Author Topic: I cant wait to meet the lakers in the finals cuz..  (Read 8223 times)

I cant wait to meet the lakers in the finals cuz..
« on: April 22, 2008, 12:03:10 PM »

Offline Mogreen17

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 53
.. I cant wait for Pierce to go at Kobe and prove to the world that he's better!!

There're 1000 reasons to look forward to a Celtics/Laker NBA final, whats yours?  ;D

Re: I cant wait to meet the lakers in the finals cuz..
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 12:14:53 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I rather see the Lakers go out sooner.  That is just to much success for my taste.

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 12:16:06 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I rather see the Lakers go out sooner.  That is just to much success for my taste.

Agreed.  I've been saying this for a while.  I don't want to see Celtics/Lakers because I don't want the Lakers to get that far.  Besides, I'd rather the C's beat the defending champs.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 12:17:37 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
sorry but pierce is not better than kobe. does that make me a traitor? i don't know. but he's just not.

the reason i wouldn't mind (notice how i didn't say want) the lakers in the finals is to put to bed this "stop living in the past" argument their pathetic fans come up with. to beat them in the finals again would be the ultimate satisfaction.

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 12:21:28 PM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
1. The Red/Phil Jackson discussion. I hope Phil stares at his name on the floor, then I hope he looks up at 16 (plus one) banners.

2. To watch Perk, Powe and all the other monsters beat the heck out of Gasol the flake.

Agreed with the above though, I don't want the Lakers to win another game.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 12:24:08 PM »

Offline bringbackcousy

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 20
I hate to say it too, but realistically Pierce is not better than Kobe, not even close really.

I want to see the Celtics beat the Lakers, but also I don't want the Lakers to even have a chance to win it all. i don't know what I want besides the Celtics to win it all.

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 12:26:04 PM »

Offline Mogreen17

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 53
To see Powe yes Powe dump tackle the hell out of Odom! Followed by a quick nod to Ray Allen

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 12:45:13 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I hate to say it too, but realistically Pierce is not better than Kobe, not even close really.

I want to see the Celtics beat the Lakers, but also I don't want the Lakers to even have a chance to win it all. i don't know what I want besides the Celtics to win it all.

I agree that PP is not better than Kobe.  But PP has outperformed Kobe on several head to head matchups.  Maybe that's what the OP is hoping for?
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 01:51:15 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
I think Utah will take care of the Lakers,before it gets this far.

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 01:54:18 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

I agree that PP is not better than Kobe.  But PP has outperformed Kobe on several head to head matchups.  Maybe that's what the OP is hoping for?

yea, overall PP is not the player kobe is (on pure athletic ablity, i think paul is x10 the team player kobe can ever hope to be) but he has owned him in several matchups over the last 3 years. i think thats what the OP was saying, that pierce tends to light up the lakers in general and kobe in particular.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 02:03:22 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
.. I cant wait for Pierce to go at Kobe and prove to the world that he's better!!

There're 1000 reasons to look forward to a Celtics/Laker NBA final, whats yours?  ;D

I wouldn't care if Kobe showed that he's better than Pierce, as long as the Celtics showed they're better than the Lakers.

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 02:51:32 PM »

Offline Bleedgr33n

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
because my friend is a lakers fan... and i need a summer of talking trash since his giants beat my Pats.

PS hes a Yankees fan too but i give him ish all the time for that

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 02:54:03 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I want to see KG abuse Gasol, if Phil is dumb enough to put him on him.

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 03:07:26 PM »

Offline gustusias

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 41
Agreed. Kobe is better than Paul, however I really didn't realize how good PP can be until this year ( or he has other good players). I mean he is seriously freakin' good.

That being said, I hate Kobe Bryant as much as I could despise anybody; basketball player, man, dog, whatever. He has earned that despise by behaving in such despicable ways. Pierce is very likeable.

The Lakers should lose every game they play. Misery should walk with them all the days of their lives. To face them in the finals (let's get there first) for me is a lttle bit scarey'cause of the two-three- two format. Since Gasol came to town they are infinitely better, and if Bynum returns he will at the minimum give them another big, capable body. (Their future looks very bright.)I would rather not have that worry and have them eliminated beforehand. Until the first 2-3-2 finals in '85 we never were beaten by them. I don't understand how the team with the best record should at any time be at a possible disadvantage because of querky scheduling of this final series. Even psychologically, if the visiting team wins one of the first two games, the other team has to think of winning not one of two, but two of three. Right from the gun the home team knows it absolutely must win both of those first two or it will definitely be in a big hole. The pressure is definitely much greater on the wrong team.

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 03:30:03 PM »

Offline MaineBleedsGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
I agree with the above poster ... Lakers won't get by the Jazz.