Author Topic: Sam I Am a Ballhog!  (Read 5233 times)

Sam I Am a Ballhog!
« on: April 27, 2008, 01:01:03 AM »

Offline trueceltic

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9
Does the guy ever pass? I'm sick of commentators saying he comes into score points. That's not what he's supposed to do. He's supposed to be a leader and know where to get the ball to and that's to KG and Pierce. I've been really disappointed with his play. If we're going to have a shooter then we might as well put Eddie House in. Cassell would do well against a Detroit type team because you need that experience but right now he's really frustrating myself and a bunch others. KG was killing everyone and then you go away from him in the 4th couter and throw up stupid 3s like Ray Allen and Cassell did. Man!

Please no masked profanity!!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 11:10:48 AM by Edgar »

Re: Sam I Am a Ballhog!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 01:10:02 AM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
we went to ray cause ray is known for hittin 3's when needed...2nite he didnt...it happens..

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 11:05:35 AM »

Offline MaineBleedsGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
I agree, the shot selection did seem off, especially in the 4th. A few of Ray's shots seemed reactionary (big play by hawks, taunting). I guess if they went in tho ...

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 11:13:52 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I put this quote in another thread somehwere earlier, but it works here as well.  Doc pretty well summed it up:

"I told the guys after the game that I thought each guy wanted to win the game by themselves, which you can't do," coach Doc Rivers said. "I like the fact that they wanted to win the game. The only way you're going to do that is as a team.

"Even in the end you saw Rajon [Rondo] try to back Mike Bibby down [and got a foul]. That's not what we do, but that's what they all did. Rajon tried to win the game for us. Ray wanted to win the game for us. Paul [Pierce] wanted to win the game for us. But we have to win it as a group and that's how it always has to be."
Yup

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 11:17:32 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

Does the guy ever pass? I'm sick of commentators saying he comes into score points. That's not what he's supposed to do. He's supposed to be a leader and know where to get the ball to and that's to KG and Pierce. I've been really disappointed with his play. If we're going to have a shooter then we might as well put Eddie House in. Cassell would do well against a Detroit type team because you need that experience but right now he's really frustrating myself and a bunch others. KG was killing everyone and then you go away from him in the 4th couter and throw up stupid 3s like Ray Allen and Cassell did. Man!

??
Excellent example of how a game turs the blog upside down  ::)
or
How someone tries to break the butterfly effect around  :D
Man This is the best thing ever happend to Boston during playof
I will NEVER root for othyer team but if I can ask for the better time to lose It will be this time
Wait for PP KG RA and the boys become hungrier
focused
dangerous
Man if the had hit those ones, we just win, man
theyre 3 point shooter people * emphasis in RA
is like u put House in and wait for him not to shoot

People this is the best thing that could happend this playoffs
wait for mean celtics
wait for hunger.....finally
Man the 4th game in the series will be the BEST game in the series
if u LOVE the Cs of course

People that waits for a failure to post something negative, I am getting really tired of it , and its kind of Boooooooring
Sam is a good player , like the other 12 on the Roster
* yes I give a pass to pollard and Scal

Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 12:22:14 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
Doc opened that door,by telling Sam I AM,"be yourself,do what you do best",even told it to the media.Doc.stated when asked how does he plan to fit Sam into the  rotations,quote:"Sam is Sam,im not worried about Sam".Sam's one of those veteran... just seems to amaze me,each time i watch him",these are all Doc's words.So,why wouldn't he get the idea,he has the greenlight,to shoot,whenever he feels like it.I dont get it,why wasn't Sam held to the same standards,all the other players committed to(bought into),when they sign on this season,to the team concepts of team first.I never once heard,those words preached to Sam or Sam saying, it was going to be his newly found way of doing things.Doc opened up this can of worms.Take it as Doc bashing,if you like,its just how i heard it,and saw it.

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 12:36:43 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Sam won't pass the ball to the younger guys. He annoys me. He plays like an older man who only passes to the guys he has been playing with for 30 years. I hope someone gives him an earful.

The problem with a guy like him is that if you have something to say, you'll never hear the end of it.

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 01:34:03 AM »

Offline TheShowPowe

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
Sam won't pass the ball to the younger guys. He annoys me. He plays like an older man who only passes to the guys he has been playing with for 30 years. I hope someone gives him an earful.

The problem with a guy like him is that if you have something to say, you'll never hear the end of it.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed this. I haven't seen Sam pass the ball To Powe once since they got him and I'm bitter about it. Even when Leon or one of the young guys is wide open he takes the shot.

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 01:35:23 AM »

Offline casCELTIC

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
  • Cassell, I am - Huevos, I use.

What Sam does is shoot.  That is what he does and what he was brought here to do.  I seem to remember him passing to Rondo and Powe (the two competent "young guys") quite a bit.

But we all need a scapegoat for whenever we lose a game  ::)

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 01:36:27 AM »

Offline casCELTIC

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
  • Cassell, I am - Huevos, I use.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed this. I haven't seen Sam pass the ball To Powe once since they got him and I'm bitter about it. Even when Leon or one of the young guys is wide open he takes the shot.

Check the prescription on your glasses.  He had been passing to Powe quite a bit.

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 08:47:05 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Doc opened that door,by telling Sam I AM,"be yourself,do what you do best",even told it to the media.Doc.stated when asked how does he plan to fit Sam into the  rotations,quote:"Sam is Sam,im not worried about Sam".Sam's one of those veteran... just seems to amaze me,each time i watch him",these are all Doc's words.So,why wouldn't he get the idea,he has the greenlight,to shoot,whenever he feels like it.I dont get it,why wasn't Sam held to the same standards,all the other players committed to(bought into),when they sign on this season,to the team concepts of team first.I never once heard,those words preached to Sam or Sam saying, it was going to be his newly found way of doing things.Doc opened up this can of worms.Take it as Doc bashing,if you like,its just how i heard it,and saw it.

I totally agree.  I remember those words by Doc. Doc definitely has different standards for the young guys than he does the vets.  In today's Herald, he says that Baby is playing over Powe because Baby is playing better.  If he is going on performance, than how come Sam is playing over House?  Sam is even playing over Rondo for goodness sakes.  When Rondo plays less than 30 minutes in a playoff game, those extra minutes are going to Sam for reasons I can't understand.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 11:45:44 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266

I totally agree.  I remember those words by Doc. Doc definitely has different standards for the young guys than he does the vets.  In today's Herald, he says that Baby is playing over Powe because Baby is playing better.  If he is going on performance, than how come Sam is playing over House?  Sam is even playing over Rondo for goodness sakes.  When Rondo plays less than 30 minutes in a playoff game, those extra minutes are going to Sam for reasons I can't understand.
Im glad someone else heard those statements,Doc made to the media...how is BBD playing better than Powe,when he hasn't given Powe enough minutes,to show whether he is playing poorly .Powe missed a def.assignment in ga.3,once,but thats all i could see he might have done wrong,but thats not enough to bench a guy who has helped you get to the playoffs.I think Powe, deserves consistent minutes,because he consistently helped the team to win,most of the regular season.And playing Rondo less minutes shouldn't automatically give Sam the minutes,whereas House has helped get us to this point also.I know in the playoffs,rotations only carry so many players in the scheme of things,but Doc,has no consistent rotations to speak of,to this point...so if Doc  going to wing it,and put guys in at random,what it appears,House is just as good a gamble as anyone else on the bench.At least,he can be instant off.when no one else is producing .House is not the worst def.player on the team either.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 12:27:30 PM by jay_jay54 »