Author Topic: What adjustments will the Bulls make for game 5?  (Read 3228 times)

Re: What adjustments will the Bulls make for game 5?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2017, 05:41:57 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
So what are people's thoughts on what the Bulls adjustments might be for game 5?

I think Hoiberg is going to ride-or-die with Butler/Wade/Lopez and Mirotic/Portis.  I don't blame him for benching Lopez in Game 4 (unlike some critics) because IT4 was shredding Lopez in the pick-n-roll.

That will still happen but Chicago's best matchup against the Cs is still going big and banging the glass.  It demoralizes the Cs when they give up 3 ORebs on a possession, and when they miss shots on the other end it is a recipe for an L.

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2017, 05:46:26 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I think we're going to see a lot of open shots for players like KO and the other role players. IT will be doubled

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2017, 06:11:00 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
So what are people's thoughts on what the Bulls adjustments might be for game 5?

I think Hoiberg is going to ride-or-die with Butler/Wade/Lopez and Mirotic/Portis.  I don't blame him for benching Lopez in Game 4 (unlike some critics) because IT4 was shredding Lopez in the pick-n-roll.

That will still happen but Chicago's best matchup against the Cs is still going big and banging the glass.  It demoralizes the Cs when they give up 3 ORebs on a possession, and when they miss shots on the other end it is a recipe for an L.

I think they need to park Lopez low and have him drop back on the pick and roll, send an extra defender to swarm Isaiah coming off a ball screen, and force anybody other than Isaiah or Horford to make a jump shot.

If you lose because Jae Crowder, Avery Bradley, Marcus Smart, and Gerald Green go nuts from downtown, so be it.  Against this Celtics team I would bet on those guys not being consistent.  Attack Isaiah constantly and send multiple big guys to crash the boards on the other end.

Demoralize the Celts by getting their role players to take open jumpers that miss and by getting lots of second and third possessions from offensive rebounds.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2017, 06:22:48 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Surprise return of PLaYOff his rocker Rondo

If they are down under ten in the 4th ....look for Rondo to,pop in the game and try and win it.

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2017, 07:01:37 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

I think they need to park Lopez low and have him drop back on the pick and roll, send an extra defender to swarm Isaiah coming off a ball screen, and force anybody other than Isaiah or Horford to make a jump shot.

If you lose because Jae Crowder, Avery Bradley, Marcus Smart, and Gerald Green go nuts from downtown, so be it.  Against this Celtics team I would bet on those guys not being consistent.  Attack Isaiah constantly and send multiple big guys to crash the boards on the other end.

Demoralize the Celts by getting their role players to take open jumpers that miss and by getting lots of second and third possessions from offensive rebounds.

Yep, completely agree.

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2017, 07:08:06 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
They are hoping Canaan is the answer at PG. I thought they played their best with him. He defended IT4 better than anyone they had b4 him (w/o RR). If he gets them off to a more balanced start, that could help them a lot. He also scored some, which MCW and any other PG did. They need all they can get from that position and he is better than the NOTHING they got w/o RR.

It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2017, 09:00:46 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Besides the fact that they did try to make life difficult for IT last night I have to say it seems like they have a new guy appear out of nowhere to play great. Last night it was Morrow. He was hitting shots and mixing it up. I thought they tried to use Wade as the playmaker last night and he responded. I go out of my mind when I see Lopez hitting everything like last night. This was not an easy win last night.

We were jacking up bad 3's in the 1st half. Crowder was absolutely horrendous the entire game until he got the offensive rebound I think late 3rd quarter.

It kills me also when a 2nd rounder like Zipser comes in and confidently hits a 3 and Felicio is a real beast that I wish we had coming off our bench.

They made adjustments but the fire of AB kept us in the game and Horford got involved and IT was able to finish strong with some help from Olynyk and Marcus. Great win that easily could have gone south.

Can they just please blow out Chicago Friday to make my life easier?

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2017, 09:05:02 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
Besides the fact that they did try to make life difficult for IT last night I have to say it seems like they have a new guy appear out of nowhere to play great. Last night it was Morrow. He was hitting shots and mixing it up. I thought they tried to use Wade as the playmaker last night and he responded. I go out of my mind when I see Lopez hitting everything like last night. This was not an easy win last night.

We were jacking up bad 3's in the 1st half. Crowder was absolutely horrendous the entire game until he got the offensive rebound I think late 3rd quarter.

It kills me also when a 2nd rounder like Zipser comes in and confidently hits a 3 and Felicio is a real beast that I wish we had coming off our bench.

They made adjustments but the fire of AB kept us in the game and Horford got involved and IT was able to finish strong with some help from Olynyk and Marcus. Great win that easily could have gone south.

Can they just please blow out Chicago Friday to make my life easier?

You're absolutely right! I think every time Lopez hit one of his ridiculous shots and I banged my chair and blurted out some obscenities. It's annoying! I think an overlooked aspect of this series, which is good for us, is Mirotic struggling. He's had some open looks and hasn't converted. 

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2017, 09:15:17 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

You're absolutely right! I think every time Lopez hit one of his ridiculous shots and I banged my chair and blurted out some obscenities. It's annoying! I think an overlooked aspect of this series, which is good for us, is Mirotic struggling. He's had some open looks and hasn't converted.

Thank goodness it's not only me with Lopez and the obscenities.

You are right about Mirotic. He almost looks scared out there and it seems he can only hit the shot if he is on an island all by himself with the time that Amir usually has for his 3 pt attempts.

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2017, 10:47:45 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
They are hoping Canaan is the answer at PG. I thought they played their best with him. He defended IT4 better than anyone they had b4 him (w/o RR). If he gets them off to a more balanced start, that could help them a lot. He also scored some, which MCW and any other PG did. They need all they can get from that position and he is better than the NOTHING they got w/o RR.
The thing of playing Canaaan PG is
Butler is going to dissapear

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2017, 10:51:48 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
And we can't miss the 3s more miserably but still won
The Bulls just not a good team