Author Topic: Horford A Class-LESS Act  (Read 13365 times)

Re: Horford A Class-LESS Act
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2008, 07:40:58 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
As I said in other threads I think the whole incident is being made into a mountain by all of us molehill dwellers.

That said, looking at it from the Atlanta perspective, I think I would be very encouraged by what happened if I was a Hawk's fan. Horford is a two-time NCAA champion and is used to winning the last game he plays every year. If he needs to have a game like yesterday's and jaw back at Pierce to motivate his teammates and establish himself as the leader of a very talented core of young players, so be it. This team could use some of the heart, moxie, attitude and leadership that Horford brings to the court. It was the right move. With a quality PG, a better coach, and the maturation of a leader like Horford, very good things could be in store for this franchise.

This team has had plenty of heart. C's are still ahead 2-1. C's do not need to take an example from a rookie who is taunting which was very classless. Trash talking is fine--taunting is not.

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2008, 07:47:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
As I said in other threads I think the whole incident is being made into a mountain by all of us molehill dwellers.

That said, looking at it from the Atlanta perspective, I think I would be very encouraged by what happened if I was a Hawk's fan. Horford is a two-time NCAA champion and is used to winning the last game he plays every year. If he needs to have a game like yesterday's and jaw back at Pierce to motivate his teammates and establish himself as the leader of a very talented core of young players, so be it. This team could use some of the heart, moxie, attitude and leadership that Horford brings to the court. It was the right move. With a quality PG, a better coach, and the maturation of a leader like Horford, very good things could be in store for this franchise.

This team has had plenty of heart. C's are still ahead 2-1. C's do not need to take an example from a rookie who is taunting which was very classless. Trash talking is fine--taunting is not.
Sorry Nora for not being more clear, by "this team" I meant Atlanta because they who were who I was talking about.

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2008, 07:51:30 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108

Sorry Nora for not being more clear, by "this team" I meant Atlanta because they who were who I was talking about.

Oh ok. I misunderstood.  ;)

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2008, 01:00:55 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I think anyone taunting to this extent is over the line. Trash-talking is one thing, but this went way beyond that, and you can bet that if it had been one of the C's, there would have been a technical assessed. That was really my point here, trying to highlight the fact that the refs were grossly negligent in this game, and heavily biased in the Hawks' direction ... regardless of what the intent of Horford's actions were, they were a classless move.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2008, 02:55:08 AM »

Offline tanner

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
horford the rook just got carried away from all the back-and-forth trash talk and (i guess) watching the 'rumble in the jungle' clips.  it looked worse than it needed to be koz pierce was down.   

am more concerned that pierce the vet almost made an equally dumb move going straight to the hawks bench and flashing hand signals.  no doubt horford should have been assessed a tech, which would have defused the situation immediately.  but if celts are going to talk trash, they better be able to receive some without going ballistic.

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2008, 03:10:06 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
horford the rook just got carried away from all the back-and-forth trash talk and (i guess) watching the 'rumble in the jungle' clips.  it looked worse than it needed to be koz pierce was down.   

am more concerned that pierce the vet almost made an equally dumb move going straight to the hawks bench and flashing hand signals.  no doubt horford should have been assessed a tech, which would have defused the situation immediately.  but if celts are going to talk trash, they better be able to receive some without going ballistic.

Pierce knew someone would come and hold him back.  If he really wanted to do something he would've been a little bit quicker about it.

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2008, 02:00:01 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
Horford should be punished mercilessly.

By Paul Pierce.

The league has no business here.  I don't even think a T should be called.  I just think it's really weak that Horford got so excited over a fortunate win that managed to put his team DOWN 2-1.  He does realize this isn't the NCAA right?  This is a series.  And taunting the truth is a good way to get 40 dropped on you.

And it's not up to the league to fix it, it was up to ATL.  But they weren't interested in reigning in their yappy pups.  So those pups are gonna get bit by big dogs.  That's about it.