Author Topic: 2018 NBA Draft  (Read 11086 times)

Re: 2018 NBA Draft
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2017, 06:59:26 PM »

Offline MichaelJ

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
I actually think this team will be fine with just about any player in the current projected top 7 or 8 even without Bagley reclassifying. Having seen most of these guys a few times already I really dont think this draft is as important to the team as last year. Yes obviously guys will flame out but I like alot of these guys and can see fans happy with many of them.
very good point. tp

I honestly sometimes picture Danny laughing and throwing a dart at a board to decide who to pick  if he ended up with the 2nd and 3rd picks in next years draft.  We will be finals contenders regardless

But picturing Bagley at the 4 or coming off the bench with our other young guys can be exciting too lol

I think we need a youngster like Bagley, Porter, Doncic to ever really win the Ship though, which is the whole point no?

I think getting 1-2 top guys in next year's draft pays dividends immediately as well as long term.  We lengthen our bench with youth, skill, and athleticism for now and add another (more) potential building block starter(s)

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2017, 07:07:03 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Danny checking out one of his consolation prizes wingspan lol

Even Danny knows we will be at the top. Wasting no time

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2017, 07:09:19 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
I actually think this team will be fine with just about any player in the current projected top 7 or 8 even without Bagley reclassifying. Having seen most of these guys a few times already I really dont think this draft is as important to the team as last year. Yes obviously guys will flame out but I like alot of these guys and can see fans happy with many of them.
very good point. tp

I honestly sometimes picture Danny laughing and throwing a dart at a board to decide who to pick  if he ended up with the 2nd and 3rd picks in next years draft.  We will be finals contenders regardless

But picturing Bagley at the 4 or coming off the bench with our other young guys can be exciting too lol

I think we need a youngster like Bagley, Porter, Doncic to ever really win the Ship though, which is the whole point no?

I think getting 1-2 top guys in next year's draft pays dividends immediately as well as long term.  We lengthen our bench with youth, skill, and athleticism for now and add another (more) potential building block starter(s)

We don't have enough talent to compete with even Cleveland yet or the top of the West. Have to get some more elite talent on the squad even if its not quite ready to start. Draft is the best bet for that..

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2017, 09:32:41 PM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
I dont get how everybody gets so excited about players who havent even played college ball.

I remember a few years ago everybody called Shabazz Muhammed the next great player after he came out of high school, now look how that went.

Okafor another great example...

Lets see who tops the mock drafts after march...

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2017, 09:02:55 AM »

Offline clintonwalker

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
I dont get how everybody gets so excited about players who havent even played college ball.

I remember a few years ago everybody called Shabazz Muhammed the next great player after he came out of high school, now look how that went.

Sure some people are over hyped and turn in to busy but ever hall of famer also came up the same way at one point they uadnt even played a college game yet. How could you possibly NOT get excited?

« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2017, 10:14:11 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

It's the summer. We really don't have anything else to talk about.

Mike

« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2017, 11:43:45 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
If Bagley is in next years draft then I would petition the league to combine the Nets and LAL ping pong balls into one big ping pong ball and just forfeit the other pick. He's that worth it.
Before anyone says it's not possible...I KNOW! But I would still do it if the offer was there.

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2017, 12:05:10 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
If Bagley is in next years draft then I would petition the league to combine the Nets and LAL ping pong balls into one big ping pong ball and just forfeit the other pick. He's that worth it.
Before anyone says it's not possible...I KNOW! But I would still do it if the offer was there.

Nets will be the worst team in the league bar none. We'll just have to see how the ping pong balls break but I'm confident we'll get one of Bagley or Porter. Then I want Doncic with the Laker pick..

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2017, 12:06:56 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Yes we do need elite talent even if its not ready yet but again this isnt like the 17 draft where the Cs were only really going to find 3 or 4 guys that could really help them. I could make a case that all except 2 of the top 8 or 9 fit great with what the teams needs or could use.

Yes I think there are 4 guys that I think could be elite but the guys 5 - 9 will be pretty good.

« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2017, 02:10:03 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Agreed.  We need more elite talent.

We have some great veterans and a handful of good youngsters (MS,JT,JB, and more).

But I don't think we have a KAT, Anthony Davis, Giannis type player.  I would love the chance to draft one in 2018.  According to many scouts, Marvin Bagley is looking like a prospect of that elite caliber.

The good news for us is, we may actually have two shots at an elite prospect.  I think Deandre Ayton has the most upside among the players currently in the 2018 draft.  I know we have a small chance of getting the Lakers pick, but I am hopeful that we will get 2 top 5 picks. But, I'd rather get #1 than get #2 and #3. 

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2017, 03:02:13 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30

We have some great veterans and a handful of good youngsters (MS,JT,JB, and more).

But I don't think we have a KAT, Anthony Davis, Giannis type player.  I would love the chance to draft one in 2018.  According to many scouts, Marvin Bagley is looking like a prospect of that elite caliber.

The good news for us is, we may actually have two shots at an elite prospect.  I think Deandre Ayton has the most upside among the players currently in the 2018 draft.  I know we have a small chance of getting the Lakers pick, but I am hopeful that we will get 2 top 5 picks. But, I'd rather get #1 than get #2 and #3.

We may or may not have that type of player yet but Im not going to pin my hopes on a top 2 pick like I have the last 2 draft eventhough I feel this could be the best top 2 out of the past 2 drafts. Im fine with developing 3 guys that can be stars even if none of them end up being superstars.

I think most people would love this current team if it had Butler, PG13, and say Hayward or Gobert. None of those guys are superstars in my book but certainly stars. Would it help if you had Butler, Durant, George? Sure. It would be a better team for sure but I dont think its a difference that I can say we absolutely have to have in order to win a title.

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2017, 04:49:00 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown

We may or may not have that type of player yet but Im not going to pin my hopes on a top 2 pick like I have the last 2 draft eventhough I feel this could be the best top 2 out of the past 2 drafts. Im fine with developing 3 guys that can be stars even if none of them end up being superstars.

I think most people would love this current team if it had Butler, PG13, and say Hayward or Gobert. None of those guys are superstars in my book but certainly stars. Would it help if you had Butler, Durant, George? Sure. It would be a better team for sure but I dont think its a difference that I can say we absolutely have to have in order to win a title.

Yeah, I pretty much agree.  It would be sweet to get a generational player, but would not be the end of the world to end up with one of the other prospects in the next draft.

We really are playing with house money.

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2017, 05:41:15 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
Marvin Bagley has officially submitted his paperwork

https://twitter.com/evandaniels/status/891047090490494978

« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2017, 05:43:01 PM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

This is only good news for us. At this point, if we get the Lakers pick, we get a top player in addition to the BRK pick.
#JKJB

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2017, 06:01:16 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown

This is only good news for us. At this point, if we get the Lakers pick, we get a top player in addition to the BRK pick.

Yup.  Great news whether we get Marvin Bagley or not.