Author Topic: free cable technology question  (Read 10450 times)

Re: free cable technology question
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 12:04:15 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I'm sorry, I've got the vcr and t.v. hooked together via rf modulator.  But the cable bringing me this free cable t.v. is hooked directly into the v.c.r.

so, some channels are fine and some, including the sports channels are very fuzzy, just over the line into unwatchable.....

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 01:07:40 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
When you bypass the vcr and go straight to the tv with that cable wire, is the reception on those channels fuzzy?
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 01:17:24 PM »

Offline casCELTIC

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
  • Cassell, I am - Huevos, I use.
You can get a 21" cable ready TV for less than 100 dollars.  Just buy one.

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 07:09:09 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
When you bypass the vcr and go straight to the tv with that cable wire, is the reception on those channels fuzzy?

t.v.'s too old for that, which is why I got the rf modulator, because without it I couldn't even hook up a dvd player.

The cable into the rf modulator didn't work, so I stuck into the vcr and that worked, if I skip the vcr completely I have no way to access the extra channels due to the limitations of the dial, so I need the vcr....

thanks for the suggestion though....I'll tinker a bit more and then give up....

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2008, 07:14:41 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker

I may look into a cheap t.v., but too strapped at this exact moment......plus, I can't afford and don't want cable longterm, I really just wanted to take advantage of the free cable coming in for celtics games.  I don't mind listening to the Sox on radio....

Thus, seventy five bucks on a new t.v. isn't worth it for someone who has no longterm cable plans....thanks though.....would have doubted there'd be t.v.'s that low....mabye I'll check for a slightly more modern, dirt cheap used one....

the variance in reception looks to remain a mystery....

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2008, 12:42:10 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

I may look into a cheap t.v., but too strapped at this exact moment......plus, I can't afford and don't want cable longterm, I really just wanted to take advantage of the free cable coming in for celtics games.  I don't mind listening to the Sox on radio....

Thus, seventy five bucks on a new t.v. isn't worth it for someone who has no longterm cable plans....thanks though.....would have doubted there'd be t.v.'s that low....mabye I'll check for a slightly more modern, dirt cheap used one....

the variance in reception looks to remain a mystery....

Might try this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MATRIX-P-181-CABLE-CONVERTER-BOX-WITH-REMOTE-CONTROL_W0QQitemZ150241965068QQihZ005QQcategoryZ39804QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird