Author Topic: Larry Bird stepping down as president of Pacers, staying as consultant  (Read 3489 times)

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Aww, that shucks.

Looks like PG13 to the Lakers is becoming imminent now.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
This probably makes PG13 to LA less likely, at least in the short term.  Whoever takes over from Bird is NOT going to want their first move to be shipping out the team's best player.

Mike

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Get ready for the "FIre Ainge-Hire Bird" comments lol
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Good luck Larry
Yup

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Hire bird as consultant... Ainge has done a good job.. But I would love to have bird around the players

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
I kind of want to see Bird with the TNT crew lol.

All of them (Chuck, Shaq, Kenny, Bird) talking trash and making jokes  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
This probably makes PG13 to LA less likely, at least in the short term.  Whoever takes over from Bird is NOT going to want their first move to be shipping out the team's best player.

Mike

Yeah but if Paul George says he WILL NOT stay with Indiana, then they will have to.

And lets be real, Paul George IS their team pretty much.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Mike

Yeah but if Paul George says he WILL NOT stay with Indiana, then they will have to.

Exactly, because the specter of losing him for nothing next year would hang over them and would be even more humiliating and debilitating to the franchise and the new head honcho than trading him now.

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Get ready for the "FIre Ainge-Hire Bird" comments lol

LOL Bird would never leave Indiana for Boston. Larry is still a hick from...

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
If Ainge retired (he won't get fired), I bet the first person Wyc calls is Larry.

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I kind of want to see Bird with the TNT crew lol.

All of them (Chuck, Shaq, Kenny, Bird) talking trash and making jokes  :laugh:

They need Ernie to balance it all out.
#JKJB

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Pacers will bottom out as new Nets .

Bird figures George is leaving ......to much work and not enough years left to rebuild from scratch .
They will replace Nets , Suns and Kings as the bottom feeders for a LONG LOnG time....if George leaves .  They are no where .

Wish he d forget them and come back with Celtics.

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Mike

There's something to be said for offering George the max and then letting him walk if he wants.  You're rebuilding either way but that puts some of the blame on George for "abandoning" the franchise and it tells other GMs that you won't be bullied into making a bad deal.

I mean, if the Lakers want to offer a top 3 pick this year, Randle and Clarkson or Russell, you'd jump on that deal.  But if they're offering the #3, Mozgov and Deng, is that enough?

Mike

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth

Mike

There's something to be said for offering George the max and then letting him walk if he wants.  You're rebuilding either way but that puts some of the blame on George for "abandoning" the franchise and it tells other GMs that you won't be bullied into making a bad deal.

I mean, if the Lakers want to offer a top 3 pick this year, Randle and Clarkson or Russell, you'd jump on that deal.  But if they're offering the #3, Mozgov and Deng, is that enough?

Mike
it is if the market says so, which i don't think so, any number of teams can top that deal, the second one at least.
but i think that many would agree, our best offer would be:
17 pick, crowder, JJ/Zeller and maybe Rozier or Yabu/Young
anything else is an overpay like 17 pick, crowdedr, brown/bradley/smart and fillers
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger