Author Topic: Fultz's Terrible Start & Injury Updates  (Read 29498 times)

Re: 76ers fans panicking over Fultz
« Reply #180 on: December 10, 2017, 09:00:58 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Remember when 95% of Celtics blog were calling for Danny's head for about a month after the trade?  ::)
Not me, this is my post at the time

Celtics Talk / Re: For all the Josh Jackson supporters....
« on: June 19, 2017, 06:45:53 AM »
OK i have watched the videos and it's CLEARLY Tatum over JJ(which, i can also take it) for me

JJ you hope he can be a Butler guy, he shoot jumpers mostly with his wrist and that could be a problem in NBA(range/space), can guard 1-2s,the upside is there but more uncertainty

Tatum fits better in CBS's pace/space system for he is a good shooter and can also create/score, he really does has PP potential

And for that i can understand why Danny passed on Fulz
1.The bigger the better(impactful), guard is easy to get with our assets and don't need to be an all-rounder if your star wings/bigs can do the passing/creation, for example this draft(and others) has plenty of athletic or scoring guards outside of top5

2.Combine that with Fulz's red flag:Knee problem/Winning(hustling)attitude/college Record and bad workouts(shows clearly he is not a LBJ/KD/Duncan level prospect, means you can afford on passing)

I see the full logic for danny to pass on him, it's just a shame he can't get more out of it but anything is a plus(and 2018 pick in big mans draft is what we all want)

So i am happy now and waiting for the draft
and...wow danny really is good at his busness

In danny i trust ;)
Tp for the foresight. I was a Jackson fan. But then, sigh, I liked bender and Dunn as well.

Kris Dunn has actually been excellent lately. Over his last 7 games he's averaging 17 pts, 7.6 ast, 5.3 reb, 2 stl on .500/.529 shooting. Turnovers are still too high, but he overall he's a lot better than he was last year.

Re: Fultz's Terrible Start & Injury Updates
« Reply #181 on: December 10, 2017, 10:12:09 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
It's obvious to me that Fultz has a mental disorder. He's also as dumb as a brick if you've seen interviews with him and his social media posts. It could be that the Sixers do not want him to communicate with the media for fear of divulging information regarding the Sixers FO. That means delaying him from playing while looking for a potential trade. This could be another bad situation in Philly. I mean how does he answer the questions (with his low IQ) "why did you play injured" "who did you tell about your injury" "how did the Sixers not know you were hurt" "why did you change your shot without approval of your team"

Seriously?

This is why people think Celtics fans are obnoxious.

I would assume that you'd have more to contribute when calling someone obnoxious. I personally do not have answers to those four questions and we've all spent 2 months hypothesizing answers. Do you really think that the Sixers want the guy who posted the tissot advertisement template without filling in the templated parts to be the one who answers them?

Okay, but saying/classifying that he has a mental disorder because of that one possible mishap? REALLY???

You seriously don't think there's anything wrong with that...  ???

And to suggest he's even on the trade market right now because of it is kind of ridiculous too.

Exactly. The initial post was beyond silly. 1.) How do we even know he was the one that made that post? It was on draft night, so it's highly probable some member of his team did it for him. 2.) The Sixers - and multiple teams - interview these players extensively beforehand. They interview the people around them, coaches, teachers, everyone. But somehow, they missed some type of mental disorder that some CB poster was able to spot by analyzing a botched Instagram post. 3.) The Sixers aren't trading him. While they're not the best managed team in the league, I think it'd unprecedented for a team to trade a #1 overall pick before they even get through their rookie season. The only one I can recall is Wiggins and that trade delivered the team an in his prime All Star big to appease LeBron James. Philly went all in to get Fultz. They're not pulling the plug 6 months later.

Sheesh. Sometimes I hate the internet.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #182 on: December 10, 2017, 10:37:18 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
It's obvious to me that Fultz has a mental disorder. He's also as dumb as a brick if you've seen interviews with him and his social media posts. It could be that the Sixers do not want him to communicate with the media for fear of divulging information regarding the Sixers FO. That means delaying him from playing while looking for a potential trade. This could be another bad situation in Philly. I mean how does he answer the questions (with his low IQ) "why did you play injured" "who did you tell about your injury" "how did the Sixers not know you were hurt" "why did you change your shot without approval of your team"

Seriously?

I would assume that you'd have more to contribute when calling someone obnoxious. I personally do not have answers to those four questions and we've all spent 2 months hypothesizing answers. Do you really think that the Sixers want the guy who posted the tissot advertisement template without filling in the templated parts to be the one who answers them?

Okay, but saying/classifying that he has a mental disorder because of that one possible mishap? REALLY???

And to suggest he's even on the trade market right now because of it is kind of ridiculous too.

Exactly. The initial post was beyond silly. 1.) How do we even know he was the one that made that post? It was on draft night, so it's highly probable some member of his team did it for him. 2.) The Sixers - and multiple teams - interview these players extensively beforehand. They interview the people around them, coaches, teachers, everyone. But somehow, they missed some type of mental disorder that some CB poster was able to spot by analyzing a botched Instagram post. 3.) The Sixers aren't trading him. While they're not the best managed team in the league, I think it'd unprecedented for a team to trade a #1 overall pick before they even get through their rookie season. The only one I can recall is Wiggins and that trade delivered the team an in his prime All Star big to appease LeBron James. Philly went all in to get Fultz. They're not pulling the plug 6 months later.

"But somehow, they missed some type of mental disorder that some CB poster was able to spot by analyzing a botched Instagram post."

I've already explained that I'm not saying he has a mental problem because he made a mistake on instagram... I'm not sure how two different people made the same reading comprehension error... usually when the word also is used in a subsequent sentence, a new thought has been introduced to support the future conclusion. The word you're looking for is "because" I.e. "He has a mental problem because he's unintelligent."

Now if you want to say that someone on his team made the post, that's your opinion. You may be right, but I find it highly unlikely that a paid publicist would make an idiotic error like that and I doubt he's giving his friend access to go wild on his instagram page which itself is idiotic.

Next, you're assuming that the Sixers extensively evaluated him when we all know that's the furthest from the truth. No one met with him because the Celtics were supposed to draft him.  He flew to Philly at night for a light workout and they made the trade. It's very easy to miss mental health disorders in the matter of a couple hours. Remember Royce White?

Ive already said my piece on the possibility of a trade a few posts back which I think that you may have  missed. They aren't going to trade him until they do. Just like they wouldn't trade Noel, Okafor or MCW. There are already rumors and rumblings. Are you that sure that they will not trade him that you're willing to call someone that you don't know obnoxious just for their opinion? My stance on the Sixers: no amount of buffoonery would surprise me. I just don't see how they explain this mess and make both sides look reasonably competent. If they get a good haul for him they may take it. Are they going to turn down McCollum (one of the rumors) for example?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 10:46:15 PM by Erik »

« Reply #183 on: December 10, 2017, 11:14:04 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Seriously?

"But somehow, they missed some type of mental disorder that some CB poster was able to spot by analyzing a botched Instagram post."

I've already explained that I'm not saying he has a mental problem because he made a mistake on instagram... I'm not sure how two different people made the same reading comprehension error... usually when the word also is used in a subsequent sentence, a new thought has been introduced to support the future conclusion. The word you're looking for is "because" I.e. "He has a mental problem because he's unintelligent."

Now if you want to say that someone on his team made the post, that's your opinion. You may be right, but I find it highly unlikely that a paid publicist would make an idiotic error like that and I doubt he's giving his friend access to go wild on his instagram page which itself is idiotic.

Next, you're assuming that the Sixers extensively evaluated him when we all know that's the furthest from the truth. No one met with him because the Celtics were supposed to draft him.  He flew to Philly at night for a light workout and they made the trade. It's very easy to miss mental health disorders in the matter of a couple hours. Remember Royce White?

Ive already said my piece on the possibility of a trade a few posts back which I think that you may have  missed. They aren't going to trade him until they do. Just like they wouldn't trade Noel, Okafor or MCW. There are already rumors and rumblings. Are you that sure that they will not trade him that you're willing to call someone that you don't know obnoxious just for their opinion? My stance on the Sixers: no amount of buffoonery would surprise me. I just don't see how they explain this mess and make both sides look reasonably competent. If they get a good haul for him they may take it. Are they going to turn down McCollum (one of the rumors) for example?

Lol. My reading comprehension isn't an issue. If it is, then Northeastern owes me a refund for this bogus BA in English with a concentration in creative writing. See how annoying it is when someone shows off on an internet forum?

Btw, Royce White's were well documented before he was drafted. Houston took a gamble and it didn't work out. If you're going to use an example, at least Google it first.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #184 on: December 10, 2017, 11:35:26 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason

Seriously?

Lol. My reading comprehension isn't an issue. If it is, then Northeastern owes me a refund for this bogus BA in English with a concentration in creative writing. See how annoying it is when someone shows off on an internet forum?

Btw, Royce White's were well documented before he was drafted. Houston took a gamble and it didn't work out. If you're going to use an example, at least Google it first.

Not annoying at all... I'm actually glad that you had just made a mistake and it wasn't a larger problem. Again, I wasn't trying to claim that he has a mental disorder because he goofed on instagram.

You're right about Royce White.. I had misremembered that it was known because I somehow recalled the Rockets surprised about the flying situation. Thanks for correcting that. It's still really easy to miss a mental health problem if the person isn't forthcoming. I'm certainly not the first person to speculate that he has the yips or some anxiety disorder. I know that he was a big shot in college, but maybe the spotlight of national tv NBA games may be too much for him. He's also always going to have to measure up to Tatum plus the pick (which as of now seems like a tall mountain to climb).

« Reply #185 on: December 11, 2017, 12:20:16 AM »

Offline estendius

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
I'm still not sure about Fultz's status. If he's healthy, why not let him practice and play. Why they need re-evaluated in the next 3 weeks ?
He plays bad, it's OK. The only way that he can improve is play in real NBA match.

« Reply #186 on: December 11, 2017, 01:29:19 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I guess CsBlog is redefining mental disorders now.  And heck, if we can do that, maybe we can save Fultz as well.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #187 on: December 11, 2017, 01:32:30 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Selectively quoting some fans to push a point is meaningless.  The Libertballers site isn't panicking.  Looks like the Sixers are putting the downtime to good use.  Coach Brown is holding the same classrooms sessions with Fultz like he did Simmons and they are also working on his diet and overall fitness. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21722893/philadelphia-76ers-coach-brett-brown-holds-jon-gruden-film-sessions-markelle-fultz
I didn't selectively quote fans. I quoted every post from this page after the "fultz is healthy now" news broke :  https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1644743&start=220#start_here

If I could I would quote all 4 pages of the 76ers fans but got tired of copying and pasting
The very first one I saw when I clicked the link was:

Christmas time seems like a good bet right now. Like others have said, zero need to rush Fultz back until he's 100% ready to let it fire from 3.

Didn't see you list that one or this one:

so there is a chance he plays in approximately three weeks? good good ill take it.

Like I said selective quoting to push a point that is meaningless.  These same fans your quoting would have been griping about Embiid and Simmons being out.  Didn't mean anything on their recovery and it means nothing for Fultz either.
ok you're right I did skip a few but the vast majority as you saw were panic after the news broke. Its pretty funny to see their panic posts and thought I would share

Tazz your efforts to defend every possible thing slightly tied to philly is honestly really tiresome. 76er fans are certainly slightly panicking about Fultz. We would be doing the same thing if he was on our team. Just knock it off

« Reply #188 on: December 11, 2017, 03:30:51 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Selectively quoting some fans to push a point is meaningless.  The Libertballers site isn't panicking.  Looks like the Sixers are putting the downtime to good use.  Coach Brown is holding the same classrooms sessions with Fultz like he did Simmons and they are also working on his diet and overall fitness. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21722893/philadelphia-76ers-coach-brett-brown-holds-jon-gruden-film-sessions-markelle-fultz
I didn't selectively quote fans. I quoted every post from this page after the "fultz is healthy now" news broke :  https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1644743&start=220#start_here

If I could I would quote all 4 pages of the 76ers fans but got tired of copying and pasting
The very first one I saw when I clicked the link was:

Christmas time seems like a good bet right now. Like others have said, zero need to rush Fultz back until he's 100% ready to let it fire from 3.

Didn't see you list that one or this one:

so there is a chance he plays in approximately three weeks? good good ill take it.

Like I said selective quoting to push a point that is meaningless.  These same fans your quoting would have been griping about Embiid and Simmons being out.  Didn't mean anything on their recovery and it means nothing for Fultz either.
ok you're right I did skip a few but the vast majority as you saw were panic after the news broke. Its pretty funny to see their panic posts and thought I would share

Tazz your efforts to defend every possible thing slightly tied to philly is honestly really tiresome. 76er fans are certainly slightly panicking about Fultz. We would be doing the same thing if he was on our team. Just knock it off
To be fair we won't draft him at first place though..

Appreciate OP for sharing opinions of the otherside, they are fun to read

« Reply #189 on: December 11, 2017, 04:35:15 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I'm still not sure about Fultz's status. If he's healthy, why not let him practice and play. Why they need re-evaluated in the next 3 weeks ?
He plays bad, it's OK. The only way that he can improve is play in real NBA match.
I guess they sit rooks by default.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #190 on: December 11, 2017, 08:14:08 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
they are ramping up his practice over the next 3 weeks and then evaluating. They aren't just sitting him 3 more weeks and then think about it more.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 08:23:09 AM by Moranis »
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip