Author Topic: Star Wars: Clone Wars (TV Show)  (Read 36761 times)

Re: star wars clone wars
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2008, 10:30:18 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2008, 10:45:33 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Anyone have a release date?

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2008, 11:09:47 AM »

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
  • It's hammer time
I think its suppose to be this summer around mid august.  But im not 100% sure

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2008, 11:15:32 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

they havent confirmed anything.  the "buzz" is that it will release late august/early september, but nothing has been confirmed.

the real life television series, which takes place between ep 3 and 4 and will show the chronicles of "order 66", has not been given a release date either.

the force unleashed video game is set to release september 16th.

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2008, 11:30:29 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
thanks for keeping us updated - I'm a big fan myself - I've read just about all the books surrounding the core cast (Luke, Leia, Han, etc.) but I haven't been able to get into the Clone Wars and Jedi Academy books

looking forward to the two new projects though - let us know if there's a release date so I can set my DVR!

thanks
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2008, 11:41:25 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
thanks for keeping us updated - I'm a big fan myself - I've read just about all the books surrounding the core cast (Luke, Leia, Han, etc.) but I haven't been able to get into the Clone Wars and Jedi Academy books

looking forward to the two new projects though - let us know if there's a release date so I can set my DVR!

thanks

no problem. i will keep u posted as i hear anything new.

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2008, 08:28:22 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
according to the newest star wars insider magazine, the clone wars movie will hit the theatre august 15th.

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2008, 10:27:45 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
i forgot to mention, the clone wars animated television series will be aired on cartoon network and is tentatively set to debut in november.

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2008, 11:07:46 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
OH MY GOD!! That looks sick!!

I've never been a huge Star Wars fan beyond the movies(I actually watched Star Wars the week it was released in a drive in theatre and was at opening night in the area for every other after that), but I love the movies, own them on Blu-Ray(absolutely awesome BTW) and have watched them extensively.

But this snipet just gave me a massive hungering for new Star Wars stuff and I think I should probably start with the books before delving into these next two series coming out.

Any recommendations as to where to start?

I'm kinda a geek about chronological reading if that helps. After I read the Lord of the Rings as a kid and then the Silmarillion came out I just had to read it. I didn't get into Harry Potter until the fifth book was out but ran out and got all of them in hard cover so I could start at the beginning. Same holds true for any sci-fi or fantasy genre serials I get into.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Basketball season will be wrapping up in June and that starts my reading season. After all, baseball is great but I can usually knock off a ton of chapters while still seeing everything important that happens in a Sox game while watching it.

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2008, 06:55:26 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
OH MY GOD!! That looks sick!!

I've never been a huge Star Wars fan beyond the movies(I actually watched Star Wars the week it was released in a drive in theatre and was at opening night in the area for every other after that), but I love the movies, own them on Blu-Ray(absolutely awesome BTW) and have watched them extensively.

But this snipet just gave me a massive hungering for new Star Wars stuff and I think I should probably start with the books before delving into these next two series coming out.

Any recommendations as to where to start?

I'm kinda a geek about chronological reading if that helps. After I read the Lord of the Rings as a kid and then the Silmarillion came out I just had to read it. I didn't get into Harry Potter until the fifth book was out but ran out and got all of them in hard cover so I could start at the beginning. Same holds true for any sci-fi or fantasy genre serials I get into.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Basketball season will be wrapping up in June and that starts my reading season. After all, baseball is great but I can usually knock off a ton of chapters while still seeing everything important that happens in a Sox game while watching it.

there is soooo much, i am trying to figure out what would be a nice introduction to the expanded universe.  thing is the expanded usiverse goes thousands of years prior to battle of yavin (edisode 4) all the way to a couple hundred years after battle of endor (episode 6). 

post episode 6 novels as an intro-
a- the "thrawn trilogy". these three book are titled "heir to the empire", "dark force rising", and "last command".  these books introduce a cool character, general thrawn.....a blue empire general. 

b- i would also recommend the timothy zahn trilogy which introduced mara jade, formerly of the empire and later marries luke skywalker.

c- new jedi order:traitor.  this novel follows han solo and leia's son, jacen solo, as he turns to the dark side.

comics-

you cant go wrong with comics and graphic novels. they introduce lots of new characters and situations.  i am really into a fairly new series, star wars: legacy, which takes place 125 years after return of the jedi.  they follow the last descendent of the skywalkers, cade skywalker. cade was training to be a jedi, but following the death of his father, and using the dark side to save his masters life, he abandons the jedi life and becomes a bounty hunter. i wont give much away from the story after that.

there are also some fairly new novels that are a nine book series, legacy of the force....betrayal, bloodliness, tempest, exile, sacrafice, inferno, fury, revelation, and invinsible.

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2008, 03:57:26 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
omg I did NOT just see that. I will now disavow all knowledge that I ever saw that lest I end up in a car accident and realize I won't make it and won't ever get to see that. Who the hell cares about watching my son grow. Just let me get to see that.

back to the comics for me. Legacy is awesome.

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2008, 07:05:54 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

back to the comics for me. Legacy is awesome.

cade skywalker rules!

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2008, 08:00:59 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish

they havent confirmed anything.  the "buzz" is that it will release late august/early september, but nothing has been confirmed.

the real life television series, which takes place between ep 3 and 4 and will show the chronicles of "order 66", has not been given a release date either.

Here is a litlle news: :-\
http://tv.ign.com/articles/784/784414p1.html

Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2008, 08:06:31 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2008, 08:14:39 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish

In the mean time, you can watch this. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asnVcbWQ2cg

Larry Bird