Author Topic: Bruins clinch playoff berth  (Read 25131 times)

Re: Bruins clinch playoff berth
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2008, 09:21:56 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
This one is slowly slipping away ... had some good looks, too.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2008, 09:29:47 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
The fat lady just began singing.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2008, 09:40:05 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
The B's have absolutely nothing to apologize for ... they played with grit, determination and finesse. Hold your head high, boys ... you made us proud, and we love ya!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2008, 09:40:50 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Well, that wasn't much fun  :(

B's came out and outplayed them early but once they fell behind 2-0 they lost some zip.  Brutal power plays. 

Hell of a series for them though against a better team.
Yup

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2008, 09:48:35 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Despite this heartbreaking loss, I think we're witnessing a renaissance here with the Bruins. I feel that they proven that they can now compete with the elite of the league, and that they will soon be experiencing the success and recognition that the rest of the Boston sports teams are tasting of late.

I feel like the whole picture is now complete, and that the missing piece has been added, (or at least selected), to this puzzle. Nice job, B's ... you're only climbing upward from here on out!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2008, 10:03:21 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
The scene in Montreal when they do the Canadian National Anthem still gives me goose bumps.  So much history in that organization.

[dang] THEM! :P

No, but really, I did mean the first part (and the 2nd part I guess too)
Yup

« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2008, 09:06:38 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Oh well, at least this team picqued my interest for the first time in about a decade.

Game 6 is still one to remember.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2008, 10:46:04 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Hopefully the B's are paying attention to what's going on with the Celtics and will continue to compete and build aggressively towards a Stanley Cup. If you give the fans a team to cheer for, they will come.

« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2008, 11:05:41 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Despite this heartbreaking loss, I think we're witnessing a renaissance here with the Bruins. I feel that they proven that they can now compete with the elite of the league, and that they will soon be experiencing the success and recognition that the rest of the Boston sports teams are tasting of late.

I feel like the whole picture is now complete, and that the missing piece has been added, (or at least selected), to this puzzle. Nice job, B's ... you're only climbing upward from here on out!

I think they certainly put themselves back in the conscious of Boston sports fans, but they still have a long way to go.  There is still so much cynicism left, that really has a long way to go in order to be truly broken away.  They will not truly be back until they either win a championship, or Jacobs sells the team.  Until then, there will still be a huge portion of their fan base that will not come back completely.

With that said, the future certainly looks bright.  Now they just need to realize that they have a little bit of the publics attention, and they need to take advantage of it.  They absolutely need to make a splash this summer, and work hard to try to improve the team.  The obvious move is to sign Hossa...which would be great.  But if they don't do that, they can still make something happen. 

They just need to realize that they need to grab the attention when they can.  If they do nothing this summer, and come out next year, and are just a 6th or 7th seed in the playoffs, all of the goodwill they got this year will be gone again.

« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2008, 02:03:41 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Agree with Donoghus and Chris.  I was pleasantly surprised by the Bruins; despite last night's loss, it was the first time hockey was "must see" for me in probably since the late 90s.  It was a great run, and I'm impressed by the grit of the team.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions