Author Topic: Playoff games. 4/20  (Read 18624 times)

Playoff games. 4/20
« on: April 20, 2008, 08:50:11 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
It will be hard to match the quality of yesterdays games. 

Re: Playoff games. 4/20
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 08:55:27 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
yesterdays games were outstanding in so many ways. the spurs-suns game was in instant classic.

aside from our game, i'm looking forward to seeing if the sixers can make their series interesting and the match-up between bosh and howard will be intriguing to say the least.

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 09:31:36 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Toronto and Orlando is going to be great. Bosh versus Dwight. Each has a huge matchup advantage, the difference is Bosh makes use of it.

Bosh dropped 40 and 26 (15 in the fourth) this season, he dropped 35ppg on them last year.

Dwight has shot above 70% against the Magic for two straight seasons but is only scoring 20ppg. Why? Rasho Nesterovic plays him tough. He keeps him far enough from the paint that Dwight has to put it on the floor and try to back him down, leaving time for Toronto's guards to double him and force it out of his hands. Can Dwight be their match winner? Or will Orlando have to look to Hedo and Rashard to bring it home?

Toronto have been in dismal form lately, can they shake it and perform to their best in the playoffs? They'll have to beat Orlando. This could swing the series. If Toronto can't back to their game they'll lose and likely lose badly. If they can .... this series gets very close and Bosh is the smartest player on the court, Toronto would have to feel good about their chances.

I'm really looking forward to this game.

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 01:16:06 PM »

Offline EarthBall

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 110
The Orl-Tor game isn't much of a game. I can't tell whether Orlando is really that good or Toronto is really that bad.

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 01:24:22 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
The Orl-Tor game isn't much of a game. I can't tell whether Orlando is really that good or Toronto is really that bad.

seems to me toronto is really bad. calderon air-balling an easy shot epitomises their performance in this game.

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 01:49:54 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Toronto did well to pull the lead back within shooting distance. They made about 10 points there in the last 6 minutes of the half. Only down 13 now.

I'd be very worried about their playoff chances though. TJ Ford is the perfect example, he just doesn't look confident or comfortable out there, he's shaky and it's affecting everyone. This isn't the TJ we saw at the start of the season or TJ we saw last year.

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 02:46:37 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Toronto have stuck in this very well. Resilient.

Orlando looking a little twitchy now. Toronto don't look much better though, they seem very unsure of where their next basket is going to come from.

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 03:02:04 PM »

Offline phantom

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7

seems to me toronto is really bad. calderon air-balling an easy shot epitomises their performance in this game.

Calderon is one of the only guys on that team I trust.  Some of those lineups that Toronto puts out there..  ack.  They really are as soft as they're hyped up to be.

Chris Bosh is never going to help this.  No way.  Not until he learns to grab a rebound and take it aggressively to the basket.  Toronto will win nothing, not even a game in this series, if he can't do that.

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 03:36:54 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Is Mark Jackson auditioning for the Knicks head coaching job? He's making a point of slagging off George Karl's coaching of the Nuggets defense.

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 03:58:13 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
It does warm my heart to see the Lakers down.   

Now, only if it lasts for the next 4 games.

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 04:01:33 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
It does warm my heart to see the Lakers down.   

Now, only if it lasts for the next 4 games.
Definitely agree with you on this one!

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 04:05:48 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Does it annoy anybody else that on SI.com, its says "Kobe and the Lakers start their title quest versus the Nuggets" when it merely says Magic-Raptors, Jazz-Rockets for everybody else?

Oh and I'm not greedy LA doesn't have to lose 4 straight, 4 of 7 is fine with me.

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 04:43:52 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Does it annoy anybody else that on SI.com, its says "Kobe and the Lakers start their title quest versus the Nuggets" when it merely says Magic-Raptors, Jazz-Rockets for everybody else?

Oh and I'm not greedy LA doesn't have to lose 4 straight, 4 of 7 is fine with me.

Yes, it annoys me a bit, but being a Celtic fan has made a lot of us take the agandas of both the NBA and the press with a grain of salt. Kobe is one of the biggest revenue machines for the above-mentioned, and, being a Paul Pierce fan as well, you get used to them snubbing whatever topic isn't "popular" or seen as highly profitable.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 04:53:31 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
It's been a pleasure to watch Pau Gasol. He has 26 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists and it's they've only played the first four minutes of the third.

Two other things:
(1) Kenyon Martin has played terrific defense on Kobe Bryant. Kobe only has 6 on 2-13 shooting. Kenyon has done a great job of stopping Kobe's penetration. His size keeps Kobe of the post. Jump shooter right now.
(2) Marcus Camby should be one of the most ideal defensive players to guard Pau Gasol correct? His winning the Defensive Player of the Year last season made a mockery out of the award. I'm still ticked off about that. He's the fourth best post defender (Nene, Kenyon, Najera, Camby in that order) on his own team for goodness sake.

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 05:00:17 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Love the trash-talking between Kobe and K-Mart ... and the "chippiness" and intensity level of the playoffs! Joey Crawford warning the players that they're "talking" too much ... that's a good one! LOL!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *