Author Topic: For those of you going to the game, if you get this done, you will be my hero's.  (Read 7130 times)

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
http://redsarmy.wordpress.com/2008/04/23/rondos-better-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap/

if we can get this chant going, that would be incredible.

I won't be at the game, but i'll be listing every time he brings the ball up the court, get it done  ;D

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Aha. That would be awesome. Too bad I won't be at the game tonight.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
The thing of it is, that would make Bibby happy.  There's nothing worse than being an opponent of a Boston sports team and the fans ignoring you.  That means you suck.  No one booed when Bibby got the ball in game 1, because he was missing everything.  He wasn't a factor.  Of course when he starts to hear the boos, he'll know that he's no longer invisible and people are paying attention to him.  Not sure why he would want people to pay attention to the way he's playing, but that's the ego of some NBA players for ya.

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
The thing of it is, that would make Bibby happy.  There's nothing worse than being an opponent of a Boston sports team and the fans ignoring you.  That means you suck.  No one booed when Bibby got the ball in game 1, because he was missing everything.  He wasn't a factor.  Of course when he starts to hear the boos, he'll know that he's no longer invisible and people are paying attention to him.  Not sure why he would want people to pay attention to the way he's playing, but that's the ego of some NBA players for ya.

Excellent but kinda creepy point man. Taking it a step further, did Bibby incite the fans to feed his attention "woman of the night" nature? To get the boos so he can really "be somebody"? What a skank.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
I'll be at the game.  It would be awesome to get this chant going.  Ill do my best to spread the word in my balcony section.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I agree that when we boo people like A-Rod it is part because we hate him and also part because he is so good.  I don't think that we would be showing Bibby respect by booing him.  He did nothing with the game and everything with his mouth.  Rondo outclassed the only proven playoff player the Hawks have.  I think we should be all over him just so we can have a villain in this series that we can get on, if not then it's just gonna be a yawner.  I'm not scared of Bibby, I respect his game but not to the point where I would boo him because he's getting in the way of us making the next round.  It would be simply from him making these comments.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Let's Go Celtics
Ahh there it is loud and clear, great stuff.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
awesome job tonight guys, heard it loud and clear  ;D ;D ;D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Well done crowd.

I agree that when we boo people like A-Rod it is part because we hate him and also part because he is so good.  I don't think that we would be showing Bibby respect by booing him.  He did nothing with the game and everything with his mouth.  Rondo outclassed the only proven playoff player the Hawks have.  I think we should be all over him just so we can have a villain in this series that we can get on, if not then it's just gonna be a yawner.  I'm not scared of Bibby, I respect his game but not to the point where I would boo him because he's getting in the way of us making the next round.  It would be simply from him making these comments.

I agree on your point about having a villain, it's the only thing that's going to make this series somewhat memorable.

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
Myself and a couple other guys around me were trying to get the Rondos Better chant going for a good portion of the first half.  Then, in the 3rd quarter it caught on.  Before we knew it the whole section (304) had it going - then the whole building.  Awesome!
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Let's Go Celtics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnng-pBMChs

That didn't take long to get on youtube.  Hopefully someone filmed it on a camera in the arena, those always are louder and more fun to listen to.  For now this will definitely do though, I could watch it all night.

Offline MaineBleedsGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
oh man, I was wondering if we were gunna get it. First it was the boos. Then it was the "bibby sucks". Finally "rondo's better!". yes.

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 56
My section (316) caught on with 4:44 remaining in the 4th. The whole house rocked the chant when Bibby went to the line. Before that we were taunting him with "Bib-by, Bib-by" (to the tune of "Dar-rel, Dar-rel"). At one point with about 3:30 left, they showed a picture on the big DiamondVision* screen, of a fan with a "Rondo's Better" sign. And throughout the game, "booo" was audible whenever he touched the ball. It clearly affected his play.

Trash talk against other players is commonplace, and the players have various ways of responding. In this case, the trash talk was directed at the fans. I discussed this with the people who have been going to games with me even when coaches such as Pitino, Carroll, and Carr, were pushing the team off a cliff. No, we're not fairweather fans. The Celtics ticket sales staff knows that I've been a fan since before any of the current players were born. As a season ticket holder, I've outlasted many an incompetent coach and bad wanna-be star player. They've asked to quote me on that, in sales brochures and sales pitches. I went to many games last season, and never once put a bag on my head. Bibby trash-talked the fans, and we responded in the obvious ways. It was so rewarding to see how we rattled him. He was not happy in the 4th, and clanged several free throws.

Bring on Cleveland. Atlanta is not worthy. (LeBron James is a lot of fun to watch, and Washington's uniforms are hideous, so I'd prefer to see Cleveland rather than Washington).

* The old, obsolete, Sony Jumbotron is gone. Replaced by a newer, brighter, bigger, HD, four-sided Mitsubishi DiamondVision, always called "CelticVision" by the announcer at Celtics games.