Author Topic: The crowd tonight...  (Read 9338 times)

Re: The crowd tonight...
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 10:24:06 AM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
The crowd's unison reminded me of when we played the Pacers in the playoffs and the crowd would count the seconds it took for Jermaine O'Neal to shoot free throws. Good stuff.

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 10:36:47 AM »

Offline nimbus41

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 0
The crowd's unison reminded me of when we played the Pacers in the playoffs and the crowd would count the seconds it took for Jermaine O'Neal to shoot free throws. Good stuff.

I remember those games, the count of 13 before the ball left his hands.  I can barely talk today but it was worth it.  I can't remember ever going to a game and seeing a player heckled so bad.  It was awesome, and he brought it upon himself.  I'm proud of our "band waggon" fans being so loud and getting in Bibby's head proper style.

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 10:44:24 AM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
Good crowd tonight.  As someone mentioned before, it was great to see the crowd perform on its own for the most part without having to have the jumbotron incite things.  Some great chants and good energy. The Bibby stuff was awesome.

Just hoping that nothing happens to the unofficial Mayor of 311 (great fan) who was asked to leave last night by security (we think) and no one around us could figure out why.   ???

What do you mean?  Who is the unofficial mayor of 311?
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2008, 10:48:40 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
the crowd tonight was absolutely fantastic and faultless. i'd say it was our 6th man, but it was only atlanta. our crowd could be one of our most important players given that we have home court advantage in these playoffs.

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2008, 10:51:39 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Good crowd tonight.  As someone mentioned before, it was great to see the crowd perform on its own for the most part without having to have the jumbotron incite things.  Some great chants and good energy. The Bibby stuff was awesome.

Just hoping that nothing happens to the unofficial Mayor of 311 (great fan) who was asked to leave last night by security (we think) and no one around us could figure out why.   ???

What do you mean?  Who is the unofficial mayor of 311?

There's this guy in Row 1.  Season ticket holder.  Good guy.  Calls himself the mayor.  Huge Gino fan with homemade signs and stuff and just tries to get people around him fired up.  For some reason, last night towards the start of the 4th quarter a couple of security guys came over and asked him to talk out in the concourse.  Next thing you know, he never came back.  We think he got tossed but we don't know why.  He wasn't doing anything I haven't seen before.  Wondering if some newbie to the section complained about his vocalness or something.  

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2008, 11:31:52 AM »

Offline RedsCeltics34

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 45
  • Lets Go Celtics!
I was at the game and being apart of the chanting was a great thing tonight was a great game to have had tix for! Bibby was uncomfortable all night and he completely regrets what he said.

+ Joe Johnson is a no show so far.

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2008, 11:39:30 AM »

Offline Bleedgreen

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 5
anything TIM can do KG does it better lol ;D

While I agree that KG's 3 was sweet, it was in garbage time. Can't even compare to Timmy's game tying 3 to send it into overtime.
As far as playing, I didn't care who guarded me - red, yellow, black. I just didn't want a white guy guarding me, because it's disrespect to my game.
-Larry Bird