Author Topic: Is there a way to take advantage of Lebron's fragile mind?  (Read 4315 times)

Re: Is there a way to take advantage of Lebron's fragile mind?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2017, 06:59:29 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Fragile mind?

He had one bad game and we thing he is fragile all the sudden?   

No, I would expect him to bounce back.   For the Celtics, I hope this means hero ball and we see the rest of the Cavs be out of sync.

To be fair he has a history of handling of seeming fragile about his ego and how others perceive him. This goes back to when he said everyone had to go back to their crappy jobs after he lost to the mavericks.

I think responding poorly to both a fan and a reporter in separate incidents shows, for whatever reason, he is really unhinged by this single loss. It is particularly perplexing given they are still 99% favorites to win the series and we are still missing IT. I think it is fair to wonder if trash talk, or some bumping from someone like Jerkebro could add to this. It certainly seemed to fire up the rest of the Celtics in the last game.

Didn't he play this way last year in the finals until his team was down 3 to 1?  How did his fragile mind do then?

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2017, 07:04:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Fragile mind?

No, I would expect him to bounce back.   For the Celtics, I hope this means hero ball and we see the rest of the Cavs be out of sync.

To be fair he has a history of handling of seeming fragile about his ego and how others perceive him. This goes back to when he said everyone had to go back to their crappy jobs after he lost to the mavericks.

I think responding poorly to both a fan and a reporter in separate incidents shows, for whatever reason, he is really unhinged by this single loss. It is particularly perplexing given they are still 99% favorites to win the series and we are still missing IT. I think it is fair to wonder if trash talk, or some bumping from someone like Jerkebro could add to this. It certainly seemed to fire up the rest of the Celtics in the last game.

Didn't he play this way last year in the finals until his team was down 3 to 1?  How did his fragile mind do then?

To be honest the topic was partially a joke. Obviously Lebron can and has turned on his game big time and had some incredible moments throughout his career. Obviously the game 6 against us is one we won't ever forgot. That being said, it was interesting to see him be so petulant yesterday to both a fan and a reporter. You wonder why a single bad game, in what in the grand scheme of things, is an irrelevant loss, made him get like that. Perhaps if he stays agitated or someone on our team (Smart, Jerekbro) can help him get emotional it could be interesting. that is the more serious point.

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2017, 07:43:25 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

He does have a history of cracking under pressure, but he has improved some in that area.   He has also quit on his team before and went the locker room early.  Scored only 7, 8 and now 11 in big games.   He is a great player, he is a lot more mentally tough than he used to be but he has a past history that is out there.

I don't think we have the stuff to put enough pressure on him in all honesty.   He usually bounces back and can Smart play like every night ( i mean I hope he does but I doubt it)?

LeBron hasn't had a fragile mind since he came into the Garden and crushed us Game 6 of the 2012 ECF. He's been an absolute killer in the playoffs since.

This is patently false.  2014 finals he was accused of quitting in this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1PesQ1yA6g

I seen him leave games early his team was losing too and running to the locker room so no one saw him cry or he didn't want to shake hands.

This is an interesting read on 2014 and how Leonard shut him down and Bron bottom fed

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/gallery/skip-bayless-lebron-james-quit-on-team-spurs-loss-032817

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2017, 08:02:25 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
LeBron hasn't had a fragile mind since he came into the Garden and crushed us Game 6 of the 2012 ECF. He's been an absolute killer in the playoffs since.

No fragile mind, but he had no scoreboard pressure in that game, due to Bosh's return limiting Garnett's offense, when Garnett was first scoring option due to Pierce and Allen playing injured. The Heat lead by 10 at 1st quarters end and never lost a quarter in that game. The C's scored only 79 points. The jump shots (not his strength), don't fall as easy when the other team is scoring easier.
I think the Cavs just let their guard down a bit when it started turning into a 3rd straight blowout and LeBron in particular had trouble getting back into a rhythm when we started coming back at them. It's not something we're going to be able to count on next game.

Agree, but the C's played better too.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 08:10:56 PM by alley oop »

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2017, 08:30:20 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

This is patently false.  2014 finals he was accused of quitting in this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1PesQ1yA6g

I seen him leave games early his team was losing too and running to the locker room so no one saw him cry or he didn't want to shake hands.

This is an interesting read on 2014 and how Leonard shut him down and Bron bottom fed

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/gallery/skip-bayless-lebron-james-quit-on-team-spurs-loss-032817

My opinion is patently false? Based on a Skip Bayless hot take?

Yeah, he got accused of quitting when he had cramps. It was a dumb accusation. Ditto with the handshake handwringing.

Dude's been in the Finals 6 straight years, probably going to make it 7. He's got 8 sweeps over that period. He nearly carried a team past the Warriors by himself and then took them from down 3-1 against them the next year. I don't care for the guy but it can't be denied he's on a historical string of playoff runs.

I think the Cavs just let their guard down a bit when it started turning into a 3rd straight blowout and LeBron in particular had trouble getting back into a rhythm when we started coming back at them. It's not something we're going to be able to count on next game.

Agree, but the C's played better too.

Absolutely, didn't mean to discount what we did. Just discounting that it was some kind of psychological collapse by LeBron.

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2017, 08:51:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
win or lose...the celtics must guard him the exact same way they did in game 3

and good for crowder and smart to run around all over the place on the offensive end + celtics holding/passing the ball deeper into the clock

he was working alot harder .... and he was tired

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2017, 09:24:52 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Fragile mind? I wonder if we'll be talking about this tomorrow night when Lebron has a triple double at halftime.

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2017, 01:37:56 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Have everyone wear a sheet to the next home game?

wait what?!

The Celtics did that to Philly one time to indicate the ghosts of Celtics past.

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2017, 02:02:01 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Meh, idk about "fragile mind," but there is a way to take advantage of his imposing build in spite of his athletic gifts, imo.  That's classified, though (sarcasm) ;D.

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2017, 02:08:04 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
We could get one of Lebron's teammates to sleep with his mom.

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2017, 02:42:01 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
We could get one of Lebron's teammates to sleep with his mom.

Ouch, lol ;D.

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2017, 05:55:42 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Fragile mind?

He cried to Adam Silver about Green, saw both Bogut and Iggy hobbling so that boosted his confidence.

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2017, 07:42:48 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
ask his mom out on a date?

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2017, 06:41:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Yeah, he got accused of quitting when he had cramps. It was a dumb accusation. Ditto with the handshake handwringing.

I heard PEDs cause cramps like that.  These guys have the liquids to hydrate, the have top notch trainers and they still get cramps?

Dude's been in the Finals 6 straight years, probably going to make it 7. He's got 8 sweeps over that period. He nearly carried a team past the Warriors by himself and then took them from down 3-1 against them the next year. I don't care for the guy but it can't be denied he's on a historical string of playoff runs.

Here is a list of guys with as many finals as Lebron:

Bill Russell Won 11 out of 12 finals.
Michael Jordan  6-0 in the finals.
Magic Johnson  5 out of 9
Tim Duncan  5 out of 6.
Kobe Bryant 5 out of 7
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 6 out of 10 I think.
Jerry West  this is who Lebron most resembles, still a great player but not a proven winner
Shaquille O'Neal  4 out of 5
Wilt Chamberlain another guys questioned about his mental makeup
Scottie Pippen   sidekick

Others:  Robert Parrish, John Havlicek, Bob Cousy, Tommy Heinsohn, Satch Sanders, Sam Jones, Michael Cooper, K.C. Jones, Dennis Rodman and Frank Ramsey.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/the-10-greatest-players-with-as-many-finals-appearances-as-lebron-james/

LeBron will most likely be joing this list soon this year.   He is still a great player but I would not want him next to me in a foxhole.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/best-players-lose-least-4-nba-finals.html/?a=viewall

Then why has he not won more if he is so mentally tough?   Let the excuses begin