Author Topic: Team positioning thread  (Read 378 times)

Team positioning thread
« on: February 24, 2017, 06:58:54 AM »

Offline adam8

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
After reading through the blog the last day or so and seeing all the negativity about how so many teams got better than us, and how Danny over values his assets and etc. I wanted to make a thread where we could state which teams we would do a full swap with right now and the reasoning. My hope is that everyone realizes how short that list is and gets a more positive outlook on our team.

So first off Golden State obviously, one of the best teams ever young will be a contender for years.

Cleveland, defending champ with 2nd best odds to win and a top 5 player all time.

Celtics, top 5 odds to win the championship with young veterans young assets and good draft picks.

SAN Antonio, Team that competes every year with a top 3 coach and top 3 player imo

Then somewhere down here #5 Minnesota, finding 5 teams that have something to be excited about now or in the future was actually more difficult than I expected, I do love KAT and I think Wiggins is a good #2 but they are severely under performing.

Replace Minnesota with your favorite rebuild (76ers, Pelicans) but when you take in the fact there are 30 teams and at least to me there are really only 4 that have any reason to be excited as far as championship aspirations for the current core whether current or future. The fact that we are the only one that has reason to be excited for both the present and future(aside from Golden State if they can keep their players) makes me very happy that Danny didn't overpay to win an extra game against Cleveland this year.