Author Topic: Tatum vs. BKN 18  (Read 850 times)

Tatum vs. BKN 18
« on: August 22, 2017, 08:41:00 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
There are rumors that the Cavs really wanted Tatum. Now we find that Danny included BKN 18.

We don't know for sure that this was the exact tradeoff, but it seems likely. Which tells us that Danny may like Tatum more than the BKN 18 pick.

Thoughts?

Re: Tatum vs. BKN 18
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 08:43:17 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
My thought is you tell Dan Gilbert to pound sand and you don't trade either.

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 08:45:04 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The top two projected picks both have way higher upside, but there's less than a 50% chance we get a top-2 pick.

I wouldn't have traded either. Maybe Brown.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 08:54:36 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
The top two projected picks both have way higher upside, but there's less than a 50% chance we get a top-2 pick.

I wouldn't have traded either. Maybe Brown.

Yes, and if the Nets finish even 3rd worst, the odds fall to 30%.

So you have a 30-40% chance at a guy who probably has a 30-40% chance of being as good as Kyrie? And a small chance of being a lot better.

If BKN ends up with the 6-7 pick and IT is not fully healthy for a while, I think this starts to look pretty good.

I just can't get rid of this nagging feeling that Danny blinked and we could've done the deal without that pick.

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 09:14:29 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
He must be...

Bullish on the Nets in the East
Bearish on the Lakers in the West
Bearish on IT's hip
Bullish on Brown and Tatum
Bullish on Irving

He must be thinking that Brown and Tatum are already two big winners out of the three Brooklyn opportunities. And he must be thinking that the Lakers/Kings pick is gonna be better than the third Brooklyn pick. And he must be nervous about ever relying on IT's hip for a playoff run again. And he must think Irving has another level to his game, like, league-leading scorer level, at the same efficiency.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.