Author Topic: Kobe says...  (Read 8318 times)

Kobe says...
« on: April 22, 2008, 02:50:51 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Re: Kobe says...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 03:50:40 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
What possible problem could you have with what he said there?

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 04:13:57 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

I completely agree with you.

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 04:50:44 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

same  :-\

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 05:00:40 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

In my mind, it somehow doesn't tie in with what he did last summer. Or last season. But then again, everyone has their own opinion.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 05:17:12 AM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
How can they even consider handing the MVP to this clown?!  ::)

im not a fan but he is the best in the league...

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 11:36:47 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

In my mind, it somehow doesn't tie in with what he did last summer. Or last season. But then again, everyone has their own opinion.

I think people who say Kobe's trade demands last year and this summer were the "kicks in the butt" the lakers management needed to get in gear, and that somehow Kobe's diva actions were a good thing is plain ridiculous and crazy.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 11:43:31 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Paul Pierce is a clown then too?

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 11:49:30 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Things like this are just a microcosm of Kobe's arrogance.  In his mind, he can never be wrong, and he will always justify past actions that were clearly foolish.  I just find a lot of his behavior to be despicable.  During his free agency, he used the Clippers like a high school boy would to get back at a cheating girlfriend - beaming about the Clips organization, how much he would love it there, etc etc, until the Lakers made their choice and offered him a max deal.  Do you think he ever had the slightest intention of joining the Clippers?  No way.  Now after an offseason of twice publicly demanding a trade, throwing a 19 year old teammates under the bus, and continually showing a lack of trust or respect for his teammate... he can just correct it by saying "I always wanted to stay here."  Sorry, but give me a break.  Who or Budweiser might be fine with that, but if these players want to repeat the "NBA is a business" phrase ad naseum, then maybe it's time they take a class in business ethics.  Kobe could learn a thing or two about professionalism and humility.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 11:51:36 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
paul didn't talk to every reporter with a mic about how terrable his owner was...

Paul didn't make a youtube video that "leaked" calling one of his rookies a no talent waste who doesn't deserve to be on his team...

Paul didn't hold his team hostage by implying over and over again that he might not be showing up to camp...

Paul didn't attempt to force his trade value so low through the press that the team would be forced to give him away for 20 cents on the dollar...

other than that, yea, they TOTALY handled it the same way. ::)

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 12:00:37 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Things like this are just a microcosm of Kobe's arrogance.  In his mind, he can never be wrong, and he will always justify past actions that were clearly foolish.  I just find a lot of his behavior to be despicable.  During his free agency, he used the Clippers like a high school boy would to get back at a cheating girlfriend - beaming about the Clips organization, how much he would love it there, etc etc, until the Lakers made their choice and offered him a max deal.  Do you think he ever had the slightest intention of joining the Clippers?  No way.  Now after an offseason of twice publicly demanding a trade, throwing a 19 year old teammates under the bus, and continually showing a lack of trust or respect for his teammate... he can just correct it by saying "I always wanted to stay here."  Sorry, but give me a break.  Who or Budweiser might be fine with that, but if these players want to repeat the "NBA is a business" phrase ad naseum, then maybe it's time they take a class in business ethics.  Kobe could learn a thing or two about professionalism and humility.

This is why I have no idea why most of the so-called experts are supporting Kobe for MVP.  Maybe character shouldn't factor into it, but it often does with respect to others so why not Kobe too.  Besides, shouldn't the MVP make his teammates better?  I don't remember Kobe doing that.  He's thrown his GM, coach and teammates under the bus more than support them and make them better.  I don't see how that warrants being crowned MVP of the league.  That would be just wrong, imo.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 12:05:42 PM »

Offline Celts1485

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 26
“The other way around,” Kobe said. “I’ve been sitting around for four years, waiting to get it done. That showed a lot of my patience on my part… three, four years, nothing getting done. To see this develop where it is today feels pretty [dang] good.”

Apparently he doesn't realize there was a video leaked showing him whining and "w"itching about wanted to be traded.  That showed great patience on his part.   ::) ::) ::)  That Kobe Bryant......so humble.

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 12:43:37 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
“The other way around,” Kobe said. “I’ve been sitting around for four years, waiting to get it done. That showed a lot of my patience on my part… three, four years, nothing getting done. To see this develop where it is today feels pretty [dang] good.”

Apparently he doesn't realize there was a video leaked showing him whining and "w"itching about wanted to be traded.  That showed great patience on his part.   ::) ::) ::)  That Kobe Bryant......so humble.

Any idea where I can watch this video of Kobe? ;D
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 11:20:25 PM »

Offline MaineBleedsGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29

yeah definately good call ... I mean I don't particularly have any beef with what he said in that article ... Kobe is a non-issue in my life ... However, I can definately see how people would call him out for completely changing his tune ... I love the "oh it may sound different now cause we're winning" line he offers too! No you idiot. It sounds different know because you a saying something completely different.

Wow, ok, I thought Kobe was a non-issue, but I just realized that somewhere deep down I must hate him, because I was about to go on a rant.