Author Topic: How good is Nader? Will he get a lot of minutes?  (Read 5652 times)

Re: How good is Nader? Will he get a lot of minutes?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2017, 09:40:48 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Elephant in the room... he kinda makes Tatum redundant.

Sure, in the sense that Rozier kinda made IT redundant last year.

Tatum and Nader are on totally different levels as prospects.

I was assuming tarheels was joking...at least I hope so  :o

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2017, 09:47:57 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I see at least 12 players ahead in the rotation. In another team he could be a decent second string SF, so who knows? Besides, anyone can shine in October and earn minutes or a bench spot...or get traded  :laugh:

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2017, 10:02:08 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
SEMI is my new favorite

So you're breaking up with Nader?   :'(

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2017, 10:11:25 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
1, maybe 2, players will get semi-regular (Green/Zeller level) minutes out of the bottom 6 group including: Nader, Yabusele, Larkin, Theis, Zizic, and Ojeleye. I just have no idea who it/they will be. I suppose Nader has as much of a chance as any of them.

One will also get cut/traded.

One of Theis/Zizic will get the Zeller role, although it might be match up dependent.

Nader seems the most polished and experienced of the wing guys and might get a few minutes because of that.  Larkin is just injury insurance.

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2017, 12:40:12 PM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 123
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
Greg Pop seems to regularly go very deep into his bench most games.  As CBS is in his lab the first 3 months of the season, it will be very interesting/telling to see how many and who gets minutes (albeit for some the minutes will not be much).  I am really looking forward to that "sorting" process.

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2017, 01:50:18 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Greg Pop seems to regularly go very deep into his bench most games.  As CBS is in his lab the first 3 months of the season, it will be very interesting/telling to see how many and who gets minutes (albeit for some the minutes will not be much).  I am really looking forward to that "sorting" process.

Agree.  After IT, Hayward and Horford, we'll see a lot of mix and match lineups throughout the first half of the season.

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2017, 02:26:18 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
SEMI is my new favorite

Yeah this is really a shocker coming from rollie.  I feel betrayed after he convinced me to jump on the Nader bandwagon when no one else was supporting the kid the way rollie did.

Semi, huh rollie...frankly I didn't think he had a great SL...he's a tweener...please enlighten us.

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2017, 03:02:20 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
SEMI is my new favorite

Yeah this is really a shocker coming from rollie.  I feel betrayed after he convinced me to jump on the Nader bandwagon when no one else was supporting the kid the way rollie did.

Semi, huh rollie...frankly I didn't think he had a great SL...he's a tweener...please enlighten us.
Not speaking for Rollie, but Nader looks like a jack of all trades, not great in any area kind of guy.  Semi looks like he will play a specific role really well- hit 3's and defend multiple positions.

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2017, 03:18:55 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
SEMI is my new favorite

Not speaking for Rollie, but Nader looks like a jack of all trades, not great in any area kind of guy.  Semi looks like he will play a specific role really well- hit 3's and defend multiple positions.

I think Nader's one great NBA skill is his 3 pt shot. I think he can really shoot it. He'll get open looks in the NBA as he won't be the focus of the defense.

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2017, 05:03:51 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
SEMI is my new favorite

I think Nader's one great NBA skill is his 3 pt shot. I think he can really shoot it. He'll get open looks in the NBA as he won't be the focus of the defense.
Hopefully he will shoot far better with less attention because he has never really been an above average 3 point shooter at any level.

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2017, 06:05:25 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Nader had a very good 3 pt%  through mid season but he became their primary scorer tailed off  but the guy made the roster a huge accomplishment-he is a better shooter than his end of season numbers-He has been working on defense this off season-he has the advantage of a year with morrison and is a known quantity

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2017, 07:23:08 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
1, maybe 2, players will get semi-regular (Green/Zeller level) minutes out of the bottom 6 group including: Nader, Yabusele, Larkin, Theis, Zizic, and Ojeleye. I just have no idea who it/they will be. I suppose Nader has as much of a chance as any of them.

One will also get cut/traded.

Why?

IT 34 / Rozier 14
Smart 32 / Brown 16
Hayward 32 / Tatum 12 / Brown 4
Crowder 32 / Morris 16
Horford 32 / Baynes 16

Yabu or Zizic might end up stealing some minutes from Baynes, but I don't see how 1 or 2 of those guys get regular minutes.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2017, 07:36:06 PM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
How good is he? I think he could play in the NBA and contribute somewhere, with minutes and the experience he gains he could improve. The jump from the standard he has been playing in and the NBA is so great though it is tricky to predict who has something that will work at NBA level.

I doubt he gets a lot of minutes. He will have to earn them and he may not get many chances to do that. Injuries are his best chance of finding an opening I would imagine. Nobody wants to wish injuries on a player (or at least not a Celtic).

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2017, 08:32:43 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
I went crazy in another post and gave Nader 10 minutes/game this year. I did a mediocre job of justifying it.

Semi to Maine.
Nader already did Maine.
Zizic to Maine. (anyone watch SL?)
Yabu...no idea.

Anyway, he has average handles at best. Great shot though with size to slash..in SL he brought the ball up in a few games PG and played SG a few times also.

I think Nader is locked in for 6 minutes/game. D league is the worst basketball in the world because there is no defense, thus, who knows if he can play defense?

Anyway, as the 2017 Celtics are "tall and thick" they no longer need to go "small." Put a group of guys out there with Nader at the point and go "big." 3's 4's and 5's everywhere.

Nader
Crowder
Morris
Horford
Baynes

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2017, 08:53:06 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I was on the cut Nader train, so Id expect/hope basically no PT.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.