Author Topic: I cant wait to meet the lakers in the finals cuz..  (Read 8237 times)

Re: I cant wait to meet the lakers in the finals cuz..
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2008, 11:46:15 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I'm totally with Hollinger won this one: there are some good teams in the NBA right now, but right now the Celtics are in a league of their own.  They are truly dominant on a historic level.  Arguably, had they stayed healthy, they would have competed for 72 wins.  They had over a 10 pt. differential, led the league in points allowed and defensive fg. pct., won over 45 games by double digits, and not only beaten most of the Western Conference giants, but have crushed most of them too.  While I'm not predicting sweeps, I also wouldn't be shocked if they take care of business without seeing a game 7. 

Now granted, I thought that the Pats road to the Super Bowl would be easy too.  However, as dominant as the Pats were last year, they lacked that killer defense and attention to detail they had in years past.  The thing that makes me confident about these Celtics is that they have a strong offense, but they also have a defense and team mentality reminiscent of the old Pats teams that won their three Super Bowls.  As long as they keep that up, banner #17 should be hoisted in June. 

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2008, 11:49:59 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
.. I cant wait for Pierce to go at Kobe and prove to the world that he's better!!

There're 1000 reasons to look forward to a Celtics/Laker NBA final, whats yours?  ;D

I wouldn't care if Kobe showed that he's better than Pierce, as long as the Celtics showed they're better than the Lakers.

There's no "I" in "Team". I value your perspective

but M+E=ME..the same as I

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2008, 04:39:39 AM »

Offline Mogreen17

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 53
the world will finally realize the POWE is straight up NASTY!!