Author Topic: I cant wait to meet the lakers in the finals cuz..  (Read 8178 times)

Re: I cant wait to meet the lakers in the finals cuz..
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 03:45:39 PM »

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
.... as a die-hard Celtcs fan living in LA with Laker fan in-laws, I will be able to hold it over their heads and gloat insufferably at every family birthday party and holiday!!!!

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 08:43:30 PM »

Offline Mogreen17

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 53
.. I cant wait for Pierce to go at Kobe and prove to the world that he's better!!

There're 1000 reasons to look forward to a Celtics/Laker NBA final, whats yours?  ;D

I wouldn't care if Kobe showed that he's better than Pierce, as long as the Celtics showed they're better than the Lakers.

There's no "I" in "Team". I value your perspective

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 09:07:48 PM »

Offline Reyquila

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
  • Let them hate, as long as they fear
We go down in 4 against he Lakers; they are too big and strong for us. Too many big guys in the trenches and they will wear us down. Who is going to stop Gasol, Odom, Walton and Kobe plus the others, all at the same time? And they have the second most overrated player in the NBA  in Kobe. Even The Hawks are giving us problems down low; we are lucky they havent been able to throw it in the ocean, so far. KG cannot perform miracles; and Perkins, well, lets leave it at that. The problem is that there is also Utah. Both Lakers and Utah are better than us. Forget about the regular season. Now its a "mano a mano" war and we just dont have the horses. But this is all moot unless we beat Lebron, the most overrated player in the NBA. I say we should beat anybody else thats still alive. Being a fan is not enough. Reality always win in the end. Ok, let the roasting begin. I honestly hope I end up eating my words.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 12:12:49 AM by Reyquila »
And someday in the midst of time,
When they ask you if you knew me
Remember that you were a friend of mine

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 09:11:59 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I really think it will be Utah in the Finals, not the Lakers. I would love it for the sake of the rivalry, and Pierce always has Kobe's number, but I don't think they will realistically get past the Jazz ... sorry.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 09:15:43 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
We go down in 4 against he Lakers; they are to big and strong for us. And they have the second most overrated plauer in the NBA.  KG cannot perform miracles. The problem is that both Lakers and Utah are better that we are in short series. forget about the regular season. Now its a mano a mano and we just dont have the horses. But this is all moot unless we beat Lebron, the most overrated player in the NBA. I say we should beat anybody else thats still alive. Being a fan is not enough. Reality always win in the end. Ok, let the roasting begin.

Swept by the Lakers?  How are you so positive that they are better than us in a short series?  You point to the fact that we "don't have the horses" yet last I checked our bench is just as deep as theirs. If Kobe is soooo over-rated then why do you fear them? We're the number one defense in the league and that means something.  Bynum's health is still a real question mark and I like KG against Gasol.  I mean is Gasol really too "big and strong" for KG?  Granted we haven't faced the "revamped" Lakers but I look at the point guard matchup and like Rondo's chances and I like Pierce versus Odom.

I'm being very realistic in thinking that the Celtics could defeat the Lakers in a seven game series and I certainly don't fear them anymore than I fear Utah, San Antonio, or Phoenix.  I'd love to see you elaborate on why you're so certain the Lakers would sweep the Celtics.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 09:32:48 PM by Donoghus »

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2008, 09:22:00 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
It'd be an interesting match-up if it happen, especially since the idiots in the media would either favor the Lakers or think it's a close match-up.  On paper, it certainly seems that way given the Lakers size and their own Big Three in Kobe, Odom, and Gasol.  However, games aren't played on paper.  The C's would probably make fairly easy work of them given their far superior defense. 

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2008, 09:29:46 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
We go down in 4 against he Lakers; they are to big and strong for us. And they have the second most overrated plauer in the NBA.  KG cannot perform miracles. The problem is that both Lakers and Utah are better that we are in short series. forget about the regular season. Now its a mano a mano and we just dont have the horses. But this is all moot unless we beat Lebron, the most overrated player in the NBA. I say we should beat anybody else thats still alive. Being a fan is not enough. Reality always win in the end. Ok, let the roasting begin.

Swept by the Lakers?  How are you so positive that they are better than us in a short series?  You point to the face that we "don't have the horses" yet last I checked our bench is just as deep as theirs. If Kobe is soooo over-rated then why do you fear them? We're the number one defense in the league and that means something.  Bynum's health is still a real question mark and I like KG against Gasol.  I mean is Gasol really too "big and strong" for KG?  Granted we haven't faced the "revamped" Lakers but I look at the point guard matchup and like Rondo's chances and I like Pierce versus Odom.

I'm being very realistic in thinking that the Celtics could defeat the Lakers in a seven game series and I certainly don't fear them anymore than I fear Utah, San Antonio, or Phoenix.  I'd love to see you elaborate on why you're so certain the Lakers would sweep the Celtics.

Gotta back up Donoghus, here, (TP) ... if we should happen to meet the Lakers, (and not Utah), I would expect to win in about 5 ... maybe 6. Gasol is their biggest threat, as Kobe generally has trouble against the Truth and the C's.

It would be a defensive-oriented team against an offensive-oriented team, and I'd go with the former every time. There's no way Gasol can dominate a whole game with our low-post rotation, and they're not athletic in a way that threatens the Celtics.

I would much rather meet the Lakers than the Jazz, and while I don't think they will get past Utah, if they do, I feel a LOT better about us ending it with a victory in less than seven.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2008, 10:02:14 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i understand this is a blog, where hypotheticals are discussed....but can we at least make it to the finals b4 we start picking opponents and making predictions ???

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2008, 10:30:04 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
i understand this is a blog, where hypotheticals are discussed....but can we at least make it to the finals b4 we start picking opponents and making predictions ???

I totally agree, DL .... don't know what came over me there for a minute! "Just when I thought I was out ... they keep pulling me back IN!" (Forgive me)  ;D

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2008, 10:36:32 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

I totally agree, DL .... don't know what came over me there for a minute! "Just when I thought I was out ... they keep pulling me back IN!" (Forgive me)  ;D

obi-wan once said, "master yoda said i should be mindful of the future".  qui-gon's response" not at the risk of the here and now".

;D

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2008, 10:54:20 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
dlra...go head wit that star war lingo...

the force is strong in this thread...

i cant see any team beating us in the west...
i am worried bout detroit..

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2008, 11:01:52 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
"Always in motion is the future" - Yoda

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2008, 11:22:33 PM »

Offline tanner

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
if both teams make it to the finals. i really don't see how they beat us.  yes lakers have improved much offensively (since last we played them) but so have the celtics.  

been all this talk how it's going to be very difficult containing kobe and the new lakers.  but on the other end can the lakers stop pierce and garnett?  koz they sure haven't shown it even with bynum, their best interior defender.  replace bynum with gasol and  add a much improved and attacking rondo and the situation becomes dire.

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2008, 11:36:05 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352

"aint no stoppin us now"....

like ole skool

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2008, 11:41:55 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

"aint no stoppin us now"....

like ole skool

Oh, man ... you just took me back to the Sheraton circuit, BT, Houlton to Reno ... on the road and playin' that song night after night after night. Great tune, but that hotel-hopping gets old after a while. TP for the good memories, though ... "we're on the move!"

* BAHKU MUSIC *