Josh Howard hasn't shown up at all this series, which leaves all the heavy lifting for Dirk which is simply too much.

Josh Howard has been awful. His own fans are booing him now. Four straight games of shooting numers like 4-15 from the floor. He hasn't figured out how to play with Jason Kidd either and that's his fault. The only times he looks competent offensively is when they give him an iso and right now he's so bad he can't even pull that off. Mavericks are going to have a really tough decision on this guy this summer. Do you wait and hopes he gets it? You can't win with Kidd at the point without running an offense that allows him to take advantage of his passing. Or do you trade him?

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2008, 11:51:19 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Frustration foul there .... but even that was a little out of character for Jason. I've seen him lose his cool plenty of times, but that seemed to be really nasty, (and I don't think it was the camera angle).

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2008, 12:06:35 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Frustration foul there .... but even that was a little out of character for Jason. I've seen him lose his cool plenty of times, but that seemed to be really nasty, (and I don't think it was the camera angle).
He had that hard foul to start the fourth as well before that one. He definitely lost his cool and let his frustration boil over. Going to be a long summer for Jason.

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2008, 12:12:52 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Wow ... surprising ... I truly thought the Mavs would play much better than this tonight. 3 of 16 for Josh Howard? That's just horrible ... and Kidd losing it is not a good tone to set for the next game. Looks like the Hornets will be moving on.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2008, 09:45:38 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Wow ... surprising ... I truly thought the Mavs would play much better than this tonight. 3 of 16 for Josh Howard? That's just horrible ... and Kidd losing it is not a good tone to set for the next game. Looks like the Hornets will be moving on.

Yeah Bahku.  I shared the same sentiment before the game; thinking the Mavs would play well and probably even up the series.  Instead, the Mavs lay an egg, Kidd loses it, and they fall into a 3-1 with the series shifting back to New Orleans.  I don't see the Mavs coming back from this one and NO will probably close it out in Game 5.  Mavs just haven't played with any consistency or showed much intensity this whole series. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team