Author Topic: too much time at the blackjack table tonight doc  (Read 2277 times)

too much time at the blackjack table tonight doc
« on: April 26, 2008, 11:35:42 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I've always maintained that sam is like a run at blackjack. play him when he's hot, sit him QUICKLY when hes cold. To me, tonight Doc did a poor job of reading his player.

Now, this is not a "sam lost us this game" thread, the whole team contributed to that with their lack luster energy. But, to me, when your behind, that is not a good time to extend sam's minutes. Rondo Sat for far, far to long tonight. And, once you know your going to need 3's like we did tonight, it's time to run eddie out there. To me, doc mismanaged the points minutes tonight pretty badly.

This game is a little scary to me, because i felt that while the team came out flat, doc made some bad, bad reads at the PG minutes tonight. I hope its the exception, not the rule.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Re: too much time at the blackjack table tonight doc
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 12:32:43 AM »

Offline orrzor

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 58
I felt the team was very very un-disciplined on the offensive end. Too many times in the 3rd and the 4th quarter, they would take contested jump shots early in the shot clock. Both Cassell and Allen. And KG looked timid, why wasn't he more assertive? There was one possession where he passed up an open look 3 times. No one on the Hawks can cover him, I was worried about that lack of aggression. Hopefully its just one stinker of a game.

Finally what the heck was up with Pierce's and Rondo's minutes in the 4th quarter? I hope Doc knows what hes doing.