Author Topic: What if Cleveland and us win the series on Wednesday? When do they play?  (Read 3870 times)

Offline trueceltic

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9
The reason I'm asking is because I'm trying to book a flight for Game 1 and 2. I scheduled the flight to be on May 3rd and return May 7th. I'm assuming Boston takes care of ATL on Wednesday. Cleveland is the wildcard. If they win tomorrow then they should win at home on Wednesday. My question is will these two teams play on Saturday or Sunday if that happened. On the other hand if Cleveland/Wash goes 6 or 7 (game 6 is on Friday and 7 on Sunday) then I'm screwed. I'd get a credit but the price would just up and up the closer the date gets to book a flight.If it went 6, do you guys think they play Monday or Sunday? Too many [dang] scenarios.

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
unfortunately, no idea!  it all depends on the other series and when they want to air the games on national television.  there is no way they dont want the best days/times to air a playoff series with the best team in the nba vs lebron.

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Sorry for being a killjoy, but this falls into the realm of the "counting your chickens" category for me, and I just can't go there. There was a blogger or two tonight who kept reassuring us that we "had it won", that the "series was over" ... sorry, but that kind of thing just never turns out well. It really bodes for just too many question marks, and invites fate to stick a foot in the door. If it happens, we can worry about it then, but Atlanta is far from "out" of this thing, and we need to look at it like the C's do: one game at a time.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 03:31:34 AM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Sorry for being a killjoy, but this falls into the realm of the "counting your chickens" category for me, and I just can't go there. There was a blogger or two tonight who kept reassuring us that we "had it won", that the "series was over" ... sorry, but that kind of thing just never turns out well. It really bodes for just too many question marks, and invites fate to stick a foot in the door. If it happens, we can worry about it then, but Atlanta is far from "out" of this thing, and we need to look at it like the C's do: one game at a time.

Completely agree with Bahku here, this is the least of our worries at this point.  Also, I think the Cavs/Wiz series is going to go at least 6 if not 7 games.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
Unless we deliberately tell Sam Cassell the wrong time the plane takes off we ain't getting out of the first round.

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Unless we deliberately tell Sam Cassell the wrong time the plane takes off we ain't getting out of the first round.

Wow.  Way to blame the loss entirely on one player.  The Celtics were outscored by 4 points when Sam was in there, but were outscored by 9 on the game.  It's hard for me to see where Sam was the difference maker in this one.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Wow.  Way to blame the loss entirely on one player.  The Celtics were outscored by 4 points when Sam was in there, but were outscored by 9 on the game.  It's hard for me to see where Sam was the difference maker in this one.
When Sam is missing the kinds of shots he likes to take AND the Celtics lose, he's going to look like any easy target for blame (for those who need one).  This was a team loss.

UBUNTU works both ways. 

Yup