Poll

Do You Think Porzingis Could Be Traded Sometime In Next Few Years?

Yes, Traded To Boston
10 (27%)
Yes, But To ANOTHER Team
5 (13.5%)
No, He Will Stay With New York Long-Term (Pipe Dream He's Traded)
22 (59.5%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: BOLD PREDICTION: Porzingis Will Be Traded To Boston In February 2018  (Read 6535 times)

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
trade IT for KP with NYK right to flip picks next year ...

I heard the Knicks have got rid of KP's favorite coach, so maybe Ainge and Phil have some kind of deal in place already but I think it is a reach.

First take mentioned KP and were also at one point talking about the possibility of us trading IT. I don't listen much to them and only saw it because it showed up in my youtube feed.

I would not give: Jaylen Brown, Fultz, or the BKN 2018 nor our 2018.

One thing we could do is take back their bad contracts like Noah's to add more value w/o giving more in assets.

Yeah, as I said, they view Boston as a potential destination

We'll have to see, but this will be UGLY for NYK unless they start winning a ton.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

I heard the Knicks have got rid of KP's favorite coach, so maybe Ainge and Phil have some kind of deal in place already but I think it is a reach.

First take mentioned KP and were also at one point talking about the possibility of us trading IT. I don't listen much to them and only saw it because it showed up in my youtube feed.

One thing we could do is take back their bad contracts like Noah's to add more value w/o giving more in assets.

We'll have to see, but this will be UGLY for NYK unless they start winning a ton.

Would LOVE to see us get Zinger, but will PJax

1. Help the Cs whom he hates
2. Help a DIVISION rival (us) be set up for now and the future?

I think that people underestimate the reluctance of GMs (except BK, of course) (double entendre there) to trade to teams within their division.

Noel to Dallas for a CRIPPLE comes to mind.

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Would LOVE to see us get Zinger, but will PJax

1. Help the Cs whom he hates
2. Help a DIVISION rival (us) be set up for now and the future?

I think that people underestimate the reluctance of GMs (except BK, of course) (double entendre there) to trade to teams within their division.

Noel to Dallas for a CRIPPLE comes to mind.

Yeah, that could be an issue, but Jackson DOES LOVE Crowder.

And I mean, it's Phil Jackson. Like he cares what others believes/thinks (trading within division, etc.)  :laugh:

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

As much as I want Porzingis I would not take Noah's contract as part of it.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

As much as I want Porzingis I would not take Noah's contract as part of it.

Yeah, if we whiff on Hayward and others, I'd take back Melo.

BUT NO TO NOAH...  :o

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
I don't see why Noah is eliciting such a strong reaction? If halfway healthy, isn't he still useful? If taking Noah nabs us Porzingis, who cares about Noah's contract.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I don't see why Noah is eliciting such a strong reaction? If halfway healthy, isn't he still useful? If taking Noah nabs us Porzingis, who cares about Noah's contract.

He's about as toast as Amir right now, and I really don't think we need a "cap-killer" in Noah.

If we added Porzingis, it would still allow us to attract a great FA, but adding Noah completely kills that.

I'd rather Melo (still a great 23-25 PPG scorer now) if it were to come to that.

Especially if we whiff on Hayward/Griffin/(everyone else)

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Agree. Plus to me the BKN 18' pick is unbelievably valuable. In a trade for Zinger we should do anything we can do to keep: Fultz, Jaylen, the 2018 BKN pick, and our own 2018 pick.
Zinger is everything to them and they won't just give him up for nothing. We would need to decide if getting him was worth trading a combo of our starters( IT+AB or IT+Crowder or IT+Horford  or etc.) and sacrificing our "win now and later" flexibility.

IMO Zinger is a perfect CENTER to have because he does not clog the paint with his defender on offense.....a lot like Horford. Zinger and Horford like to roam and hit jumpers and 3's, which opens up lanes and frees the paint. Jaylen and Fultz would kill in that offense, so would Zinger.

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
The Knicks seem our most likely dance partner. 

I'd be pitching a deal with two facets.   1- we take Melo off their hands for expirings and are compensated handsomely.  Like, I want the knicks 2018 first unprotected.  With the no trade clause, not only are we one of the few options for Phil to deal with, but we are the only team that can make the trade advantageous for them.  That's where the 2nd facet, access to the Fultz pick comes in. 

Zinger is almost straight up value for Fultz.  Almost. 

So, meet contingent 1 (Melo + 2018 unprotected first) and we can include the 2017 first overall plck for Zinger, plus a future pick swap or protected first.     

So, all totaled; the deal looks like this. 

2017 first overall, Amir, Zeller for

2018 NYK unprotected first, future 1st, Zinger, & Melo.

I feel like this is good value.   Knicks refresh their books and get Fultz.   Which is crazy since no one should be able to trade for Fultz right now. 

We can go all in to win now, upgrading two starter spots.  We also get the push the development plan out on year by getting the NYK 2018 first, when they should be sufficiently terrible.  That sets up a future core of: Smart/Terry, Brown, 18'bkn, 18'nyk, plus Zizic. 

And the win now team looks like this:

Thomas  $6.5
Bradley  $8.2
Melo.    $24.5
Zinger   $4.3
Horford  $26.5

Klynyk $14 ?
Smart $3.8
Crowder $6.2
Brown $4.7
Rozier $1.9
Jerebko $6 ?
Zizic. $3 ?

$110-115 if you go into the tax to resign JJ and Kelly.   Either way, that's a squad that competes in a big way right now, with Melo playing with urgency-- then again in two years as Zinger develops into a stud.  In four years as Jaylen becomes a scorer and also is a contender 6-10 years down the line thanks to those two big apple unprotected 2018 firsts.

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
Even though Porzingis isn't happy right now, he doesn't have many options for forcing a trade. The Knicks aren't going to deal him because he's the only good decision the Jackson administration has made. It would look doubly bad because he's already complained about the organization. If they traded him now it would put a spotlight on their own incompetence.

He would really have to do something drastic like sit out preseason or mouth off more to the press. He just doesn't have any leverage because he's on a rookie deal. That's why you never see teams lose the guys they draft unless they WANT to lose them. Greg Monroe is probably the only player in recent times who was willing to play the fifth year under the qualifying offer and become an UFA.

But then again, it's Phil and maybe he will do something unpredictable. Do we have any really overrated players who would excel in the triangle?

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
The Knicks seem our most likely dance partner. 

I'd be pitching a deal with two facets.   1- we take Melo off their hands for expirings and are compensated handsomely.  Like, I want the knicks 2018 first unprotected.  With the no trade clause, not only are we one of the few options for Phil to deal with, but we are the only team that can make the trade advantageous for them.  That's where the 2nd facet, access to the Fultz pick comes in. 

Zinger is almost straight up value for Fultz.  Almost. 

So, meet contingent 1 (Melo + 2018 unprotected first) and we can include the 2017 first overall plck for Zinger, plus a future pick swap or protected first.     

So, all totaled; the deal looks like this. 

2017 first overall, Amir, Zeller for

2018 NYK unprotected first, future 1st, Zinger, & Melo.

I feel like this is good value.   Knicks refresh their books and get Fultz.   Which is crazy since no one should be able to trade for Fultz right now. 

We can go all in to win now, upgrading two starter spots.  We also get the push the development plan out on year by getting the NYK 2018 first, when they should be sufficiently terrible.  That sets up a future core of: Smart/Terry, Brown, 18'bkn, 18'nyk, plus Zizic. 

And the win now team looks like this:

Thomas  $6.5
Bradley  $8.2
Melo.    $24.5
Zinger   $4.3
Horford  $26.5

Klynyk $14 ?
Smart $3.8
Crowder $6.2
Brown $4.7
Rozier $1.9
Jerebko $6 ?
Zizic. $3 ?

$110-115 if you go into the tax to resign JJ and Kelly.   Either way, that's a squad that competes in a big way right now, with Melo playing with urgency-- then again in two years as Zinger develops into a stud.  In four years as Jaylen becomes a scorer and also is a contender 6-10 years down the line thanks to those two big apple unprotected 2018 firsts.
That's a terrible trade for the Knicks.  The Knicks aren't going to give up 2 firsts just to move Melo.  Also Amir is a free agent so he can't be traded.

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
TP, Phantom for the thread/poll.

I voted pipedream, BUT, I think that if we ate Melo's contract, NYKs might be enticed. The Zen guy can kickstart his rebuild and dump Melo at the same time.

KO (S&Td),
Zeller (salary ballast)
#1 (Fultz)
Rozier
Boston #1 in '18
Memphis or Clips pick (if needed)
ANY seconds as needed

for

Porzingis
Melo
O'Quinn or Hernangomez
Knicks '17 1st

IT/Smart/DJ
Bradley/Jaylen
Melo/Crowder
Zinger/O'Quinn
Horford/Zizic

We still have a lotto pick this year and next year for the future and a team that could beat the Cavs now.

Knicks get a marquee #1 for NYC, a slew of drat picks and a backcourt for the future in Fultz/Rozier.

No to BKN '17 pick, but I'll do it for BKN '18 plus Crowder with that package.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
I just don't get why people keep proposing trades for Melo.

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
He is skin and bones. Shawn Bradley waiting to happen. Stay away from KP. I love him but he will get hurt. IMO.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I keep harping on the idea that if the Knicks are really nervous about retaining KP long term and are still having a problem convincing Melo to waive his no-trade, the C's should try to get Porzingis for a package centered around IT and Horford.

The Knicks might do it because they'd have a core to help them compete now, the Celtics might do it (in spite of the bad optics of sending Horford away so fast and trading the new face of the franchise) because they wind up with the potential best player, it solves many of their roster problems, and that core can compete together for the next 12 years.

Even though its a step backwards I think the team still makes the playoffs. Smart, Bradley, Crowder, Olynyk, Porzingis, with Fultz, Brown, Zizic off the bench. Maybe start Brown with Crowder and player small ball.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008