Author Topic: small rant at 5 am  (Read 3585 times)

small rant at 5 am
« on: April 22, 2008, 05:00:46 AM »

Offline 2Xplosive

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Celtics can and will be champs

Cause

Lakers cant play Def which is what we do

Spurs will wear out before making it to the finals if they do

Suns are lucky to beat Spurs and Kobe is 1 mil times better then shaq so no contest

Dirk is a weak and lets west slap him and talk trash and cant lead his team deep into the playoffs

Jazz have the easiest first round matchup and its not the nuggets. And migth win home games but cant win away games hence no home court adv

Lebron can score all he wants but the rest of his team plays like d league.

Detroit will loose concentration

Orlando is good but plz get a point guard or ur not gunna make it too the eastern coffence finals

Hornets are real good but have no exp and are hell young while not playin good def

Rockets are the ming dynasty but where ming?

Nuggets have yet to past the first round since 94

Atlanta is like high school players talking trash and can only win when the other team is playing there bench for the full 4th

O and the Celtics

Play the leagues best D, 3 superstar hungry and motivated, Solid bench

only thing that is wrong is stern going to behave
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 08:51:24 AM by 2Xplosive »

Re: small rant at 5 am
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 05:12:10 AM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352

why are people taking detroit so lightly....i've grown to like the pistons over the years because we never made the playoffs and detroit was the next team in line for me...

i hope the c's dont take the same view as most here because if we sleep on the detroit they will send us home.

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 05:52:43 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

why are people taking detroit so lightly....i've grown to like the pistons over the years because we never made the playoffs and detroit was the next team in line for me...

i hope the c's dont take the same view as most here because if we sleep on the detroit they will send us home.

completely agree with you thumper.

i genuinely think the pistons are the biggest obstacle we need to overcome.

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 07:42:33 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..

Probably because they themselves show such a lack of respect for their opponent without having the skills to back it up.  They are the Atlanta Braves but, they think they are the Yankees of late 90's.  I'm also fairly certain that this C's team will be ready to play them if they make it to ECF.

Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 02:01:24 AM »

Offline 2Xplosive

• Xavier Tillman
exp A Motown lost to philly again.

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 05:37:49 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Detroit can't beat us because they think that that are better than us. It's that superiority complex of their's. They think that they're better then everyone because they won that one title in 2004 against a Lakers team that basically handed rings to that team. Other than that they choked in the Finals, couldn't get past Wade and the Heat and then dropped 4 straight the next year in the conference finals to LeBron... And only LeBron, not the Cavaliers.

Pistons are good no doubt, but they aren't Boston/San Antonio good. They aren't anywhere near as talented as either of those teams.

Oh, and guys... Let's not be shy about it anymore. This Celtic team is one of the all-time greats on the defensive end. No one in the league can compare to what this team does on defense. THAT is why we WILL win the championship this year.

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 09:07:56 AM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
I'm not scared of Detroit at all. I turn my nose up to their fans. They don't have a chance.

On the other hand, while it's not entirely likely, it isn't above the realm of possibility either that Philadelphia could make it to the ECF.

Imagine that, Celtics Sixers ECF then a Celtics Lakers Final. What a treat!

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 09:12:10 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

I can only think of 1 game out of 84 so far this season that the Celtics took an opponent lightly - the game Charlotte came in to Boston and manhandled the C's.  I wouldn't worry at all about the Celtics focus. 
Yup

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 08:52:05 AM »

Offline 2Xplosive

• Xavier Tillman

only thing that is wrong is stern going to behave