Author Topic: C's secret weapon off the bench against Bibby  (Read 4549 times)

C's secret weapon off the bench against Bibby
« on: April 23, 2008, 04:19:45 PM »

Offline kevbo

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
Mike Bibby's comments just got me thinking about what we can expect from both the Celtics and from Bibby himself in tonight's game. I can picture exactly how tonight's going to go:

Quick Recap:
"Celtics coach Doc Rivers displayed the acumen that makes him a Coach of the Year candidate again tonight. Recognizing Mike Bibby coming back onto the floor for the Hawks after early foul trouble for his inability to stay ahead of Rondo, and wanting to spell Rondo to keep him fresh for the second half, Rivers dipped into his bench to start the second quarter. Literally. Doc subbed in a chair, which took the court with the second unit, and for the remainder of the quarter, staked the Celtics to an insurmountable lead.

Chair's stat line vs Bibby: 22 pts, 3 rebounds, 3 steals, and 2 blocked shots in a total of 20 minutes on the court.

Said Bibby after the game, "If we want to stay in this series, We just have to play better as a team. You know that Chair is a weapon off the bench for them. Every time Chair is in the game I know he's going to bring his best effort, so my teammates really have to help contribute to slowing him down. People have to rotate over onto Chair to help. I can't defend Chair alone; it has to be a team effort."

After the game, Chair was typically mum on his break out playoff performance:

Q: "You had a good game against him, but what about your opponent; what kind of trouble did Mike Bibby give you tonight?"

Chair: "..."

Re: C's secret weapon off the bench against Bibby
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 04:32:22 PM »

Offline Reyquila

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
  • Let them hate, as long as they fear
No comprende (sigh)
And someday in the midst of time,
When they ask you if you knew me
Remember that you were a friend of mine

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 04:35:20 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Bibby can be very streaky. If he gets hot it could be a closer game. I still think the c Celtics will win but Atlanta can play better. So can we.

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 04:36:10 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Haha.  Did you write that on your own, or get it from somewhere?  Funny stuff.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 04:44:25 PM »

Offline kevbo

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
Haha.  Did you write that on your own, or get it from somewhere?  Funny stuff.

Thanks. Yes, this is all me killing time at work. Thought we could all use a laugh at Bibby's expense today.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 07:14:57 PM »

Offline bleedingreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Hinrich sucks, Deng sucks, Bulls suck, I'm out.
Bibby had this to say about the fans, after being outplayed by chair.: "You know a year ago when the Celtics didn't have Chair, the building was only half full." Bibby later cooled off enough to actually give some credit to the talented piece of furniture: "Chair has come a long way; from being thrown out into the court by the hands of Bob Knight in college to being dominated by Yi Jillian in that scouting video. But you know, he has taken his punches and road all the way to the top. Not just any point guard can hold me in single digits in both points and assists, I'd say only 89% of the nba.

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 07:46:42 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
Geeze, you guys are Sooo BAD... I have great hopes Bibby reads this, and proves he isn't as bad as Rondo and our "C's" have made him out to have been. Seriously, Rondo needs better competition to further hone his game, rather than playing down to the level of competition  nearly being able to be guarded by a chair... :P

I predict a much closer game tonight, "C's" by 13 maybe even and the chair sits this one out  :-*
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 09:09:09 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
I am almost positive somebody used this EXACT same post last year, except they were talking about Chair's performance for the Sixers against Ryan Gomes. Maybe Bibby wasn't so wrong after all... (I kid because I care)
Go Celtics.