Author Topic: The Wire-Season 5  (Read 11021 times)

The Wire-Season 5
« on: January 02, 2008, 08:04:00 AM »

Offline kingstaystheking

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Just a quick heads up regarding the Wire Season 5:
the season premiere airs this Sunday night Jan.6, but if you can not wait, it is currantly available On Demand with Comcast. I checked it out last night, and I refuse to discuss what occurred, as it is a show you need to take in for yourself, but it should not be missed.

Re: The Wire-Season 5
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 09:42:32 AM »

Offline DannyZ

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Season 4 of The Wire was the best television program I have ever seen.  If anyone hasn't seen it, get the DVDs immediately.

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 09:55:21 AM »

Offline Jughead

• Broadcast Manager
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
I watched the season 5 premiere last night on demand and it was awesome.  I won't discuss it here either, but I am so looking forward to this season...

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 09:59:02 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
McNulty's off the wagon should be good times.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 10:42:17 AM »

Offline kingstaystheking

• Xavier Tillman
have you checked out The Wire Prequels? the shorts are on youtube and amazon, and they are very entertaining. I would have to say that although Omar is the most intriguing chracter on the show, the Prop Joe prequel is pretty [dang] good.

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 10:45:36 AM »

Offline Jughead

• Broadcast Manager
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
Yeah, McNutty is all screwed up again - but I like his passion when he is a degenerate...

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 10:46:42 AM »

Offline Potapenko Boxout

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
the Wire is the only show that puts itself on Demand before its original air date. i'm not sure if this is smart or not but i am very happy with it

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 10:59:40 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Yeah, McNutty is all screwed up again - but I like his passion when he is a degenerate...

I hate watching Mcnutty completely fall on his face again..Beadie's just good people. Even his wife was warming up to him.

You just know he's going to the papers

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 11:46:32 AM »

Offline kingstaystheking

• Xavier Tillman
yeah, but him being that way brings a whole lot more to the show. I think that it is interesting in that alot of people believe that the end will tie everything up, mcnulty will be redeemed, marlo caught, omar killed; but if anything else, this show has shown that the best endings tend to not be the warm fuzzy ones.  When Bodie got killed, people were upset, but how else was he going to go out? rolling over for Marlo?

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 12:23:46 PM »

Offline DannyZ

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
but if anything else, this show has shown that the best endings tend to not be the warm fuzzy ones.

The endings are definitely not warm and fuzzy.  Last season had four main characters and things ended badly for three of them.  Only Namond had somewhat of a happy outcome.

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 08:27:28 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
the Wire is the only show that puts itself on Demand before its original air date. i'm not sure if this is smart or not but i am very happy with it
tell me you love me was also on on demand before it aired.  it is the new hbo thing
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 07:31:31 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Spoilers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Spoilers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
spoilers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Spoilers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Spoilers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Spoilers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
spoilers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Spoilers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I've rarely complained about anything on the Wire. But I wish they had gave Omar a better send off. At least let him kill Snoop or Chris before he got it. :'(
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 08:40:09 PM by Chief »
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 07:50:37 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
everyone has raved so much about this show.  I finally went and downloaded Season 1 of The Wire.  Am I wasting my time?

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2008, 08:14:35 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
nope, its a good show.

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2008, 08:15:46 PM »

Offline DingDongDel

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Make that spoiler alert bigger!!