Author Topic: Are you rooting for the Cavs or Wizards?  (Read 9378 times)

Are you rooting for the Cavs or Wizards?
« on: April 24, 2008, 01:54:46 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Personally, I thought the Wizards would have no problem in this series, winning in 6... but they've looked absolutely horrible.  So, are you rooting for the Cavs or the Wizards?

Personally, I hope the Wiz can make a series out of it, but want the Cavs to win.  I just don't fear LeBron as much as I fear the Wizards on paper and with confidence against the Celtics.  I also think the Celtics could gameplan to at least limit LeBron while containing the rest of the team... I would expect them to copy, cut, and paste the defensive scheme they used against TMac and the Rockets while ending their 22 game win streak.  Obviously LeBron is a much tougher guard than TMac, but it's the same principles and I think it gives us a better chance at the conference finals that trying to stop the many weapons on the Wizards.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

Re: Are you rooting for the Cavs or Wizards?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 02:01:50 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Tough call, before the series started I thought the Wizards were a much better team, not that I think Washington is that great, I just don't think Cleveland is that good. On one hand, since I think the Wizards are better I would rather play the Cavs, on the other hand, the referees in a playoff series against the Cavs scare me, Stern will do anything to advance Lebron in the playoffs. Despite how well the Wizards played against the C's in the regular season, I still think the C's win in 6 against either team.

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 02:02:14 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Personally, I thought the Wizards would have no problem in this series, winning in 6... but they've looked absolutely horrible.  So, are you rooting for the Cavs or the Wizards?

Personally, I hope the Wiz can make a series out of it, but want the Cavs to win.  I just don't fear LeBron as much as I fear the Wizards on paper and with confidence against the Celtics.  I also think the Celtics could gameplan to at least limit LeBron while containing the rest of the team... I would expect them to copy, cut, and paste the defensive scheme they used against TMac and the Rockets while ending their 22 game win streak.  Obviously LeBron is a much tougher guard than TMac, but it's the same principles and I think it gives us a better chance at the conference finals that trying to stop the many weapons on the Wizards.

I agree, I've been more worried about the Wizards, they match up well against us.  As much as LeBron can singlehandedly dominate a series, we haven't had much problem with the post-trade Cavs, they aren't very quick and don't move the ball well enough to get good shots against our D.  And that's not to mention that they struggle to score even when they are open.  Offensively we have too many weapons, and if we crash the boards well we should be able to win in 5.

I'm hoping the Wiz make a series though, and the Cavs win in 6 (7 gives us too long to get rusty) with LeBron getting knocked down about 20 or 30 more times in between.

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 02:02:37 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
When all's said and done and we look back on this playoff run after wrapping up Title #17, I think it would make a more memorable story to have gone through Lebron to win it all, than vanquishing the Wiz. SO, I say "GO CAVS".
Yup

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 02:05:45 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I like the idea of a Lebron v. Celtics playoff series.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 02:12:32 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
I cannot stand El BJ.  I hate his hype machine and his coddling by the league.

That said, I hope Cleveland wins.  Washington matches up well with us, and Lebron's #1 ally is his star power (leading to referee bias).  Well, KG, PP, and RA might just overmatch him there.

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 02:29:43 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I don't care, but i hope it goes 7 grueling games.

washington needs to make this a series.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 02:41:15 PM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
Personally I hope Cleveland sweeps.

Im ready to get this show on the road. Honestly the Celtics haven't even started the playoffs yet. They are just biding their time against a formality.

Lebron annoys me the same way Michael Jordan always did. And I'm ready for our Boston Celtics to smear his self righteous butt into the ground.

King James my ass!

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 02:42:07 PM »

Offline RondoIsAPimp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 23
Well, I like Washington's team better. They are very fun to watch when they bring their "A" Game. But it would feel much more sweeter if we killed LeBron in a series. After watching the first two games of this series, i cannot stand LeBron and all the calls he gets. He is such a baby when the calls don't go his way (which barely ever happens). I just want to play the Cavs just to shut up LeBron. Although i can't really stand Deshawn Stevenson and his big mouth either, but there is not much satifastion in beating him.

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 04:26:11 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I'm rooting for the Cavs.  The Wizards are a very dangerous team, physically.  And, if they start clicking during this playoffs they have the tools to be a very dangerous basketball team.  They have the star power to get it going.

I really believe we can handle LeBron without much trouble, and if LeBron's strong will takes over to make things happen against the Celtics I think he'll end up hurting his team, even if he scores 40 a night; I'm sure his efficiency is going to be out of wack against the Celtics.

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 05:31:24 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I'd much rather meet the Cavs in the playoffs ... for whatever reason, the Wiz have had "our number" a bit this season ... and it's much easier to beat a team of one, than it is a team of five, (or eight, if the refs show their usual favoritism for the underdogs). And by the way, I'm getting a bit tired of the "King" James garbage .... heck of a ball-player, but he's not king of anything in my book, (except possibly over-playing injuries, or biting his nails).
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 05:42:51 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
The Wiz have owned us this year...."3/4" as Gilbert says.

Then again the Wiz stink. I was at the home opener this season and don't see why we shouldn't be able to put that same sha-lack-ing on them in the playoffs.

The Cavs beat us this season too, although only once I believe.

Lebron can take over a game but only if the ball is in his hands. I'd be happy to force the ball out of his hands, make the rest of the Lebrons beat us(not happening).

Bottom line, neither of them scare me.

I say bring on the King!
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 11:06:39 AM »

Offline sk7326

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 24
Wizards --

1) I live in DC -- so a teeny tiny .001% transplant feeling

2) 1-3 head to head aside, the Cavs are more dangerous with Bron.

3) The Celtics have been so good all year that I am not concerned about whomever they play.

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 11:27:00 AM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 56
1. James is an excellent player. Not as good as the hype, but excellent nonetheless. He's a lot of fun to watch.

2. I don't have any worries about beating any team that's built around one star and his sidekicks. We have a whole team, and while some of them are stars in their own right, they seem to all agree that the championship is more important than any individual or team stats or other awards.

3. I just don't want to see those hideous Wizards uniforms at the Garden.

Bring on Cleveland!

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 11:27:31 AM »

Offline Petro

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 6
Cavs beat us twice in cleveland I believe Wizards beat us three times but watching the NBA over the years you learn to throw that regular season stuff out the window.It's about matchups I feel over all the wizards give us more matchup problems with Jamison's shooting he pulls our defense out more so than we prefer(that means Garnett leaves the painted area to defend him)and Haywood is better than Perkins(as is Illgauskas) so our help defense wont be as good against the wizards who also have Caron Butler and Arenas(not %100). With all this said after seeing what Lebron did to the pistons last year I would probably rather play the wizards I think lebron is good enough to win at least two games on his own in a series with the Celts. Now they also have a ton of shooters on that team  (gIBSON,jONES,pAVLOVIC,wALLY) if any of those guys can get hot to help Lebron and Illgauskas who scares me with his mid range game they can make it a real good series and give us problems but the Celts would prevail against either one as long as we are healthy