Author Topic: Thoughts on Kyrie tonight???  (Read 5610 times)

Re: Thoughts on Kyrie tonight???
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2017, 10:45:35 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
He played well, but not like really well. The box score says he scored 21, but he hardly seems like a leader on the floor. I honestly forget he is out there sometimes; that would never have been said about a healthy IT. Just different styles, I guess.

I think we need to give him a couple months to settle into Stevens' system. It is also probably a total gut punch to him losing Hayward, but I am still expecting/hoping for quite a bit more.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 10:56:05 PM by jambr380 »

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 10:48:42 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
Same Kyrie he has always been.  If he doesn't improve...

Can we start to put the "superstar" **** to rest?  No superstar has ever been outplayed by Terry Rozier.

That's a bit harsh after three games on a team this young without Gordon Hayward.  A good chunk of our offensive sets got disrupted when Gordon went down.

If Kyrie wanted to go out and score a lot more he could definitely do it.  He is trying extremely hard to execute a difficult offense with a bunch of inexperienced players around him.  I have no doubts that his game is going to reach another level as he becomes more experienced with CBS's system.

Well said.  Kyrie played within himself and didn't force anything in the 3rd quarter even when we were struggling.  There were a few stagnant 4th quarter possessions but eh it happens. 

You can tell he's still trying to find his groove with his new team.  I thought he played well overall.  He made some really good passes (the bullet pass to Bird which led to a shooting foul comes to mind, that and the extra pass to Larkin for the open 3).

Very well said, guys.  So he is a superstar?

For CelticsBlog, it depends on the day you're asking this question.

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2017, 10:49:23 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Played well when we needed him.

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2017, 10:58:31 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Huge disappointment considering we gave up the face of the frnachise, a valuable future asset, a big part of our heart and soul and a big man prospect for a guy that got outplayed by Terry Rozier.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2017, 11:00:01 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm not going to judge him game by game. Kyrie is better than he's shown.

I still hate the trade, haha.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2017, 11:01:34 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Huge disappointment considering we gave up the face of the frnachise, a valuable future asset, a big part of our heart and soul and a big man prospect for a guy that got outplayed by Terry Rozier.

We clearly overpaid.

It's not just Isaiah-for-Kyrie like people here make it out to be.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2017, 11:07:15 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
He was fine. Danny didn't get him for what he is right now - it's what he's hopefully going to turn into playing in this system. 

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2017, 11:16:54 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
Does everyone realize the special season Isaiah Thomas had last year came after already playing a year and a half in BS' system?  That he had a year and a half to build chemistry and learn tendencies of the core group of players there? 

Even before Hayward went down, everyone knew (or should have known) there was going to be an extreme learning curve for a team returning only 4 guys from last year's team.  Think about it.  2 starters are under the age of 20.  A second yr player and a rookie!!  Let that sink in.  With the exception of Al, everyone on this team is trying to figure out their role, fit, spots, tendencies, etc.  These guys do not have the reps or minutes TOGETHER yet. 

For anyone to compare IT's season last yr to Kyrie's first 3 games on a team that lost their 2nd best player, has only 4 returning players and had players named Larkin and Bird playing crunch time minutes in the 4th quarter of a close game, is absolutely ludicrous!!

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2017, 11:23:23 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Does everyone realize the special season Isaiah Thomas had last year came after already playing a year and a half in BS' system?  That he had a year and a half to build chemistry and learn tendencies of the core group of players there? 

Even before Hayward went down, everyone knew (or should have known) there was going to be an extreme learning curve for a team returning only 4 guys from last year's team.  Think about it.  2 starters are under the age of 20.  A second yr player and a rookie!!  Let that sink in.  With the exception of Al, everyone on this team is trying to figure out their role, fit, spots, tendencies, etc.  These guys do not have the reps or minutes TOGETHER yet. 

For anyone to compare IT's season last yr to Kyrie's first 3 games on a team that lost their 2nd best player, has only 4 returning players and had players named Larkin and Bird playing crunch time minutes in the 4th quarter of a close game, is absolutely ludicrous!!

I think what you're seeing is a response to all of the "Kyrie is already better than IT" posts. But I agree, three games isn't enough time.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2017, 01:00:10 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
He played well, but not like really well. The box score says he scored 21, but he hardly seems like a leader on the floor. I honestly forget he is out there sometimes; that would never have been said about a healthy IT. Just different styles, I guess.

You had your eyes closed down the stretch in the game?  If you cared about winning the game, I noticed him making most all of the plays to win it at the end.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 01:08:06 AM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2017, 01:07:40 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
Same Kyrie he has always been.  If he doesn't improve...

Can we start to put the "superstar" **** to rest?  No superstar has ever been outplayed by Terry Rozier.

lol

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2017, 02:02:02 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
I'm not going to judge him game by game. Kyrie is better than he's shown.

I still hate the trade, haha.
Same man.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2017, 02:03:59 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

It's not just Isaiah though, we also gave up Crowder who is very valuable with his contract, a nice looking Nets pick now Lin is down and a young big man prospect who can be a serviceable player with some value in Zizic for A GUY WHO GOT OUTPLAYED BY TERRY ****ING ROZIER AGAINST A TEAM THAT HAS **** PGs! At least get 25/10/5 a game on good efficiency smh.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2017, 03:57:17 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

It's not just Isaiah though, we also gave up Crowder who is very valuable with his contract, a nice looking Nets pick now Lin is down and a young big man prospect who can be a serviceable player with some value in Zizic for A GUY WHO GOT OUTPLAYED BY TERRY ****ING ROZIER AGAINST A TEAM THAT HAS **** PGs! At least get 25/10/5 a game on good efficiency smh.

Im going to tell you this. Kyrie has outplayed IT+Crowder this season.

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2017, 04:16:16 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Im going to tell you this. Kyrie has outplayed IT+Crowder this season.
The first who is injured (so no data) and the second one who's doing what he's expected to do. You also haven't factored in the potential of the Nets pick and Zizic, which can be valuable assets.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA