Author Topic: Pierce Post-Game  (Read 3083 times)

Pierce Post-Game
« on: April 27, 2008, 11:24:31 AM »

Offline CeltsGM21

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 25
It's weird to me that neither the herald or the globe had a story of Pierce's comments about the Horford taunt after the game.  I know there is a thread on here about his maturity, and I know that they have been posting interviews on the Celtics' website, but I still haven't been able to find what exactly he said about the taunting.  Does anyone have video or a quote about what Pierce said after the game? 

To me, this is the most interesting plot so far in this series.  Although this game frustrated me to no end, and Horford's classless antics only added fuel to the fire, I'm interested to see how Pierce reacts to it, especially in the next game.  I don't want Pierce to fight anyone, and I really don't think he was going to go after Horford.  You could tell he was about to turn around even before Scal came to get him.  And I certainly don't blame him for walking toward the bench, making it known he wasn't going to stand for that kind of behavior.  I just can't wait to see how he uses his game to put Horford back in his place.  But for now, I'm interested in what Pierce had to say about it after the game, since I haven't heard or read anything yet.  Thanks.

Re: Pierce Post-Game
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 12:42:34 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
maybe its not an issue, except for some on the blog.  i honestly think things like that get blown out of proportion on blogs and sports radio. it gives people something to talk about.

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 12:59:15 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
It's weird to me that neither the herald or the globe had a story of Pierce's comments about the Horford taunt after the game.  I know there is a thread on here about his maturity, and I know that they have been posting interviews on the Celtics' website, but I still haven't been able to find what exactly he said about the taunting.  Does anyone have video or a quote about what Pierce said after the game? 

To me, this is the most interesting plot so far in this series.  Although this game frustrated me to no end, and Horford's classless antics only added fuel to the fire, I'm interested to see how Pierce reacts to it, especially in the next game.  I don't want Pierce to fight anyone, and I really don't think he was going to go after Horford.  You could tell he was about to turn around even before Scal came to get him.  And I certainly don't blame him for walking toward the bench, making it known he wasn't going to stand for that kind of behavior.  I just can't wait to see how he uses his game to put Horford back in his place.  But for now, I'm interested in what Pierce had to say about it after the game, since I haven't heard or read anything yet.  Thanks.

In the Post game Dickerson asked the Question... ( I will paraphrase)

GD - "Paul What happened with Horford and why did you walk toward the Atlanta bench?"

PP - "I don't get into anything like that. I was walking down the opposite side of the court because i didn't realize a time out had been called."

Paul later went on to refer to certain Atlanta players (including Horford) as "star players"

Translating Paul - Horford?  Didn't you ask for a picture and an autograph before the game? I'll show you what's up on the court in our next game.

The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 01:03:54 PM »

Offline CeltsGM21

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 25
Nice, thanks for the paraphrased transcript.

I'm sure it is somewhat of a non issue, but there is no way the reactions of the young hawk players won't fire up the veterans in the next game.  So i'm glad it isn't a huge issue, but i'm also excited to see the Celtics with some fire in the next game, which, unfortunately, they didn't show a lot of in the last game.