Author Topic: Jayson Tatum best game last season vs Notre Dame - ACC Tourney championship  (Read 3711 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Looks like he has another gear he can resort to , in these kind of situations.  Excited to see what Tatum can do at the NBA level.   Enjoy

Last 3 mins... Jayson Tatum show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjeLHeqYsu8

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
He was brilliant that game.

He dominated the entire ACC tourney. One of the most impressive 4 day stretches I've ever seen from a college freshman.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Nice.

I did notice Tatum missed the cutter at 0:32 left as he stuck to his man who was camped out in the corner, should have helped out to avoid the easy flush.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Nice.

I did notice Tatum missed the cutter at 0:32 left as he stuck to his man who was camped out in the corner, should have helped out to avoid the easy flush.

He will learn

But don't forget the weakside block , leading to end to end transition basket... monster!

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Nice.

He will learn

But don't forget the weakside block , leading to end to end transition basket... monster!
Yeah, take over the game kid!

Offline kmart12

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20
I hate to be a downer, but I really hope his finishing ability translates to the NBA. Watching his highlights, I can't help but notice that he rarely completes a move to pass by (i.e., quickness/space) or get through a defender (i.e., explosiveness/strength). From what I've seen he's primarily making drives against opposing bigs (not SFs), using his slight quickness advantage and decent handles create a nice look. I'm not sure how that will look against stronger and more athletic players.

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I hate to be a downer, but I really hope his finishing ability translates to the NBA. Watching his highlights, I can't help but notice that he rarely completes a move to pass by (i.e., quickness/space) or get through a defender (i.e., explosiveness/strength). From what I've seen he's primarily making drives against opposing bigs (not SFs), using his slight quickness advantage and decent handles create a nice look. I'm not sure how that will look against stronger and more athletic players.

I share similar concerns.
Some nice plays but the defenders here are just awful. He needs more extension on his finishes if he's going to score vs NBA length when driving to the basket.

The good news is that he can create his own shot off the dribble and his footwork is excellent.
He hits some very, very tough shots that he'll only improve at with reps in the gym.

Needs a quicker first step and create more separation using his body/length at rim when finishing. He kind of cups the ball for some reason, maybe his hands aren't big enough or something.

That being said, he looks like he should become a bigger, stronger version of Evan Turner with a legit 3 point shot and more post game- which would basically be an All Star in today's NBA.

One of his biggest weaknesses to me is only averaging 2 assists a game especially with shooters like Kennard, Grayson Allen and Jones around him.

But...There's certainly TRUCKLOADS of potential there and he has the right character/work ethic.
I'm still not convinced he'll be better than Fultz but I really hope he proves me wrong.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Tatum vs Isaac last season -  Isaac started strong but ended cold.   Tatum just kept trucking

for those that are concerned if Tatum can score against length/a guy more explosive than him.   Tatum scores 2 beauties against a stretched out Isaac ...   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4rz7t2hPxE

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Tp thanks for sharing.
He can drive better than most of us think.
Very long and his athleticism could be under rated.
Seems more polished at this point than Brown did coming into his rookie year.

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Tatum is faster than NBA 4s and bigger than 3s, and he don't go full if not needed, that's why some people think he look unatheletic but he isn't

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
Tatum is faster than NBA 4s and bigger than 3s, and he don't go full if not needed, that's why some people think he look unatheletic but he isn't

He's a very heady player. Very measured. He doesn't use a sledgehammer to break an egg. Hopefully he ca  still bring out the sledgehammer when he needs to.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Tatum scored 1.03 points per possession on 33 post up possessions, first in the NCAA among high major players with at least 30 attempts.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jayson-Tatum-7249/ ©DraftExpress

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

He's a very heady player. Very measured. He doesn't use a sledgehammer to break an egg. Hopefully he ca  still bring out the sledgehammer when he needs to.

yes he will!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA4vwEiVqiE
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_eRqUtH5ks

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Nice.

He will learn

Best thing for me about the block/rebound/coast to coast finish sequence was that after making the layup he immediately puts his head down and sprints back to get back on defense.

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
So at one point, his Jr. Year I believe, Tatum was the #1 player in his class.  So he got talent.