Author Topic: The Steve Nash Question  (Read 14312 times)

Re: The Steve Nash Question
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2008, 05:01:35 PM »

Offline galen

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 15
Guys, as far as the MVP is concerned, it is a Regular Season award.  So don't bring up his not winning the finals having something to do with with winning the MVP.  (It could be argued that he is overrated cause he can't win the finals, but that is different than deserving the MVP in the year he won it).

As for his defensive weakness, I agree with Big Ticket that it is definitely overblown.  Suns team D is terrible.  Really bad at rotations.  And of the other point guards in the league, a few are definitely better than Nash, but I wouldn't say anyone is really a lockdown guy.  To say he isn't good because he is only strong on the offensive end is just not accurate when comparing his defense (taking his team's support into account) to other players.

Re: The Steve Nash Question
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2008, 07:27:22 PM »

Offline expobear

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 27
Nash is the most unassuming, humble NBA star around. He would be the first to say that he didn't deserve either MVP award. But did you guys know that Kevin Garnett was one of the first to call Nash and congratulate him when he won his first MVP?  They became good friends after Garnett's call and Garnett was even thinking about playing for the Suns instead of the Celtics this past year - because of Nash. Garnett doesn't seem to be the type to call somebody and offer false praise. He's going to tell it like it is and if he felt Nash was deserving of the MVP, then let's all give Nash the benefit of the doubt.  After I read about Garnett doing this several years ago, I've become a Kevin Garnett fan.  :)