Author Topic: 100 Tommy Points  (Read 998412 times)

Re: 100 Tommy Points
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2008, 12:35:56 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Been a while since anyone passed the hundred marker...but at last

Congrats to Bahku for 200 TPs!  Man you've been busy...

See top of last page for: Congrats to Bahku for 100 TPs!  Just a few weeks ago.

Yup

« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2008, 11:19:20 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Congrats to Roy Hobbs for a league leading 600 TPs! 

As always a big bundle of gratitude (hence all the TPs) for all you do here.

Yup

« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2008, 11:21:44 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Thanks, Redz.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2008, 11:24:08 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
Congrats to Roy Hobbs for a league leading 600 TPs! 

As always a big bundle of gratitude (hence all the TPs) for all you do here.

I agree wholeheartedly.Congads. go out to you R.Hobbs! ;D

« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2008, 11:32:09 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Wow ... that's truly amazing, Roy ... sincere congratulations! The rest of us can only dream ... another TP for all the TP's!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2008, 11:35:01 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Wow ... that's truly amazing, Roy ... sincere congratulations! The rest of us can only dream ... another TP for all the TP's!

Haha.  At your pace, you'll have surpassed me by the time the Finals role around.   8)

I like the TPs; they generate a lot of good will around here.  I was originally in favor of keeping the "negative Tommy Points" that we had for a few months, but after seeing both systems in action, this one works much better.

Thanks again for the kudos, guys.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2008, 11:39:26 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Haha.  At your pace, you'll have surpassed me by the time the Finals role around.   8)

I like the TPs; they generate a lot of good will around here.  I was originally in favor of keeping the "negative Tommy Points" that we had for a few months, but after seeing both systems in action, this one works much better.

The negative TPs were sort of rough, but kind of funny too.  I saw a guy with a -1 TP rating a couple of weeks ago, must be like a badge of honor at this point to still in the negatives!
Yup

« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2008, 11:43:05 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

The negative TPs were sort of rough, but kind of funny too.  I saw a guy with a -1 TP rating a couple of weeks ago, must be like a badge of honor at this point to still in the negatives!

They caused too much infighting, which created a lot of problems for the staff. 

For instance, one guy was down to -73 TPs, for posting some less-than-politically-correct thoughts in the off-topic forum.  That then led people to discount his Celtics posts, and to feel empowered to openly insult him.  Not a good thing.

I like it better this way.  People get rewarded for good posts or for being helpful, but never have to feel stupid or like somebody has a grudge against them.  I know that's a little touchy-feely for some people, but on this blog, it seems to work well.

« Reply #98 on: March 25, 2008, 12:02:23 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

I would assume, though, that it's much more difficult for you guys, (mods, etc), to acquire Tommy Points. As is true with many lines of work, (coaching being the first that comes to mind), it's very often the guys at the top that get the least amount of credit.

It's a strange sort of phenomenon, but I think it's like a reverse of the "underdog" syndrome ... that people just assume, (or take for granted), that because someone's at the top, they must not need as much help, or in this instance, care as much as the rest of us about things like TP's.

I think this would be a good time for the rest of us to consider that, and try to keep in mind in the future the fact that you are taken a bit for granted when it comes to such things, and that we should make a concerted effort to remedy that situation.

I know I am probably as guilty as any of doing so, and would like you to know that I appreciate all you do here for us, and that this has become a very positive part of my daily ritual, and I'll do my best to let that be reflected more in the Tommy Points I give out.

You certainly deserve them more than most of us, and yet you're probably one of the last to get them. An injustice we need to correct ... and none too soon! Thanks for this amazing forum, Roy ... I greatly appreciate having this friendly place to come to each day, where I can talk and share my love for this awesome team!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #99 on: March 25, 2008, 01:03:37 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

I would assume, though, that it's much more difficult for you guys, (mods, etc), to acquire Tommy Points. As is true with many lines of work, (coaching being the first that comes to mind), it's very often the guys at the top that get the least amount of credit.

It's a strange sort of phenomenon, but I think it's like a reverse of the "underdog" syndrome ... that people just assume, (or take for granted), that because someone's at the top, they must not need as much help, or in this instance, care as much as the rest of us about things like TP's.

I think this would be a good time for the rest of us to consider that, and try to keep in mind in the future the fact that you are taken a bit for granted when it comes to such things, and that we should make a concerted effort to remedy that situation.

I know I am probably as guilty as any of doing so, and would like you to know that I appreciate all you do here for us, and that this has become a very positive part of my daily ritual, and I'll do my best to let that be reflected more in the Tommy Points I give out.

You certainly deserve them more than most of us, and yet you're probably one of the last to get them. An injustice we need to correct ... and none too soon! Thanks for this amazing forum, Roy ... I greatly appreciate having this friendly place to come to each day, where I can talk and share my love for this awesome team!

It sort of depends on the staff member.

Take Roy.  He gets most the love.  He also gets most the wrath when someone gets upset with the staff. 

« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2008, 11:32:04 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Congrats to nickagneta for TP #200 (given by yours truly as I started perusing your post about Marriage & CelticsBlog - which is ironic because I just finished talking with my wife about the positive things about CelticsBlog - but I'll touch on that in your thread). 

Anyhow, always in depth and well thought out posts Nick. 
Yup

« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2008, 01:19:55 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Awesome job, Nickagenta ... congrats on #200! One of my favorite bloggers, and some of my most memorable verbal "sparring" matches ... here's to many more such constructive conforntations. All the best!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2008, 10:51:01 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Congrats to Redz!  200 Tommy points, 2000 posts, and made a member of the staff, all in one day.  Good stuff out of ya.

« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2008, 10:54:24 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Congrats to Redz!  200 Tommy points, 2000 posts, and made a member of the staff, all in one day.  Good stuff out of ya.
It's a triple-double!  Kinda silly all happening at once.

Yup

« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2008, 09:20:23 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
LarBrd33, congrats on 100 TPs. 

LARRY! LARRY! LARRY!

Yup